“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
north carolina
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Wanda and I were very pleased. It was like we were with family. Scott and Diane made our stay amazing. Our room was perfect and the bed was so soft. Breakfast was a treat and always excellent. The pond and flowers were so pretty. Thanks for allowing us to share your home.

Room Tip: We had the Witmer room and it was perfect.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
DianeandScott, Owner at EJ Bowman House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you very much for the review. On the same hand we must review you and say we enjoyed all the laughter you brought to the house. You certainly were missed when you left, not just by us, but by the other guests as well. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My daughter and I were celebrating her birthday and needed a room with 2 beds. After a LONG search, we were directed to EJ Bowman House by another inn keeper. What a favor they did us. The house and yard are beautiful! Our room was a little small, but cozy and had the most comfortable beds ever!! It was spotlessly clean, and had all the comforts we could want. Before we went to our rooms we were invited by Scott to come sit in the living room and chat for at least an hour just as if we were special guests. Not long after we sat down, Diane joined us. They were both interested in getting to know us, and made us feel so at home. I've never had any inn keepers do that upon arrival. It was quite lovely. They were both full of information and suggestions for restaurants, which led us to one of the best meals I've ever had in my life at JJ Jeffries. I have Celiac's and this was the perfect place with organic food and almost all gluten-free. Diane was very accommodating when it came time for breakfast, making sure I didn't miss out on the good food she was serving by making my special French Toast with gluten-free bread. Everything was delicious!! Loved the Pavlova!! YUM!!! All-in-all, it was a wonderful experience and I have nothing negative to say at all. They are delightful people, relaxed and personable, and run a first-class inn!! Thank you Scott and Diane for a great visit!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Your review is quite kind, and for that we thank you! You both were very easy to talk with, so time does fly by as we check some guests in. Our only hope is that you can someday come back and spend more time with us. Thanks again.
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one day and Scott and Diane were wonderful. They were lovely individuals and were so helpful with lunch/dinner dining suggestions and providing the covered bridges tour even before we arrived. I will definitely return as our stay was much too short.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review. We also wish we could have gotten to know a little more about you, but we are glad that our help via email made your trip more enjoyable. Looking forward to that return visit!
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Scott & Diane were perfect hosts for my wife and me. Made us feel at home in the many public rooms of this beautifully restored 19th century home & garden. Breakfasts - hot foods plus sweets - were great (we gained weight). Snacks & drinks around the clock were more than we could keep up with. Hosts were always available, and helped us in planning our visit and dinners out. They've even developed their own detailed driving tour of covered bridges and Amish country - easy to follow. Home was immaculate - everything works. There's some street noise during rush hour, but it didn't affect our sleep, and we're used to total silence.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
DianeandScott, Owner at EJ Bowman House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for a wonderful review. We appreciate the fact that you mentioned us being along the street, and that even though you are used to quiet you slept well. It was a review that we feel well represents who we are and what the E J Bowman House is about, and we hope that it brings us many more guests. Thanks again!
Cornwall, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband & I stayed in the lovely EJ Bowman house for 3 nites., Sunday thru Wednesday. We have been to many B&B's throughout New England & south & I must say, this was one of the nicest. Diane & Scott showed spectacular hospitality & warmth., I truly felt at home. Diane cooked up wonderful breakfast every morning at whatever time we pretty much requested. They were delicious & plentiful ......... The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable & the entire inn was tastefully decorated with extra special attention to details. It really is the little things that make the difference. Our room, The Witmer, was supplied with all the amenities from home, including the basics., an alarm clock, CD player, hair dryer, etc but in addition, everything from a freshly laundered robe to a sewing kit. It was just wonderful. The kitchen was stocked with goodies including chips, cookies, chocolates, a selection of sodas, tea & coffee around the clock. The garden was inviting, relaxing & peaceful. Spacious, well manicured & the Koys are well taken care of. I was proud to be a part of this experience. Diane & Scott were great hosts .......they were very knowledegable of the area & suggested activities as well as all the right places to eat. I cant wait to return in the fall. Thank you again for a much needed vacation & a break from reality. Toni Gallagher., Cornwall on Hudson, NY

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
DianeandScott, Owner at EJ Bowman House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for the kind review. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us, and we do look forward to your fall return. We are also grateful for ranking us up there as one of the best B & B's you have stayed in, not only makes us proud, but lets us know that we are doing things right for our guests. Until the fall......
Woodbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This past weekend I stayed at the EJ Bowman House Bed & Breakfast with my boyfriend Andrew. We decided to take a trip to visit Lancaster, Pennsylvania and enjoy a nice weekend away from everyday stress. I’m so glad we went. This was my first experience in a bed and breakfast, and my experience here has made me a lover of them. Scott and Diane are wonderful proprietors of this historic bed and breakfast. From the moment you ring the doorbell to check in, they are extremely friendly and welcoming making you feel comfortable and right at home.

The house is a gorgeous historic home that has lovely details in the painted ceilings, molding, painted murals depicting the seasons on the walls (in the entry way and going up the stairs), charming stoves that look original to the house, and more. The rooms are quite spacious and beautifully decorated. We stayed in the Hauck room which was my favorite among the photos I saw on their website before booking our stay. It was a nice sized room with space for numerous sitting chairs, a dresser, a small desk, and a really comfortable queen sized bed. We had our own private bathroom which was a huge plus. I really enjoyed the goat’s milk soap that they offered, so much so I bought a bundle pack from their little gift shop. In the back of the house there was a beautiful garden with a koi pond, tables and chairs, and a nice little swing where you could enjoy yourself at any time of day.

Breakfast was served to us at 9AM each morning of our stay and I can’t believe how spoiled I was with delicious, homemade food. Everything was fantastic!!! Everyone who stayed got to eat together and make new friends. And it was a pleasure to have Scott and Diane sit with us and chat in the morning, cracking jokes, and even helping plan what to do for the day. Those two are the best. They offered great places to eat; I loved their recommendation for the Appalachian Brewing Company in nearby Lititz, rated America’s best small town. They even recommended a great antique shop, Burning Bridges which is maybe a 20 minute drive or less from the house. Both of them were extremely attentive, considerate, and helpful during our stay. They have a nice visitor’s center right off the dining room with tons of pamphlets, flyers, and information of things to do while you’re visiting. Even in our rooms there was a list of events that Scott had printed out for suggestions on events and fun things to do.

I would rate this fine establishment a 20 out of 10 because of the convenient location (it’s located near Lititz, Bird-in-Hand, Columbia, and Intercourse, Pennsylvania – all great places to check out while visiting EJ Bowman House!), the beautiful rooms & history of the house, the delicious homemade food, and because of the owners. Scott and Diane, you’re helpfulness and welcoming personalities made my first bed and breakfast stay a treat! Thank you for your kindness and hospitality, I cannot wait to visit again and tell even more people about how awesome this place is.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms seem great, they have multiple photos of each room on their website in addition to...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
DianeandScott, Owner at EJ Bowman House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you so much for the elaborate review! I don't know what to offer future guests that you haven't covered. We really enjoyed having you both as our guests, and we do look forward to the day that you return. Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to stay and have breakfast, but the best reason to go here is the help that Scott and Diane give in seeing Amish country. The main roads in Lancaster area look like every other place in America with chain restaurants and strip malls. You have to get on to the back roads to see the beauty. Scott has put together an auto tour that takes you into rolling hills, beautiful farms, covered bridges and the Amish. Also, Scott arranged for us to have dinner at an Amish farm that could not have been more informative and comfortable. These two things ended up being the highlights of our trip and we hadn't planned on either.

The Bowman House is in an old Victorian style. It is well appointed and has a large garden for enjoying coffee in the morning or reading a book in the evening. Our breakfasts were ample and elegant. Scott and Diane could not have been more pleasant or helpful. This is a really good place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
DianeandScott, Owner at EJ Bowman House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you so much for the review. You came a long way to see Amish country, and we are so glad that we could direct you into areas that you wouldn't normally have found. Also makes us happy that you enjoyed the gardens, and as you said, they're a great place for morning coffee or evening leisure. Thanks again!

Been to EJ Bowman House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!