“Fun” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 29 Attractions in Lancaster
Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
“Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great fun for kids water should be warmer the pool was freezing and the water in he park was very cold

State College, Pennsylvania
“Bad Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We went here with our two girls ages 2 and 4 on March 16th and the hotel was extremely dirty and the water park was ok but the bathrooms/changing area was extremely dirty. We ended up with a nasty stomach flu and ear infections and strep A from the improperly cleaned water. We definitely do not recommend this place to anyone that values their health. We hoped to get away for a nice weekend with the kids and ended up extremely sick and losing the entire next week to illness.

Central PA
10 attraction reviews
“Hope to save someone from this dirty place.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I can not believe all the good reviews for this place. Our family was here March 16th and hubby said there was no way he was going to do more than take pictures of our family in the water park. He had forgotten flip flops and said there was no way that he was going barefoot. The mens and womens bathrooms were filthy. Ladies toilet out of order, there where other toilets but it got quite crowded with people changing in there. I waited and waited for a chance to go to the bathroom, then when the door opened and I saw the toilet was "full" I decided to wait until we got to the hotel. So glad that it had been decided that the Wyndam was the hotel the family stayed in. The Budget Host was charging a higher price because it was Quilt Weekend. The hotel looked so dated and grungy. The Wyndam was so nice and CLEAN. We have taken our granddaughter to the DoubleTree in Lancaster that also has an indoor water park, they might not have had quite as much to do but it was the difference of night and day in the cleanliness department.

Cherry Hill, NJ
4 attraction reviews
“Good and lower priced alternative to Great Bear in Poconos”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a weekend get away from South Jersey with our two kids (5 and 3). Friends have raved about Great Bear Lodge in Poconos but I found the prices to be a bit exorbitant and over our budget. We are big Dutch Wonderland fans so when I came across this place I was excited. I found a great rate at the Wyndham (you don't have to stay at the Budget hotel) that included breakfast - Wyndham was clean, great staff, got early check in too so my 3 yo could nap. Keep in mind the Wyndham isnt directly connected to the park (its across the parking lot).
The waterpark was a fine place for a cold March day. Clean, nice staff, lifeguards who really guard, can bring in outside food (eat in balcony only). Nice that they provide towels but bring your own. Can bring in "small tubes" for younger children to float in....so it was a nice, fun time. I did feel the water and air temperature were a bit on the chilly side but maybe cause it was so cold the day we went. My experience in indoor pools is the bathing suit people should be comfortable rather then the dressed non-swimming people (they should be sweating). Maybe bring an extra sweatshirt. Finally, since we were at the Wyndham and couldn't walk in our suits from our room I was assuming there would be locker rooms to change - not so much. The locker room was more like a bathroom with one shower stall with one small bench. So maybe wear suits over and back from the Wyndham and skip the locker room.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“85 degrees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We love bringing the kids here couple times a year. It is indoor and nice and warm. Love the slides.