“Great Stay; Amazing Home; Fanstatic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
“Great Stay; Amazing Home; Fanstatic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Enjoy Lancaster in style.

The best part is the downstairs common area. The hotel offers sitting areas making it perfect groups. There are TVs incase famiy members can't agree and large tables for board games. There is on site bar and breakfast/Bistro.

There is a gas station with Subway, making it a great place. Try Mr. Sticky!

It meets all the Marriott standard, clean & comfortable beds/rooms, friendly services, well-kept pool and common areas.

Room Tip: Even when the hotel is full; don't worry, common area is large enough it still feel private. Fr...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jeremy G, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lancaster, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear WGM12,
Thank you for sharing your great experience with the Trip Advisor Community. We are thrilled that we enjoyed our newly renovated Bistro/ Lounge Area. We strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible as they are away from home and we are so pleased that we were to accomplish this during your stay. We do hope that the next time you are in Lancaster, you chose to stay at our property again. Again we thank you for sharing your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
St. Augustine FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is another nice Marriott property that is close to some shopping and only a few miles from downtown. I found the staff to be friendly and well trained.

I stayed in one of there one bedroom suites. It had a frig and microwave.

I will keep this on my list to stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jeremy G, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lancaster, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear gregbooras, I wanted to thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. We agree that our location provides quick and easy access to all of the great things to do in Lancaster. As a Platinum Marriott Rewards member, you surely have had the opportunity to stay in many different Marriott properties and it is nice to hear that we met the expectations you have for the Marriott brand. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Lancaster.
Northeast US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed three nights here just prior to Thanksgiving 2012.

The hotel appears to serve primarily business travelers as there are mostly businesses and offices nearby.

Being a holiday week there were few people there beside us and the hotel was very quiet.

While it is located in the Lancaster area and is very nice it is probably not the best choice for people who wish to be near the tourist areas just east of the city.

The hotel was very clean, in a [n otherwise] good location and what little interaction I had with the staff was very positive.

We discovered after checking in we were supplied with only one bath towel and the young man at the front desk was more than happy to track down a few more for us.

Speaking of towels, I guess my only [slight] negative is that while new the towels were amazingly thin and cheap looking.

The front desk also had a nice policy where they would give guests a printed card with directions and contact information to area restaurants, attractions, stores etc. This was very handy and they seemed to be able to pull out a card for just about everything.

There were several computers in the lobby area with free internet. There was also a printer for airline boarding passes and that service appeared free also. Compare that to huge add-on charges for these things in places like Vegas and LA.

The hotel has a pool but being November we weren't exactly interested and I think it was closed for the season anyway.

There was plenty of free parking and the room and bathroom were reasonably spacious and there was a sofa bed in addition to a king.

For a great dinner I recommend the nearby Greenfield Inn.

I don't pay full rate for anything so I doubt I'd come here again unless I got another good hit on Priceline.

I definitely recommend the hotel and while it is acceptable for tourist travelers it seems more appropriate for business travelers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear MT5211, Thank you very much for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us before the Thanksgiving Holiday. The direction cards are actually a Courtyard standard that we have taken full advantage of. We do seem to have a printed card for just about everything in Lancaster which makes it easier for our guests to experience all of the joys our county has to offer. The next time you are staying with us, be sure to pack your bathing suit as our indoor pool is open year round and kept at a temperature of about 86 degrees. The boarding pass station is yet another great amenity that you will find at all Courtyards. Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your recent stay and we look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I'll preface this by saying that I am a frequent business traveler and an infrequent reviewer. My fiance and I had the opportunity to visit the Courtyard by Marriott in Lancaster, PA for a wedding a few weeks ago and our experience was completely average despite for the excellent service provided by the hotel's security staff.

My fiance happened to leave a brand new jacket at the wedding by accident, which we noticed by the time we were on our way to the airport the next day and she had already chalked up as a lost cause. I immediately contacted the security team (lost and found) and left a voice mail describing the item as best I could. The very next day, I received a call from a member of the security team who said they had the item and would be happy to ship it back to us overnight. I had the jacket in hand the next day.

It's that kind of service -- above and beyond -- that truly sets an average hotel apart from a great hotel. Kudos to your staff and security team for taking the time to help us out and demonstrating a high level of commitment to customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dan H, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with the members of TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our hotel on leisure as opposed to on business. Many of our guests stay with us during the weddings of friends or family and it is great to hear that your fiancé’s jacket was returned so promptly. Thank you again for choosing our hotel during your visit to Lancaster and we hope to see you again in the future.
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard for one night during a trip to Lancaster. The hotel is recently updated and the room was very spacious. That said ... traveling with my mother and son, we had 2 queen beds but the hotel would not allow a fold up bed to be used in the room (so we could each have our own). The room was HUGE and had plenty of room, so I have no idea why, but it was a disappointment. The hotel is very convenient to the highway and local attractions and the free wireless internet was a great benefit!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear TheSnus, Thank you for sharing your review with the members of TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotels convenient location and the availability of free high-speed wireless internet. I unfortunately am not aware of the details as to why the rollaway bed was not able to be delivered, but I do apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. Our hotel’s lobby was renovated in April of this year and we plan on updating the guest rooms beginning on December the 10th. We look forward to having the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future while visiting Lancaster and appreciate your business.
CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am a marriot gold member and I was underwhelmed by the courtyard in Lancaster. The hotel advertises that it has been upgraded, but I was not in an upgraded room. The curtain was torn, the bed lumpy. Being a gold member has no benefits in this hotel other than a free drink at the bar (only 1, no matter how long you stay). I also found this hotel priced more that other similar hotels in the area.

Room Tip: ask for a remodelled room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear birdieca, Thank you for sharing your feedback with the members of TripAdvisor. Achieving Marriott Rewards Gold status is not an easy accomplishment and represents many nights spent in Marriott’s hotels. Those experiences have built a level of expectations that we unfortunately failed to meet on your recent stay. Our hotel is only 7 years old, but has completed the Bistro lobby renovation in April of this year and we start to update the rooms on December the 10th. The complimentary drink coupons are not a Courtyard standard, but something we give to our Gold and Platinum members as a thank you for staying with us. I am confident that if we have the opportunity to accommodate you again and regain your trust, you will have an experience that meets the high expectations you have become accustomed to while staying at a Marriott. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we will hopefully see you again in the future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was one of the more upgraded Courtyards that I've stayed in, and I was impressed with the hotels updated features, cleanliness and all around comfort. It's in a blah corporate park, but it's right off the highway and convenient by car to various sights. Bonus points to the cafe, where the egg mcmuffin type sandwich was shockingly good. I would absolutely go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Lancaster? Share your experiences!