“Overpriced” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Paid $105 per night for 3 night stay. Should have been half that for the value received.
Room locks were faulty and we could only use key card half the time. Room was in need of repair big time. We had to ask for bathroom light to be replaced. Carpet was in need of replacement. Breakfast consisted of two cereals, coffee, juice and a few stale dougnuts. Pool was clean and staff tried to be helpful. Beds in room were not comfortable and need replaced. AC Unit in room loud and did not cool room unless set at 65 degrees. Only thing we liked was if was close to family we were visiting. Unless it gets a total makeover this will be only time we stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

After reading several derogatory reviews I decided to take a chance anyway, as the hotel was right down the street from our dinner theatre. I'm glad I did as it was a pleasant surprise. The service was excellent ( the manager actually offered to help with our bags - immediate response to extra pillows and towels ). The room, while older in decor, was clean and efficient. The pool while somewhat small, was clean and welcoming. My wife and I will definitely return for our next visit, especially since it was 40% cheaper than the hotel we usually stay at.

Room Tip: Try being pleasant, it goes a long way !
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

Please, do yourself a favor and do not stay at this place - a complete dump. The manager at the front desk is extremely rude, abrasive and without a doubt the most unprofessional man we have met. The rooms were filthy, old, dusty, stained and look like they were never cleaned. Food was terrible. Beds were terrible to sleep in. The 'manager' as I said was so rude and quoted a price but when we arrived it was 'only through May' and we had to pay $20 add'l to sleep in that dump. He said 'you dont like it, go somewhere else'. How rude!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
newtonville indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

My family and I traveled to Lancaster P.A. to attened my Grandfather's funeral, and we were not treated very well by the most rude person ever. I would really like to see the chain owner of this no so well maintained motel show up and be treated like we were. Then I know the day shift manager would not be working for the public any longer. the rating I would give this motel is not even on the scale of 1-10 it would be way lower, I hope enough of you traveling thru this area read this and DON'T stay .Besides the jerk at the front desk sheets didn't even come close to fitting the beds, we were given a roll-a-way bed to use the 2nd night we were there and told no cost , the roll-a-way bed was not even usable because of all the springs that were missing, we got gripped at for using the wrong cups for the orange juice @ breakfast, which was supposed to be such a great continental and it wasn't . showers had no water pressure. It was so cold in the lobby and hallway you could almost see your breath. Just all around not a good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

The manager was rude. The rooms were not clean. The price is not worth what you get. All of the rooms are very old and greatly in need of updating. I think they are using the same sheets and towels that they used when the hotel opened. There were holes in them and they still put them in the rooms. I have stayed at many facilities because of the business that I am in. This was one of the worst places I have ever stayed!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

I've been a travel agent for 20 years and I would be appalled if my clients were treated the way I was. I don't always agree with Trip Advisor but these reviews are correct. I booked my reservation 1 week prior to arrival for a bowling tournament and was quoted a AAA rate of $69.00 plus tax and when I checked out I was charged another rate. I was told that the AAA rate of $69.00 was for April and not for May but if that was the case I should have never been qouted the rate since the reservation manager new my travel dates. After I argued for 20 minutes I decided to pay the rate and deal with the situation direct with the owner / Chain. The hotel was basic, no shower pressure and the continental breakfast was ok. If you decide to stay here make sure you have the price in writing.

• Stayed May 2009
Allentown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

The hotel was fine but we were misled about the rate. We -- a team of 8 tennisplayers--searched through Expedia, which showed a rate of $ 79.00/night. Our team captain followed up with a direct call to the hotel and after some discussion, got a rate of $ 79.00. Upon arrival, we were told that the rate is $89.00. When the manager was questioned, he accused our team captain of lying, was very rude and unprofessional. So, make sure you get documentation of the quoted price -- better yet, go someplace else.!!

• Liked — Location for our needs
  • Disliked — Being deceived about their rates and the extremely unprofessional manager
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Westfield Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!