“Delightful experience” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Campbellford, Canada
“Delightful experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Our waitress was extremely helpful with our menu choices and non of us were disappointed. The food was genuinely Mexican, even the sodas. Seating is limited but it did feel crowded. Would recommend and return myself if I'm back in Lancaster.

Visited August 2013

Ambler, PA
“My favorite Mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I can start by saying that this is my favorite Mexican restaurant, and I go here everytime I'm in Lancaster. Their enchiladas verdes are excellent--made with quality chicken in a craveable green salsa. Their tamales are also top notch! The tamales are only served on certain weeks: 2nd week of the month for Chicken and Pork, 3rd week for veggie and sweet dessert tamales. On top of dinner, I always get tamales to take home so that I can greedily chow down on them later. Nachos and tacos are great too. I love the unique fish tacos. Our food usually comes out very fast, and prices are good.

Having said all this, there's things you should know before going: 1) Try to go on a week night or early in the day. It IS a very small restaurant, and they could usually use at least one more server at any given time. 2) Service (refilling water, bringing check, etc) is a little slow, often for the above reason. Don't be afraid to grab the waiter/waitress to ask for what you want. 3) You can't really compare their food to chain mexican restaurants, which are usually tex-mex with more tex than anything. Try any of the foods I listed above and I guarantee you'll be glad you went.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Top Mexican food in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I don't have one bad thing to say about this restaurant. They serve amazing food and everyone who works there is always in the best of moods. I eat there at least once a week! I highly recommend you try this little restaurant because I know you won't be disappointed! Enjoy!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Friedens, Pennsylvania, United States
“small and overwhelmed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

While in Lancaster for a conference we had supper at this restaurant, the food was fairly good, but not outstanding. The staff were helpful, but the restaurant is very small and they seemed very overwhelmed by the crowds from the conference that all descended on them at mealtimes (our breaks).

Visited October 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“So beyond terrible. The worst restaurant in Lancaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Not only was the service terrible it came with attitude The food was Luke warm to cold and when we complained we were told what do you want us to do about it. Shrimp enchilada were made with canned shrimp and so tiny Smaller than a dime. Don't ask for chips and salsa they don't have it. Truly one of the worst restaurants on the east coast. Rated as a 1 because I could not rate a zero.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere