“Ouch....It's a No Stay. Renovation not finished in time....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Lancaster East/Strasburg

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Lancaster East/Strasburg to your Saves list
Travelodge Lancaster East/Strasburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2390 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602 (Formerly Canadiana Motor Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Bethlehem
“Ouch....It's a No Stay. Renovation not finished in time....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Our grand daughter called me on my cell phone while we were in Kitchen Kettle Village at the Cafe ordering Lunch. Rooms are not ready. You are now staying at Red Roof Inn , arrangements are made for the same price. Good thing we had our cellphones with us. I do thank them for making the arrangements for the same price, but last minute business is not a good thing. What I'm saying is ..we were already in Lancaster starting our trip. This should have been taken care of the day before. An early warning is important to a traveler. And this was our 37th Anniversary trip.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Monroe, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed here one night. It is presently undergoing renovation. The outside doesn't look great and hasn't yet been touched, but the room that we stayed in was great on the inside. New flooring/carpet, great shower fixture, nice double sink, tv worked well (except could not adjust the volume). There was a faint paint smell, which quickly disappeared after we turned on the airconditioning for a little while. Tatiana was a terrific manager - very professional, helpful and hands on. I called for pillows and she brought them right over. For the cost of the stay, it was worth it and I would come back again.

Room Tip: If you're not traveling with a pet - ask to stay away from those rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Remodeling in progress, most rooms not available, the room we had had part of the wall covered temporarily with the board, broken furniture. Breakfast served from 7 am, in a room turned into storage, with boxes and supplies scattered around, and one dirty table in the middle. Requested room with two beds, not available. The internet not accessible in our room. The parking and surroundings full of mud, not finished.
I cannot understand how this facility can be offered to guests in such horrible state!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Owego, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This place should be condemned!!!! I do not know how they can stay open for business, obviously someone is not doing there job. We had reservations months in advance for our volleyball team to stay for a tournament. Upon arrival after a 4 hour drive we were told they could not accommodate all of us and sent us to another dive hotel. Some of us stayed to look at the rooms and again I say this place should be condemned!! The outside was very dark with pieces of plywood on the ground. I felt like I was walking down the street in some "red light" district as we were trying to find the room. Which by the way was labeled with yellow post it notes. When we did find the room and went inside I would not consider it "renovated" unless you call a 4ft by 2ft hole in the wall with wires hanging out renovated!!! Shame on you Travelodge for advertising as you do and expecting your horrific conditions to be ok with travelers. I would not let my sick dying dog stay there if I had one.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Walking distance to shopping center, other interesting places to enjoy, New furniture and beds, enjoy the Lancaster view and weather. Excellent experience would definitely recommend and coming soon. Best services I experience from the reception until checkout.

Room Tip: We had double beds and was excellent.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Cumberland, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Priceline rates this as a 2 star hotel and I was really disappointed when I bid and got this hotel. I saw that they were renovating, so I had some hope that it would be ok.

We arrived when it was dark, but we could tell what we were in for. The parking lot was cluttered with old furniture, construction materials, etc. Checked in and was given room 132. I asked if it was one the renovated rooms and was told it was. We couldn't find the room so, desk staff showed us where it was. It had a masking tape number beside the door.

The carpet in the room and the wood tile had been renovated. The counter on the sink was new. The microwave and mini fridge looked brand new. The flat screen TV was an off brand and was small. The bedding and bed were definitely not new. The mattress was hard. The bedding had holes through it and looked old and worn. The shower had a new shower head.

Woke up the next morning to sunlight pouring in the blinds. No curtains and cheap blinds means we were wide awake at 6:45 am. As we were leaving I noticed the carpet in the building looked new. The hallways smelled like smoke, even though no smoking signs were posted. Stopped at the desk and told them about brightness in room and they left a sheet in the room for us to hang up over the window.

There was no phone in the room. Wi if worked great after we got the password. No one was at the front desk until 8 am in the mornings. Smelled coffee, but didn't see any "limited breakfast."

All in all, you get what you pay for and I learned never to go below 2 1/2 stars on Priceline. The best things about the hotel was the friendly and courteous staff and the location,

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Lancaster East/Strasburg? Share your experiences!