“A HIDDEN GEM IN LANCASTER!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lancaster, PA, USA
“A HIDDEN GEM IN LANCASTER!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

This is an excellent Indian Restaurant right in the heart of Lancaster. The quality of the food, service and the ambience are nothing short of excellent. I have been there twice already and am going back there again!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

York, PA
“Fabulous food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Decorated lovely for the holidays, we were a party of three enjoying the genuine graciousness of the owner and staff. They made us feel special. We ordered fish curry, lamb rogan josht, eggplant, nan, and veggy pakoras. We BYOB, and they had it poured and literally doted on us. So nice and the tab was reasonable. If you haven't been, they also do a buffet on Weds nights. Great place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Lamb and goat curry, mango lassas, lamb naan. All exceptional and reasonably priced. We had to wait but now I know why. Would go back in a heat beat. I loved the food in Nepal, I liked this even better.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Good value and food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Let me start by saying I LOVE Indian food. I have been eating it for over 20 years and in most cities I visit it's one of the things I look for- where's the closest Indian place? So I have eaten in many. The Himalayan is cozy and warm! both from the staff and atmosphere. The menu is varied with options for anyone. It's also nice to see a specifically Nepalese menu with new interesting choices for me to try. : ) I have eaten here 3 times and have had good to very good food each visit.
I know several friends who've happily eaten here too so could certainly recommend. However, I must throw in that if you are in Lancaster area! and don't mind driving rather than a walking destination in town! got to Taj Mahal. Manish and his staff are the #1 always in my heart and their food is consistently the best though price point is slightly higher than Himalayan where most all entrees are under $10.
Couple other points- call ahead for seating reservations though you may not be able to make firm ones. They are always busy which is likely a result of their overall small size (and good food). You can also call for take-out. Though they don't have a website they do have a FB page. Parking would be in parking garage or in other paid parking lot within a block walking distance. BYOB saves $$ and no corkage fee from what I remember.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“What a jewel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

They took the ugliest little poorly laid out deli and turned it into an adorable little jewelbox if not a tiny bit too crowded. This place has a waiting list almost every night of the week, I once you've been here you'll understand why. The food is consistently excellent. The staff is the most attractive polite attentive staff. The prices are reasonable. This is authentic Himalayan food. The owners are from Bhutan.