“VERY GOOD SALAD BAR” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 510 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
“VERY GOOD SALAD BAR”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Very good Ruby Tuesday. You can almost always get a table. Unlike the always crazy nearby Olive Garden. Ruby Tuesday has a great salad bar and great drinks

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Not very good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

My wife was in the mood for a margarita and a light dinner. So we ended up at Ruby Tuesday - my daughter had the buffalo chicken minis with the salad bar and my wife had fish tacos with the salad bar. I had a po boy flat bread. The salad bar was pretty mediocre and the rest of the food was just really salty and unhealthy. Nothing tasted horrible, but nothing was good enough to ever order again. We are not opposed to unhealthy once in awhile if it tastes great but . . . this was all just so-so as was the margarita.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Narvon Pa
“Stay with the Burger and Fries”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

5/14/14 This restaurant is located in the mall outlet area at Route 30 and 896 next to an Olive Garden. They are never so busy that you really have to call ahead but here it is anyway. 717-295-1456 I was shopping close by and had a coupon which is why I ate there today. Usually once a year is enough. Food quality is never very consistent. One item can be very good and the next not so good so stay with the burgers and fries. They seem never to mess them up.

Today my wife had the Turkey Burger with avocado and fries ($9.49) and the salad bar ($2.99 extra). She said that it was really good. I got the French Quarter Gumbo at 12.49. It comes with two sides or one side and salad bar. The first side is rice pilaf in the gumbo. I though gumbo had something in it. Oh yes, it is supposed to have chicken, sausage and shrimp. I got the chicken and sausage but no shrimp. Wondered why they listed it in the seafood section? Sent it back and came out with 6 broiled shrimp sitting on top. I did have the salad bar which is limited but good enough when stocked. They have some potatoes on the bar which I thought could have been potato salad but tasted more like left over baked potatoes from the night before. Had to wait while I watched my wife and wondered why I didn't get a burger. Their forte is not seafood so skip that section of the menu. The manager offered a free dessert if I wanted it; no other remuneration. Chose not to take it as I don't usually do desserts. There are plenty of equally reasonable and better restaurants in the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Had lunch here recently. I had an appetizer and the salad bar. Everything on the salad bar was fresh and kept very cold. There was a nice assortment of greens and veggies, plus ham, shredded cheese, macaroni salad and a very nice apple salad. Many dressings and yummy croutons.

My friend had a turkey burger, which she said was very tasty. We didn't have dessert, but we did have coffee, which was good.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, PA
“Eat..... but don't drink”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I would put the food in the "acceptable" category. I was served a crab cake that was prepared and served with the same type of care that my children used to demonstrate when they were creating a new meal with their silly putty. The salad bar is pretty good, but other than that, the food was unimaginative, and bland.

This place charges an "up charge" for their drinks. I don't know what corporate executive decided that this was an acceptable way to gough customers, but I hope they have moved on to other things,like managing a Starbucks.
The restaurant also needs to train their bar tenders a lot better. They seem to be unfamiliar with any "out of the ordinary" drinks.

The wine,by the glass, selections were carefully chosen...probably by same guy who institued the "up charge". I thought Isaw traces of grapes skins on the feet of our waiter.

Bottom line....if this is a special occassion..go somewhere else.

• Visited February 2014