“Lancaster Red Roof Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Lancaster Red Roof Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I think that the stay was good overall. I had to deal with rampant workers staying there and smoking and drinking outside and stinking up the outdoor area with smoke, but the Hotel itself was fine! I would stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back facing the pool if it's in the Winter!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Hillsborough, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel is right in the middle of most things you want to see and do. My room had a King bed with a sofa, which was very nice. The cost was reasonable and the room was clean and pleasant. Requested a nice quiet room and got one. Will stay there again when I'm out that way. Staff was nice and friendly, everything was great.

Room Tip: The ratings for the room service and spa were rated as "average" as I didn't use them...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Southampton, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I visit Lancaster, PA about three times a year and always stay at the Red Roof Inn located at 2307 Lincoln Highway in Lancaster. The staff is friendly and always makes us feel welcome and most importantly our dogs are as welcome as we are. For that we will always stay there. Our dogs are important to us and are part of our family. Thank you Red Roof for your pet policy and to the staff in Lancaster in welcoming family!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Yonkers, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here for one night in December while visiting Dutch Winter Wonderland. We had a basic room with 2 double beds and it was more than plenty for one night. The facility and room were clean. Our room had a flat screen tv, coffe maker, refrigerator, microwave, and free wi-fi. The location is excellent; close to all shops and attractions. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you need a basic place to stay for a few nights.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Barnegat, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed there on December 9th and 10th. First, I chose this hotel from others in our price range because it stated that our Superior King Room came with a Deluxe Keurig Coffee Maker - we love our coffee. Upon arrival in the room I spotted the single-serve Mr. Coffee machine with motel-style packets of coffee. I went to the front desk and asked and was told that "yes, the Mr. Coffee was it". First strike - false advertising. My confirmation sheet even showed the Keurig on it.

Most importantly, the room was dirty. The bathroom was clean and the sink area was fine. The rest of the room, yuck. Laying in plain sight next to the head of the bed on the floor was a plastic toothpick/flosser implement - eeuu. Now we're looking at everything. Nice layer of dust on the headboard, television armoir and bedside table. The sticky clock and telephone obviously hadn't been touched with a wet cloth since Reagan was in the White House. There was a used spoon with food on it left in the refrigerator and the glass carousel in the microwave was dirty with crumbs on it. I went to the front desk in the morning and spoke to Jay, the front desk manager. I had him come to our room and showed him everything. He apologized and asked if he had the room "deep cleaned" by housekeeping, would we stay for our second night that we had booked. We agreed that that would be okay. We came back Sunday night and nothing had been touched - even the flosser was still in the same spot, although we did have fresh towels and the bed was made. When I took the keys up to the desk in the morning, he asked "how was the room?" I told him that I was very disappointed in him that I had expected him to followup with housekeeping and perhaps check out the room. I told him to watch for my review on Trip Advisor. Apparently, the management doesn't care because there is no oversight of employees. The manager should ensure that the head of housekeeping is routinely going through the rooms and making sure that they are thoroughly cleaned. Of course, Maybe not all the housekeeping staff does as poor a job as our person had done. I see other reviewers stating that their room was clean. I have a real problem with surfaces such as the bedside table, phones and clocks, remotes, etc. not being cleaned properly since these surfaces are notoiously known for being a repository for "bodily fluids". Come on, it's a hotel room. We paid a total of $169.84 to stay here on Saturday and Sunday night.

The only person who did a good job was the desk man on Saturday night. He was friendly and asked us questions about our stay and recommended some sights that he enjoys.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room 128
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here while granddaughter had 9 11 year Olds. overnight for her birthday. Nice lobby pleasant check in and check out. Wonderful handicapped bathroom but room too small and too much furniture to accomadate electric wheelchair. Breakfast room too small there was a soccer team and a busload of seniors there. Could not get near the buffet people standing around. Did not see a breakfast attendent tables were not clean think if breakfast was till 10 am instead of 9am on weekends there would be less there from 8am to 9am

• Stayed November 2012
Reston, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Paid a little extra hoping to get extra. Got a $65 on Hotels.com, but there were several walkin rates nearby for $20 less. Room and beds were nice. Towels were thin and rough. Bar soap was a sliver and the shampoo packets were impossible to open. Was there 3 nights - 2nd night the room was never cleaned. Breakfast was average - hot waffles, but no cereal and the line was too long for me to wait one morning. By 8:30, there was no fruit left. Somewhat better than the lesser hotels nearby with two comfortable queen beds.

Room Tip: 2nd floor towards the back away from the main road noise
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Lancaster Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!