“Girlscout visit” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre is a year-round entertainment facility that performs eight mainstage musicals and four childrens productions each year as well as hosts several tribute concerts. Our theatre seats 370 and we offer a full all you can eat buffet before each show. The buffet menu changes with each show and can be found on our website. There is also a Gift Shop and Art Gallery within the building. We offer special rates for groups of 16 or more and offer special discounts and perks for season subscribers. Let us cater your next special occasion in our Encore Room!
Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
“Girlscout visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Came to see a show with our girlscout troop. My girls had a great time, loved the show and the food!

Visited February 2012

Syracuse, New York
“Enjoyable Christmas Show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

A talented cast with outstanding musical voices. The buffet was better than average. Great desserts!

Visited December 2012
Lancaster
“Swingin Christmas was not up to standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We love the shows at Dutch Apple but did not enjoy this years Christmas show, " Swingin Christmas. There was no story line and it was just not up to the standard of the shows we've come to expect !!! We also wish they would get a new chef as the food is average at best. Some shows the food is just uneatable . So please consider having better food because we usually enjoy coming but if the food and shows are like this one we won't bother. But most of the time the Dutch Apple puts on wonderful shows and do a superb job. We also hope the shows don't start to get immoral as so many do !!!!

Visited December 2012
Martinsburg, WV
12 attraction reviews
“Good food, average show.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have been to the Dutch Apple before, I believe twice, and have really enjoyed the shows. The food, in my opinion, has always been good. There is a full salad bar, hot bar and LOTS of wonderful desserts. This time around, the food was good, but the show was average. The show started out really slow with a skit and song about Elfs. The rest of the first act was ok. After intermission, the second act was more enjoyable. Elvis Santa was hillarious and O Holy Night was one of the best renditions I've heard. Overall, it was a good show, just not great. I will most likely be back.

Visited November 2012
Mardela Springs, Maryland
40 attraction reviews
“It's nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Well, I went to Dutch Apple Theater simply because it was something I thought my 70 year old mother would enjoy. We saw "A Swinging Christmas". Honestly it was nothing special. The food was bland buffet food. The show was also bland - the bits with Mr. and Mrs. Clause were almost right down boring and the acting was kind of a joke. The dancing and singing bits were much better and that the only reason I gave this 3 stars. I think older folks would enjoy this and maybe small children, but in my opinion you can get much better food elsewhere in Lancaster and you get a better show at Sights and Sounds. Save your money.