“Very Nice Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Circle M RV & Camping Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
Circle M RV & Camping Resort
You added Circle M RV & Camping Resort to your Saves list
2111 Millersville Road, Lancaster, PA 17603   |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very Nice Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Went with some friends for a weekend getaway. We got the 6 person trailer. We had a really nice weekend! The trailer has a full kitchen, 2 full bathrooms, 2 separate bedrooms and a pullout couch. There was also a deck and a grill and fire pit. The trailer was clean, but we did see a few stink bugs, but I know they are a problem everywhere, even in my own house. We went to the pool which was nice and there are lots of activities going on that we could have participated in. The campground is more like a trailer park, not very wooded, but we went knowing this. Overall it was a great trip, and perfect for a bunch of late 20 something friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

From reading the reviews the first thing that came to mind was do not camp here! I am glad that my childhood memories of Circle M out ruled the reviews I read.online. Was it a five star resort, not by any means, but the camp sites for tents were well kept. The grass was mowed and there were picnic tables and fire rings at all the sites we looked at. We tented down by the river and it was nice. We had a family for neighbors and an empty spot on the other side. There were some loud campers only until around 11pm and then the noise quieted down. The bathrooms were cleaned every morning and my daughter and I seemed to catch it right after it was done. We only had one issue and as soon as I mentioned it to the girl at the trading post it was cleaned within the hour. The person who checked us in was friendly and helpful and offered any assistance that we may need. My family and I enjoyed playing mini golf and shuffleboard and even a bit of ping pong. The mini golf was clean and maintained but an older version. The game room was clean and had air hockey, ping pong, and pool, in addition to some video games. You can also check out board games and sports equipment. The outdoor pool was clean and not very many people swimming at all. The waterpark and indoor pool was packed. The waterpark was clean with staff on duty, however the indoor pool was a bit dirty. The smell of chlorine was not bothersome as some have mentioned. We camped from Aug 16-19 and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Well little has changed and thats not a good thing, I am all for nostalgia however upgrading the park should be done first. The reviewers have all the same complaint about the day visitors and that is surely the case, I watched 3 cars pull in with day passes with 10 plus people each. The management surely does not seem to care in the least about comments, since these same comments have been made for years!! The pools are always packed and unusable, and the indoor pools just about burns your eyes out with the over whelming odor of chlorine. Good luck.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Well we went for our long trip to circle m july 12 to july 21. I thought a follow up was in order. When we went in may it was a very different place with a lot of potential for a great longer stay during the "season". Big mistake. The campground seems to serve a different type of client in the summer season. "RIFF RAFF" is neing nice. We were there during the heat wave and everyday the pools were being closed. My children walked to the indoor pool (in 93 degrees) after being told by a staff member that the pump to the water park was broken but the slide was open..to be turned away when the doors were locked and no staff member was available and no sign was posted. Apparently the lifeguard called in sick and noone communicated the fact to anyone else. The lifeguard was probably sick from working at circle m. Everyday the pool was being closed because of vomit or feces in the pools or waterpark. My oldest daughter would not swim because she kept getting tangled in hair throughout the pool. We stopped using the showers because they would flood and you would be standing in puddles up to your ankles while trying to shower. ( they were receptive to my complaints and tried to snake the drains promptly but it didnt seem to work). Other than that the bathhouses were moderately less than desireable. The planned activities were unorganized. They were supposed to have a scavenger hunt but when we asked more than 5 staff members they were unaware. When my family arrived at the appropriate time they were handed a list that i had actually printed from pinterest and told "do it when you want" .
Really? Then why put it on the activity calendar?. The sports equipment was not in good shape and the chip and putt course was unkept. We actually resorted to saying if your ball got to the "green" it was considered in. The greens were so unkept that you physically could not putt the ball..it wouldnt move. I had to jump the fence to leave the course because the bees were sooo rampid by the exit i couldnt get by (i am allergic). I told an employee about the swarm and she explained they had tried to get rid of them but cant. Ummm...do they know how to spell exterminator? We were able to find a sight up top when we arrived. The next evening someone came in at 11pm and started setting up 3 tents at the site next to us. They had their headlights shined in my window for an hour. They left sunday at 8 pm with their pick up truck overflowing with all of their belongings wrapped in black trash bags and their fans, crock pot and refrigerator tied to the pick up with a rope. We took walks down by river. Wow..the sights we saw. There was actually someone with an airconditioner hooked to the tent. Clothes sprawled everywhere people changing kids out in the open areas food scattered everywhere and anything else you can imagine. Someone even brought their chickens camping with them. They also seemed to host parties and have MANY non members come in on day passes. I know that i joined thousand trails because of members only . It seeems the people without memberships are better served. I really believe that there is so much potential and fun to be had at this campground but they just need to get proper staffing and more upkeep. I dont think as campers we are looking for a 5 star resort..but a clean quiet and friendly campground is always nice. It is very pretty on the way in and some of the staff is exceptionally nice. Unfortunately on this trip the bad outweighed the good.

• Stayed July 2013
Manheim
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went camping here for 10 daysover the 4th of July,We enjoyed it, Had one of the few nice sites, But I was told not to come here because of Lancaster City Folks. City folks Come here and ruin it for us members. I have a relative who is a cop nearby and he said the Police Department that handles this area are always at Circle M dealing with complaints.
We had a nice time, but we did hear of a bike being stolen, many other items stolen and a lot of criminal mischief.
Most the sites are real small for the big Rv's. We had a nice time, we put everything away, so we didn't have anything stolen, our dog barked in the middle of night, I thought I heard someone trying to get in, I heard they entered cars and Rv's over the weekend.
Circle M needs more security or keep the city trouble makers away!
This is a memebership park, let the members enjoy it. I don't think they are the ones causing the problems. To many rental cabins being rented to trouble makers.

Room Tip: Go during week, gets real full on weekends
Front Royal, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hole place was disgusting the pool had more hair floating in it than I have on my head, kiddie pool broke, water park was down said pump had gone bad, bees flying around playground afraid to use, rv storage greets you as you go in looked like a place for rvs to die, grass tall no weed eating, putt putt golf was not usable, soda machines not working, seemed everything was in disrepair. Truly not a good place was afraid of catching something while we were there. Everyone calls it a ghetto I've seen ghettos better taken care of. Please listen and stay away from this dive, it is purely nasty. The owners should be ashamed of themselves accepting people's hard earned money and offering them a place to stay that looks like circle m. Would rather stayed in an Amish barn full of poo!!!

Moorestown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We went camping here this past weekend for a few days. As I do agree to some of the bad reviews listed here... a few things were ok though.We checked in at the office and said we booked a cabin the lady gave our keys to us and showed us were "our Cabin " was on the map we found it and it was a TRAILER. I went back up to the office and said I believed there was a mistake she said it is a cabin . Mind you I wouldn't of cared if I would of known when booking that but nothing was said until we drove down to it and there we seen what we paid for. Now, When you drive past the gate coming down into the camp ground its really kept up nice. then you get to the pool's ,store, arcade basketball court , mini golf , tennis court(someone said they dont have a net up ...they do) and golf course(chip and putt)all.this area is decent. It was very hot so we didn't go to the outside pool but, went to the inside pool and water park...,OMGosh they had SO much chlorine in the pools your eyes burnt and you had tear's falling down your face my son also started coughing a lot. I asked why so much chlorine and the guard said because a lot of people use it and they have to keep up on the "issues" that may arise...hmmm . They also said that the circulation unit was broke for the last 5 years so the chlorine was sitting in the air also...REALLY YOU CANT GET THAT FIXED WITH -IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME???????...next after you pass the store ect you get a total eye sore of parked RV's ect sitting in tall weed's(it looks horrible!) then behind all that you come to all the camp site's..All as I can say is that I've seen better. The kids could not go on the play ground because there was hundreds of bee's flying around the sand area. We went and made the best of it... The lawn at the back door of the "cabin was very long and there was many cig butt's in 1 section of the lawn... would we go back probably not.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Circle M RV & Camping Resort? Share your experiences!