“Busy on weekend, good service and food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Maryland USA
“Busy on weekend, good service and food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My son wanted to celebrate his birthday with some hibachi. It was only the two of us and when calling Saturday AM for reservations we were told 5:00PM or 7:30PM. Not surprising and understandable. Seated promptly at 5:00PM and there are two areas with grills and a total of about 15 in total. At that early hour it was quiet and not packed but I imagine it can get loud in either room. Service was prompt and good. Our waiter wanted to please. Our chef did the hibachi show thing, although being a Saturday night, it seemed to lack creativity and the usual toss the shrimp in your mouth activity. Food was good and plentiful and we enjoyed ourselves. Next time will try during the week just to see how things are on a slower evening.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York
“Every visit to the Lancaster area must include a meal here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

While this might be a typical teppanyaki restaurant, we have been here on every trip to Lancaster. Make a reservation they get very crowded. The food is good and it's always fun to have tappanyaki.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“"SUSHI," said She!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Who says you can't have delicious, fresh sushi without being seaside? My number go-to for that sushi craving (those who know, know!) is Ichiban. Always friendly and courteous, the newly designed Sushi Lounge provides even more seating for those not coming for the celebrated hibachi.

So saddle on up to the sushi bar and watch seasoned sushi-master Jay whip up an incredible speciality roll just for you, raw or cooked. Great portions with prices that can't be beat, and friendly humor to boot! Tell Jay Amy sent you!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Flushing, New York
“Style and substance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We sat with a bunch of people we didn't know which was a bit uncomfortable at first. Then the show started and we were so busy watching the chef and laughing that we forgot about the other people. The food is not great but, really good.

Visited August 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Try the yummy sauce!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My friend and I go here at least once a year, usually to celebrate her birthday. They have good food and the hibachi chefs are always friendly. I love the lighter colored sauce, I think it's chicken based, but the first time I went there my chef called it "yummy sauce" so that's what I call it haha It tastes very good mixed with the fried rice. I'm drooling just thinking about it!! It's a little expensive, but you're getting dinner and a show so it's worth it. Overall, I give this place a 4 because the food and service are good, but it's a little expensive.

• Visited March 2012