“Bad service and room” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 38 hotels in Lancaster
Monongahela, Pennsylvania
“Bad service and room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We booked 3 rooms for 2 nights my husband fell and broke his back. We called and canceled the rooms but made a reservation for sat night for my grandson. When he arrived they said first they had no reservation for him then they said that they had not received a call cancelling the other rooms. This was not true I have the call saved on my cell phone. They now want to charge my card for the nights that they say we did not call about. My grandson got into his room and they said it smelled so bad they did not want to stay. They went to the desk and were told that they would give them air freshners. My grandson said no so they moved them to another room which was not much better. They did stay the night but will never go back. Please think twice about staying here. Sleeping in the car would be better.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We needed a place to stay for 2 nights while visiting family over 4th of July weekend. I was scared to stay here based on reviews, but I'm glad we did. At $83 a night it was half the price of the other hotels available in the area at the time. If you are expecting a resort you will be disappointed. If you need a place to shower and sleep it's fine. The rooms are huge. Yes, it had the smell of a hotel that was once a smoking permitted property, but it's not overwhelming. Our room was very clean, the shower worked great and the A/C was cold. Breakfast is what you would expect. The owner isn't Mr personality but he was accommodating when we asked for stuff. Right now the pool is closed for a damaged liner, so call ahead if you think you will need a pool to see if it's fixed. I'm not sure why all the negative reviews.

• Stayed July 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The room was outdated and dirty. The toilet was broken and apparently was unrepairable. There were no other rooms available so I had to stick my hand in the tank of the toilet to flush it my entire stay. The manager apologized but didn't offer to take any money off my bill. Staff was rude both when I booked my stay and when I later called to request an itemized bill.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've traveled enough to compare & this is the worst place I'd ever stayed. After reviewing the hotel website again, I realize it is completely misleading. Do not stay here! The room had horrible stains (multiple) on the ceilings and furniture. Everything in the room was dirty. The bathroom had mold. The box springs did not have covers on them. The AC unit did not work. A breaker blew when we attempted to plug in a phone charger. The phone didn't work when we tried to call the front and tell them about it. I had to walk to the desk. The manager was annoyed and blamed it on the charger. He offered no compensation for our inconveniences. The hairdryer was literally falling off of the wall. The ice machine was broken.
Old hotels are fine, but, these CONDITIONS were unacceptable. There is obviously NO MONEY placed back into the upkeep of this property.
Any positive reviews are shocking because this was a dump!

Room Tip: There are none. Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The room had deep bugs in between the mattress. Light in bathroom fan did not have a light in it. The room had stains on the walls. After complaining about the room and wanting to leave, they said we would still get charged. We moved to another room that was just as bad. If the health department did an inspection, the place would be shut down. Staff at desk was very unfriendly, did not care that we were dissatisfied.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Durham, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at this hotel, but was ready to leave after the first. Furniture was old and worn with stains / dirty. The hair dryer did not operate and the heat light timer had exposed wires. Housekeeping forgot to make up our room, but were, at least, very apologetic when they gave us new towels. There was a slight smell from the A/C unit which needed to be cleaned and sanitized. The free breakfast we skipped in favor of a decent local restaurant. The only positive thing were the general location and plenty of hot water. This hotel needs a major makeover.

Room Tip: If your standards are very low, any room will do.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Plainfield, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

These negative reviews surprise us. The room was large, clean, and in working order. All the controls were easy to learn. The staff was exceptional, even with special requests. The rate was competitive for the area with a comfortable bed and a deluxe continental breakfast, which we did not try as we had breakfast "dates" with friends. The sound barrier concern is legitimate but the rest is sour grapes. We would book here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Westfield Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!