“Not much...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Not much...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Regular, clean and close to everywhere in the Outlets area. The pool was closed cause the season was over, but the heat was not, the kids didn't like it at all. Breakfast area was a little too crowded at all times ins the weekend, but with a good selection.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Martinsburg, WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Due to a poor stay in Feb 2012, I was in contact with Management and agreed to give them another chance. Check in was fine, no problems. The room, aside from the bathroom, was great. Nice bed, big TV, fridge, microwave and a safe. (If you don't use the safe, ask that they remove that charge from your bill, $1.50/night.) However, the bathroom was just poorly renovated and a little dirty. There was dry urine on the top and bottom of the toilet seat when we first got there; took one of the hand towels and cleaned it myself. The chaullking around the shower and tub was either moldy, cracking or both. The tub itself was cracked and peeling in different spots. If more time and money were put into the bathroom, I would have no complaints, but I would think that if someone was giving you a second chance, you would want everything cleaned and in order and is wasn't.
Regular rates are $95 and I don't think this hotel is worth that. I received a discounted rate for giving them another chance, but I don't think I'll be back. To end on a good note, the location is great and the breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ocean View, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. The rooms were not clean; the linens and towels were threadbare; the spreads were dirty -- etc. etc. The "continental breakfast" was a joke. I would never stay there again; too many nice hotels in this area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Rupa G, General Manager at Lancaster Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear BHomer,

I am saddened to hear your stay at the Lancaster Red Roof Inn feel short of your standards. Our staff at the hotel tried their utmost to better serve our guests and to meet their needs. I apologize for not having a large breakfast that you/your family had expected; however our breakfast is considered to be over the top in variety according to Red Roof Inn Corporate standards as they do not offer such a breakfast. We will definitely take your feedback constructively and make the necessary changes in order to better serve all of our guests. We deeply hope you consider to stay with us again and give us another opportunity to serve you.

Yours in Travel,
Salisbury, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I choose the Red Roof Inn for two reasons. It was cheap and it took pets. I was pleasantly surprised how nice it was. The rooms were clean and it is right in the middle if the Lancaster "strip." The continental breakfast was nothing special, but I wasn't expecting much to begin with. The only confusing part was the funky two sided elevator, but that was no big deal. It is really a nice place for a nice price and I would recommend it to anyone looking for clean no frills establishment.

• Stayed November 2012
New City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Conveniently located for biking the back roads of Lancaster County and still within walking distance to great shopping. Hotel is clean, comfortable and serves a very nice breakfast. Best of all the motel is dog friendly, a must for vacationing with our pups.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Watkins Glen, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here in October 2012. Typical Red Roof Inn, until I woke up the next morning and opened the bathroom door. The smell was terrible. I looked in the bath tub and there was sewage in the tub. I got dressed quickly and checked out. I went to the front desk told the clerk what had happened, and even showed him the picture on my phone of the sewage in my tub. He said he could only give me 20% off my room, only the manager could do more, but he would tell the manager who would call me. Surprise, that never happened. I will never go back. This is the second time I've had to post this review. Trip Advisor pulled it saying it may be attached to the wrong property. I sent in my bill, my e-mail confirmation and the picture of the tub, but never received anything back from Trip Advisor. So I've decided to repost the review since it's been a week since I responded to TripAdvisor. It took them 2 days to pull the review. Makes you wonder, doesn't it? This review is for the LANCASTER RED ROOF INN. I know where I spent the night!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dave G, General Manager at Lancaster Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Kathy C,

We are very saddened to hear that your stay with us was not to your expectations. We understand that everything with your stay went well and until your visit to the bathroom. We apologize, however, during the recent storm Sandy our sewage, gutter and storm drains did clog the system. Since the storm we have flushed the system.
Again we apologize, we were not able to satisfy you 100%. We ensure that similar incidence will not happen again. Please contact or look for me directly should you have any questions next time.
We staff strives really hard to ensure that they give you the best they can during your stay. We would like to make things perfect during your next stay.
Best Regards,

Dave Gandhi
kendall park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

First time at Red Roof Inn had no problem with check in. Room was clean Everyone was helpful to me. The cost was great and worth the price. Have been going to Lancaster for 20 years for shopping will definatly stay here again. The only thing I didno like was the heater was very loud when it kicked on so you couldnot hear the tv.

Room Tip: I like the bottom rooms so I can have easy access to my car .