“Awesome for Couples Retreat” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
Allentown, PA
“Awesome for Couples Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2007

We have used this hotel for the past two years for our annual Married Couples Retreat and have loved it each time. We have been able to use the Conference Room for our worshops and conferences. The continental breakfast is great, especially the fresh made waffles.

In 2006 we had 15 couples, this year we 25 couples and many would love to return. Some of the couples are now planning to bring their children for a family getaway in May or June of this year. The location is right at the Rockvale Outlets, make sure you bring your wallet!!!

The staff is friendly, the General Manager is very accomodating to our needs.

We would reccommend this hotel to any church group and/or family who wants to get away. There is plenty to eat and do in Lancaster, PA.

Mt. Sinai Church
Allentown, PA

Stayed February 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
WILLIAMSTOWN, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2006

Stayed here 12/9/06 for Christmas show at American Music Theatre(great show) and shopping. Hotel was clean, beds were average and breakfast was above average (hotel personnel was actually making the waffles with fruit & whipcream for guests). This is a great location. We will definitely stay here on our next trip in the spring.

Stayed December 2006
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2006

They only had smoking rooms which I knew prior to checking in but this was the worst smelling smoking room ever. My mother said "we'll get used to it though." The smell actually was waking me up at night. And I'm a smoker (I never smoke indoors however).

Check in was a 3 but the rooms were not ready until almost 4. I asked if we can check out at 12 instead of 11 to make up for the lost hour but they said no.

Great location, great breakfast, and the room was clean despite the smoke smell.

Stayed August 2006
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2006

I booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express in the Rockvale Outlets. I was trying to get a room at the Country Inn & Suites located directly across the street from Dutch Wonderland but I could not get a room. The staff at the Holiday Inn were extremely friendly. The room was ok. The beds were ok. The rug in the room must have been old and stretched out. There were bumps in the carpet all over. The room had a medium size refrig and a small microwave. The hotel served breakfast in the morning. It was a good selection. There were 4 types of cold cereal. They had 2 waffle makers. Coffee, juice, bagels, danish and the famous cinnamon rolls were also available. The pool was a nice size with plenty of chairs, tables and lounge chairs. Towels were available by the pool but they were hard to locate. The were in a rubbermaid container in the corner of the pool area. The rooms on first floor around the pool area had doors from the rooms directly to the pool area. We enjoyed ourselves there. We went to Dutch Wonderland on Friday night and Saturday. On Sunday, we went to the outlets. You can walk to the outlets as long as you don't buy too much. I left 2 items behind at the hotel. A phone charger and a makeup tote. I called the hotel and they told me they located the tote and would send it to me. They asked my permission to charge my credit card for the cost. I thought they could have sent me the items without charging me.

Timonium, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2006

I spent one night in this hotel in July of 2006. It was in a convenient location and the people at the desk were very friendly but the basin in the bathroom was not clean. Someone had obviously dumped leftover coffee in it before I came and I could see toothpaste from the last person. Lovely. I was there only one night, only because I could not get a room that particular night in the bed and breakfast I wanted where I had booked for the next six nights. I would highly recommend my bed and breakfast, Homestead Lodging in Smoketown, on Route 896 which I reviewed separately on tripadvisor. It was much, much nicer and it was half the price of this hotel. Since I was at the Holiday Inn Express only one night and was leaving very early the next day, it wasn't worth the "ag" to complain but I was disappointed in the Holiday Inn Express for what I paid.

• Liked — It was close to where I needed to be the next morning
  • Disliked — the cleanliness of the room
  • Tips/Secrets — no
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

We stayed here over the Memorial Weekend Holiday. I could not get a room at my first choices because we booked last minute. This hotel had availability so we booked it. I was a little worried because of some of the bad reviews.

We had no problems with this hotel! Our room was clean, looked recently updated and really big! As a matter-of-fact, when we stay here again we are going to bring our own aero-bed so my girls don't have to share a bed. That's how big the room was! Free breakfast and it was pretty decent! They had a waffle station and there was a gentleman there who made the waffles and also kept the breakfast area well-stocked. He was wonderful!

This hotel is right on Route 30, but around the area where it starts to wind down. It is also adjacent to the Rockvale Outlets, so you can walk right over.

I would definitely not pass this one over. With our AAA rate we got an excellent value. My kids can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2006
Chesterfield, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2006

My parents, fiance, and I went to Pennsylvania for the Easter holiday. We were all very pleased with the hotel overall. The rooms were clean and a nice size.

However, beware if you like a bright, cheery room because the lighting isn't that great. The bathroom lighting was wonderful, but the room lighting itself was dim. If you're not spending a lot of time in your room though, this isn't a major problem. For us, it was only a slight inconvenience.

The continental breakfast was more than adequate. There wasn't any hot food (eggs, sausage, etc.), so don't expect that. However, there was plenty of cereal, bagels, bread, fruit, muffins, coffeecake, cinnamon buns, and even a waffle maker. Our personal favorite was the cinnamon buns.

Our major complaint happened shortly before we checked out. We went to breakfast fairly early the first morning, but the second morning we went a bit later. Breakfast ends at 9:30 (as we later found out), but thankfully we were there by about 9:15. There were other families though, that came in about 9:30-9:40. This one male employee started clearing things away (he actually stepped in front of one woman and literally took the food from her!) in a very rude manner. There were several guests who were surprised to come in and find most of the food gone, and when the employee was questioned, he again responded in a very rude way. It was fine that breakfast was over, but it was the manner in which the situation was handled. That man should not be working in public service!

Also, it is pretty standard for desk employees to inform guests upon arrival of breakfast hours and other pertinent information. At this hotel, we were never told this. There is also no sign or pamphlet in the room displaying such. There is only a single, small sign posted in the lobby before entering the breakfast area. The problem with this is that the majority of guests never see it due to the fact that you enter the breakfast area from a different part of the hotel.

Finally, the eating area is extremely small. Both mornings we found ourselves sitting on couches in the lobby because there were no tables available. There were many other guests who had the same problem.

Even though no one in my party specifically had a problem (since we were there in time to get our food and begin eating), just witnessing the one employee's actions was enough to leave a poor impression on all of us. We won't be staying at that hotel (or any Holiday Inn Express) again in the near future.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lancaster-Rockvale Outlets? Share your experiences!