“Great Soup, Great sandwiches, Great Deli !” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #169 of 510 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Great Soup, Great sandwiches, Great Deli !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I discovered this Lancaster, PA based deli 20 years ago. Ever since, we have eaten here whenever we get a yen for a good bowl of soup, and a delicious sandwich.

For years, it required a 50 mile trip to visit the closest location, Lancaster. However, about 10 years ago, they opened a location in Exton/Lionville, PA which is only 15 minutes away from our home..

In addition to their extensive soup menu, Isaac's offers a special soup of the day, almost always a unique soup to die for. During the summer local growing season they feature a daily soup...Creamy Corn Soup. This soup is clearly our favorite.

Also offered are a myriad of flavorful sandwiches, for example, French Bread, Pretzel, Reubens, Clubs, Flatbreads and Wraps. Many of their sandwiches come with delicious special sauces, such as, Kay's Sauce and Ikey's Sauce. Also available are the more traditional Thousand Island and Ranch Dressings.

My favorite is the "Rose of Sharon." It is a Pretzel sandwich with Sliced Portobello Mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, onions, spinach, with melted Provolone Cheese and their special Honey Dijon dressing. My wife's choice is the "Salty Eagle." It too, is a Pretzel Sandwich with grilled ham, swiss cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and mustard.

Also on the menu, are Deli Salads, and Fresh Green Salads.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ocean View, Delaware
“Best Chicken Salad!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We have always made sure that we have lunch at Isaac's and I always get the Shrike chicken salad sandwich, it's one of my all time favorites. My wife loves going here for the pickle appetizer they serve prior to the meal. Where else would you get a pickle appetizer but in German country?
Would highly recommend the Isaac chain and especially their soups.

Visited January 2013
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
“Good place for sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Large selection of "gourmet" sandwiches. Pleasant eateries. Seems to be a large chain in the central PA area. A bit overpriced.

Visited December 2012
Landisville
“Nice Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is a nice place but I do not feel it is anything special. If my family wants to go, I do not mind, it just is not my favorite. The food is fine. The kids, I see in the restaurant, seem to enjoy themselves.
I do like the fish tank.

Visited February 2012
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“The sandwiches are NOT for the birds :p”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have eaten at the Ephrata Location many times - always good. Consistant and tasty. I almost always order the Larkspur (don't wrinkle up your nose to sprouts and spinach before you taste it). The pickle mix is wonderful at the beginning and I love the Chocolate Lovin Spoon Cake!

I will say the sandwiches are a bit pricey - I often donate at the local blood bank and grab a BOGO coupon for donating (a win- win). Sandwiches range from $7 to $12 roughly.

Overall a great place to grab a sandwich with a friend for lunch or something!

• Visited September 2012