“Great location....” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
“Great location....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

We traveled to Lancaster for a shopping excursion. This holiday inn was very clean and staff was very polite and courteous. It was also centrally located which was a plus also. Can't wait to go back and stay here again.....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LNSSW_Admin, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster-Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Hello Lisa T,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff polite and your room very clean. We can't wait for you to come back and stay, too!

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Peabody, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I was group leader for two bus loads of people. We booked 33 rooms for 2 nights.Even though we had informed them we would be arriving around 2pm, when we arrived at 3:30pm about 6 of the rooms were not ready. Not a big deal since check-in is officially 4pm. What was totally unacceptable was the treatment received by group members from the breakfast attendant, Minelys I believe was her name. I have never experienced such unprofessionalism at a hotel. She was publicly complaining about having to deal with such a large group and was rude to the guests. I don't believe it was our fault that they did not schedule additional help when they were expecting a large group. After we checked out, one of the members of the group stayed behind and she was talking about the group in front of that person. The person confronted her and told her she was rude and that our group will never stay there again. She did not even back down. It's too bad because we spent over $8,000.00 at this hotel and would have returned had it not been for her. I left a message for the manager over 5 days ago and still haven't heard back. Bottom line if you are considering this hotel for a group tour, look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2014
LNSSW_Admin, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster-Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Hello love2travel01960,

I hope this response finds you well. We have sent your feedback to the personnel concerned. I apologize for this bad experience. This is very disappointing to hear, but we hope you would give us another chance to make it up to you.

Thank you for your feedback.

Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

I traveled to Lancaster, PA from NC with a bus tour group of 45 people. I understand the tour company has used this hotel many, many times over the years. Unfortunately, this was the first time one of their tour groups arrived for check-in and the rooms were NOT ready! While the hotel knew our arrival time (after 3PM on Saturday), they had not adequately prepared. Only a handful of the rooms were cleaned and ready upon our arrived. After having traveled by bus all day we were overdue to freshen up before making our reservations for dinner and a stage play at Sight & Sound Theater. Unfortunately, we couldn't because the rooms hadn't been cleaned in time. We were finally able to check-in to our rooms after returning from the stage play around 9:30PM.

Our room was clean and adequate for our overnight stay. The hotel's breakfast was plentiful with multiple hot & cold options. The hotel was situated near shopping outlets and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback regarding your stay. I am very sorry that we did not meet expectations. As you know we do business with your company very often and we greatly appreciate the relationship that we have. I am truly sorry that we did not have your rooms ready for your arrival.

Cape May, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

This is a very well maintained hotel with friendly staff and a great breakfast included. Rooms were newer and clean. Beds very comfortable. As with most places I stay I shop price on the net and suggest this hotel if you can find special pricing.

Hello 46341ArtLover,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your stay. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found your rooms clean and our staff friendly. I hope to see you for your 3rd stay very soon.

Far Rockaway, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Called in advance to find out if the hotel was recently renovated to which I received a yes. When we got there I was not impressed at all. I have stayed at the Holiday inn express in Bensalem and Harrisburg NE and they were beautiful, clean and new....this was not! Our room had a terrible mildew smell and upon arrival there were crumbs and garbage on the floor. We have a baby that crawls around so this was certainly unacceptable! I do not recommend staying at this hotel! I too had to wash all my clothing when I returned home as the smell came home with me. The only positive I would say is that the hotel is in a good location.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
LNSSW_Admin, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster-Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Hello mammaB5278,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your stay with us. I am very sad to hear that you were not welcomed with a clean and fresh smelling room as you should expect. I have forwarded your comments onto my housekeeping department.

We are currently starting a renovation to update many aspects of our hotel and I would hope that you'd give us another chance to prove our hospitality.

NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

The hotel is undergoing renovations so I let the condition of the hallways go… very understandable. Our room was pool side, very nice I thought. We have small children, easy access is always appreciated. Our room smelled musty and always seemed damp. We found garbage under the beds and the sun blocking curtain had holes in it. The bathroom had mold in the shower, the fan in the ceiling was not set properly. I could hear the alarm clock of the room next to us.
Breakfast was ok, seating is tough on the weekends.
The pool is advertised as heated…. not so much, three of the four heat jets were working and it wasn’t the cleanest.
What really upset me, was it was 10:30am on our check out day and we were moving kids and luggage to the car. We had finished our first trip out and I was headed back into the room for round two. I found the maid in the hallway with my things telling me I had forgotten them. I was extremely angry and told her to stay out of the room. I called the front desk to complain and was told the housekeeping manager would be down to speak with the maid. I was there until 11am and never saw anyone. I don’t feel this is appropriate and we will not go back.

Hello torilee77,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention & apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced I am very sorry that we dropped the ball. That is not what you should expect when staying with us.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service & accommodations & your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guest, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive & welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn Express for your future travel needs.
White Hall, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I thought the man that signed us in was very rude & unfriendly. When we got to the room it had a very strong odor. It really was the smelliest room I have ever stayed in. When we got home the next day I had to remove everything from the suit case that was not even worn & wash them because they smelled so badly. The bathroom did not look like they really took thier time in cleaning. It was just over all HORRIBLE & SMELLY!!!! :-(

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
padutchhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster-Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Sandyju2,

I just saw your comments regarding your recent stay with us and I must sincerely apologize as this is not our way either in service or product. Please accept my apologies.

If you could give me a call at 717-293-9500 ext. 304 so we can review your comments together. I would really appreciate it.

Respectfully,

John R. Watts

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lancaster-Rockvale Outlets? Share your experiences!