“One of Lancaster's Best” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Belvedere Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 510 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E Lemon St.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“One of Lancaster's Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Belvedere Inn is a restaurant I don't frequent as much as I'd like. The food and service are simply superb. On this evening my dining companion and I did not have reservations. Not a huge risk for a Tuesday...but don't try this later in the week or weekends. You're likely to wait a while. We were shown to a table immediately. Our waitress was friendly and casual, That's how I would describe this place, upscale casual. Our drinks were delivered by a bar staff member. I like that. When it's ready, it's delivered. (The same for the entree service...by a kitchen staff member.) We shared the crab dip ($10). It was fine. I really couldn't taste the Gouda...too mild. Perhaps Gruyere would have been a better choice. My friend's entrée was the pan-seared salmon ($25). It looked beautiful on the plate. I opted for the venison loin ($29). After all, how often do you see THAT on a menu? It was a single piece, about the size of a small fillet, marinated, grilled then sliced. I ordered rare, and that's what I got. You could taste the marinade which added a nice compliment to the venison's own taste. I highly recommend this dish!. We had dessert (a rarity for me). She, the crème brûlée. It looked as it should and she said it was wonderful. Me, the chocolate-peanut butter parfait. It was several layers or rich chocolate mousse and a creamy peanut butter creme. (Hate to think of the butterfat content!)
At least for this visit to The Belvedere, it was nothing short of superb.

• Visited April 2013

Lancaster, PA
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a perfect place for an intimate, exceptional and delicious evening. The food was fantastic - you can never go wrong with the grilled Caesar salad they are known for. Reservations were easily made with opentable.com!

Visited March 2013
Pennsylvania
“Wonderful, Intimate Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We tried the Belvedere Inn during restaurant week in Lancaster recently and really liked it. The food (shrimp scampi and their famous grilled caesar salad) was excellent. Highly recommended for a romantic couple's evening.

• Visited March 2013
York, Pennsylvania
“Never Disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Belvedere is a go-to choice for us when we want to meet friends 1/2 way between their home and ours. The grilled caesar salad and pork potstickers are some favorites of ours, but my hubby always gets oysters when available. The portions are more than adequate and they always have a multitude of choices plus specials. If you decide to google the current menu, don't be surprised if it is different when you arrive as there is more than one link to The Belvedere.

• Visited February 2013
Havertown, pennsylvania, USA
“Good, not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went for dinner last night with my wife and a friend. The highlights: building, service, dessert. The food was good, but not quite as good as I had expected from the reviews. The portions are a bit smaller than I would have expected for the prices. The salads were kind of small and the vinaigrette they used was a bit salty. The main dishes were good, properly cooked and prepared.Our expectations were probably too high due to past reviews, though reading in more detail, some were similar to this one.

As other reviewers noted, it does get a bit noisy. Service was good, attentive but not pushy. Dessert was excellent.

I would probably go back here, though it was not the best place I have eaten in Lancaster area. On street parking about a block away was pretty easy to find.

• Visited February 2013