“NYC Style at PA prices” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
NYC
“NYC Style at PA prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2007

All I can say is wow!! We had a wonderful time at the Lancaster Arts Hotel. We stayed for 3 days, 2 nights. We arrived early friday and were able to check in at 1pm.

We stayed in the arts suite, the room was outstanding. We have stayed in the NYC London hotel (in a suite) and I would say this was better. The only thing I would recommend would be dual shower heads, or a water fall shower. Because the shower is so big that two can shower together, but the single head makes it difficult and chilly.

Room features: Plush turkish robes, slippers,towels. Saratoga Water, 2 televisions, pull out couch, very comfortable bed that just cacoons you in (don't lay down in it unless you're ready to go to bed..it just pulls you in to lah lah land), big bathroom, jacuzzi, soaps, lotions, iron, hair dryer, continental breakfast ( hard bolied eggs, juices, coffee, bagels, yogurt, fruit, cereal, danish), and on the second night of our stay the bell captain came to our room with a single red rose and chocolates..which we thought was a great touch!

We had every intention of visiting the fitness center..but never made it. That was the night we layed in bed to watch tv for a few minutes, woke up and it was morning. But Im sure it was wonderful, if it looked like the rest of the hotel.

I think this place overall was great, the staff was very attentive and professional. I would recomend it to couples going away for romantic weekends...I don't think it's that much of a kid friendly place. If you have a teenager or older child, they would probably think its cool. As far as the noise..it really didn't stand out that much in mind. I could see if you were in a room by the elevators as they are literally right next door to each other. But I would not describe it as that of an atlantic city hotel or vegas hotel when it comes to the noise. When people walk past your room talking it does stand out and i think that is because the hotel is so quiet, and creates such a relaxing environment. When you hear anything that interrupts the silence it sticks out. The hotel was insanely clean, from the lobby, room, to the parking garage. And downtown Lancaster is very safe, if you start traveling more than 2 miles from the hotel ( like where the lancaster brewing company is) the area changes, but it's not the ghetto.

Hope this helped..any questions let me know. Oh and bring your Triple A card, and get a discount!

Stayed November 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
España
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night. Absolutely great: professional and high standart staff by all means. Very well atended at the front desk. They provide you a complete information about the area: places to visit, transportation to the Amish villages, etc...
The hotel is wonderful and clean. Our room was massive, extremely well decorated and brand new. The bathroom was lovely, hot tub, huge shower. Even the light fittings in the room is great.

Downtown Lancaster does not have anything to see but if you go there, we highly recommend this hotel.

A & I - Spain.

• Liked — The room was excellent.
  • Disliked — Location: a bit far away from downtown.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Central New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2007

I have stayed at Lancaster Arts Hotel 2 times in the past 3 months. It is a really fun, trendy, modern hotel. It is CLEAN...very clean. Bed linens & pillows are so comfortable I looked into purchasing them at the front desk. Towels are nice and heavy. Shower is CLEAN. TV is a flat screen tv and has an Ihome for those of you with Ipods.. Very neat! Comes with blow dryer & ironing board & iron. Parking is plenty. Front desk is pleasant as well as wait staff at the restaurant.
Restaurant at the hotel is as trendy as the hotel. They serve organic and locally grown food. I had their cheese sampler (very good!) and my husband had a pork dish (also very tasty!). They serve local microbreweries beer. Their cosmopolitan was out of this world.
1 complaint....but strong enough to deter me from returning....it is LOUD! I like sleeping while away. If you are an early riser this place may work better for you. I heard doors slamming, HOUSEKEEPING (in the AM!), other people's conversations as well as their tvs. I understand it is an older building. But you would think while renovating they would have upgraded or made sure better insulation was provided. I ended up checking out at 10:15am because I was WIDE awake from the noise at 7am. And check out isn't until 12 noon!

• Liked — trendy, modern style and the cleanliness
  • Disliked — the noise
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

Stayed here because it was recommended by a family member . I was attending a wedding. A very cool hotel, comfortable beds, awesome room.

Stayed August 2007

Been to Lancaster Arts Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Lancaster Arts Hotel

Address: 300 Harrisburg Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17602
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Lancaster County > Lancaster
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Lancaster Arts Hotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Orbitz, TravelClick, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Lancaster Arts Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Lancaster Arts Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.