“Not a place to sleep at” 1 of 5 stars

Lancaster Red Roof Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2307 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602   |
Ranked #19 of 38 hotels in Lancaster
New Windsor, New York
“Not a place to sleep at”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We arrived in Lancaster a day earlier that expected and stopped at the Red Roof in Lancaster. We checked in and our room has no air and was dark and dirty. We called that front desk and the manager came to our room to see if he could fix the a/C That did not work and we were given a new room. It was darker that the first one with only 2 small lights in the room It was also dirty. The small fridge had so much ice in the freezer the door would not close/ We checked out of the room and moved across the street to the Lancaster Host which was like the Plaza Hotel compared to the days Inn

Room Tip: Do not stay here

461 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Very acomodating to everything...
Staff was friendly and helpful.. Gave me great directions to get to Easton another part we we went.
Kids loved the pool...
I even stayed another night and they were very accommodating with that as well.

• Stayed August 2014
Ilion, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

worst motel stay ever rugs were filthy chair was filthy i would never sit on it bathtub was disgusting mold on floor and around tub handle bar to get in and out of tub had filth all around it wash clots and hand towels had brown stains on them two days in a row water pressure was terrible you couldnt get soap out of hair and on our last day while sleeping sink began to overflow from back up we called for help my husband used trash cans to catch water he dumped about 10 bucket in toilet when it finally stopped no help ever arrived an hour later we left and still no one came guy on desk acted liked he never heard of a backed up sink

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked two nights through the Redicard line. Upon arrival, I found out I was going to have to pay an extra $55 for my two dogs. I realize that Red Roofs policy is they accept one well-behaved pet, but I have been traveling with two for 7 years and have never paid that much extra at a Red Roof! Maybe $5 a night, but $25 plus tax..so RED NO WOOF! I also booked a handicap room and when we went to room on third floor, our room was open! and it wasn't handicap. I said we would just deal with the no handicap bc all the rooms are nice here! Very clean and nicer than any other Red Roof...but then we couldn't get the door to shut. So..the maids knew the latch was broken, but didn't tell anyone?!! BAck to the desk..got a new room on first floor. It was a long check in after a long drive. Really do love the rooms here..but they are not organized. Our room only had one towel as well. There is a field in back to walk your dog, the street is just too busy. Red NO WOOF says pick up your poop and we do..but my boyfriend stepped in some right where the sign. Better enforce that policy too! Also, wifi must be cheap b/c it stinks!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
West Babylon, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travel to Lancaster Pa the first week of August every year for the World Boardgaming Championships. The Red Roof Inn has supplied a very affordable and comfortable place to stay, as well as friendly staff. The Red Roof Inn was also the first hotel I ever saw to use waffle makers (which seem to be everywhere now.) I look forward to next year.

Room Tip: The only issue with convention goers is the traffic. Next year there will be a TRAFFIC LIGHT right...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed one night August 24-25, 2014. Room was supposed to be a deluxe king and was so small. The room was filthy. Towels stiff - even the tissues were coarse. The black box on the front of the door kept coming off. There was no back on the remote control you had to keep pressing on the batteries to make the channels move. The pillowcase had dried substance that looked like blood. The bottom sheet had a brown stain on it. There was holes in the bottom sheet. It was a non-smoking room and smelt of stale smoke. We wanted a room (CLEAN) for the night because it would have been a 2 hour drive back to NJ after the Terry Fator show at the AMT. We only saw the stains after we came back to the hotel after the show at 9:30pm and since my husband is handicapped we had to stay. We were out of there by 8:30am - not a very good night's sleep. We also heard people complaining that there was no one on the front desk when they arrived and some people had to wait 30 minutes to get someone to get them the key to their room and their room had not been cleaned at all. But it was late and they had children with then and they had to sleep in a filthy room. We did bring our concerns to the day manager when we checked out.

Again please do not stay at this INN!

Room Tip: Rooms are dirty!
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travel to Lancaster 2 or 3 times a year, and I always stay at this Red Roof Inn. I find it convenient, safe and very pleasant. I always use the Red Roof website for reservations, and have never had an issue. Check in is quick and pleasant. During my recent stay I did have issue with the WiFi not working all the time but it was not that much of a problem. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. I enjoy being able to walk to restaurants after driving and working all day. I consider the stay a very good value for my money.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Lancaster Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!