“Nice hotel -- great breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel -- great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed here with a family of 5 for our first ever stay in Lancaster. Rooms were clean and neat, it was quiet enough, and great location. The breakfast was very good -- lots of variety. Cinnamon buns in particular were delicious. Price was good -- seemed less expensive than most other similar hotels in the area. Fitness Center was cardio equipment only, but that's a minor complaint -- I would've liked some sort of multi-use cable machine for resistance training (again, most people probably wouldn't care, and it doesn't affect my rating here). We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
padutchhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster-Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Familytravels407,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. Over the next year you will notice a variety of changes coming to the hotel. We will be enlarging our business center, breakfast area and adding a sundry store for starters. I am not sure as of yet what is install for the fitness center but I will add your comments to the list.

We look forward to your next vist.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed for a cheer competition and was very happy. Very clean room. Wall hair dryer wasn't working, but one was already provided on the bathroom counter. (it was actually better than the wall one). Loved the breakfast. The ladies at the front desk were very nice, friendly and very helpful. Even had good selections of snacks and drink in their vending machines. Only thing I would have wanted was an indoor pool. It's in the middle of the Rockvale outlets that you can just take a walk to it and the places to eat so close by. Plenty of choices to eat. I definitely would come back.

Room Tip: Breakfast room can get a bit crowded, but people can't really see the sign that says additional...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
LNSSW_Admin, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster-Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Hello abhelfer,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us during the cheer competition. It is good to know that our location was suitable for your needs and you found our rooms to be clean. Look forward to seeing you and the rest of the competition squads next year!

Thank you!

Jennifer Abbas
Guest Services Supervisor
Mineral Point, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed the first weekend in April. We loved the hotel.It was located in the Rockvale Outlet.You could walk to the outlet which was very convenient.The hotel was very clean and The staff was extremely helpful.We had a room with a king size bed and it was very comfortable and the pillows were awesome. We had a wonderful weekend and would definitely stay with them again.

• Stayed April 2014
padutchhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster-Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Sletzo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and our centralized location to all that great shopping at the Rockvale Outlets.

We recently updated our pillow selection in our rooms; so I am pleased you were thrilled. In the coming year you will see more updates to the property including a enhanced business center, enlarged breakfast area and the addition of a sundry store.

We look forward to your next trip to Lancaster county.

John R. Watts
burbank, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Mixed feelings. The place is clean, the room was dated though. I guess the other Holiday Inn Expresses I have been in have all been newer. Bed was so-so. The Heat/AC, plumbing all worked fine. The house keeping staff was particularly helpful and responded quickly to any special requests, like additional towels Both the day and night front staff was also very accommodating and I arrived after midnight and the front desk was staffed..Did not partake in the free breakfast. Hotel is located in the middle of the Rockvale Outlets, so you can walk to all the stores (okay, most will take the car because you will have bags) but I walked. There's a pretty little stream with ducks running between the hotel and the adjacent Cracker Barrel restaurant. Pool looked big, but was closed for season. The gym had two treadmills, an elliptical and a recumbant. They were all low end machines, but did the job for my brief stay. No free weights, but towels, water and a TV.

I had not been to Lancaster before and this hotel is in the middle of the busy highway 30. Traffic at times was quite bad and I hear it is a parking lot in the summer. In a nutshell, all the hotels are expensive here. if you are going shopping to outlets this may be a good option for you. If you are there to see the larger Amish country I would choose to stay in one of the inns small towns no where near the 30 highway. So when I go back, I will try that.

Room Tip: I don't think you can get a bad room, interior rooms look over the pool. If you want to have an...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
LNSSW_Admin, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster-Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Burbankgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. I am glad that you found our staff to be so accommodating and helpful during your stay with us. I am sorry to hear, however, that you were not impressed with your room. Just to let you know, we are currently in the midst of a major renovation project which currently includes all guest rooms and will also include an expanded breakfast area as well as a new lobby including a snack shop. I’m sorry to hear that you were not able to stay in one of the renovated guest rooms.

We invite you back to our hotel in the future to experience all of these upgrades.

Thanks again for your patronage!

Brent Houp
Guest Services Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had called this hotel two weeks ago for a client and was told that the manager was in a meeting and can i call back around a certain time so when i called back he was still in a meeting and i asked if i can leave my contact information so that when he/she is done in the meeting can they give me a call back. Its going on 3 weeks now but no need for a call back since i placed my client in another area hotel. As a travel agent i will not feel comfortable booking my clients at this hotel because of the lack of communication who's to see if they check in and something goes wrong.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Travelman9981,

Thank you for making us aware of this situation that occurred. I apologize that it was handled the way it was. I will be sure to use this as a training opportunity with the entire front desk staff to ensure that we properly handle these types of calls in the future.

As a travel agent, I am sure that you are well-aware of the many lodging options in the Lancaster area. Although we “dropped the ball” with this particular situation, I hope that you will be willing to give us another chance earn your business for your clients.

Since I do not have your direct contact information, I have sent you a private message via the TripAdvisor messaging system as well.

Brent Houp
Guest Services Manager
White Marsh, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed here on March 13, 2013 while seeing the Trisha Yearwood concert at the American Music Theater. The location of the hotel is great. Nestled in the middle of the outlet center, there is plenty of shopping and dining options around. The theater is directly across the street, so the location can not be beat when seeing a show. The hotel itself, offers a great hot breakfast in the morning and is very clean, ALWAYS. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Oley, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

In the center of Rockvale outlets. Walking distance to stores and many restaurants. Very convenient location. Great value hotel with a wonderful hot/cold breakfast buffet, much nicer than a continental bfast. Staff replenished it quickly. Front desk & housekeeping very nice and helpful. We had a quiet room on the 2nd floor in the rear hallway. Will definitely consider staying here again!

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lancaster-Rockvale Outlets? Share your experiences!