“Mr Toad” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
New City, New York
“Mr Toad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Conveniently located for biking the back roads of Lancaster County and still within walking distance to great shopping. Hotel is clean, comfortable and serves a very nice breakfast. Best of all the motel is dog friendly, a must for vacationing with our pups.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Watkins Glen, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here in October 2012. Typical Red Roof Inn, until I woke up the next morning and opened the bathroom door. The smell was terrible. I looked in the bath tub and there was sewage in the tub. I got dressed quickly and checked out. I went to the front desk told the clerk what had happened, and even showed him the picture on my phone of the sewage in my tub. He said he could only give me 20% off my room, only the manager could do more, but he would tell the manager who would call me. Surprise, that never happened. I will never go back. This is the second time I've had to post this review. Trip Advisor pulled it saying it may be attached to the wrong property. I sent in my bill, my e-mail confirmation and the picture of the tub, but never received anything back from Trip Advisor. So I've decided to repost the review since it's been a week since I responded to TripAdvisor. It took them 2 days to pull the review. Makes you wonder, doesn't it? This review is for the LANCASTER RED ROOF INN. I know where I spent the night!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dave G, General Manager at Lancaster Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Kathy C,

We are very saddened to hear that your stay with us was not to your expectations. We understand that everything with your stay went well and until your visit to the bathroom. We apologize, however, during the recent storm Sandy our sewage, gutter and storm drains did clog the system. Since the storm we have flushed the system.
Again we apologize, we were not able to satisfy you 100%. We ensure that similar incidence will not happen again. Please contact or look for me directly should you have any questions next time.
We staff strives really hard to ensure that they give you the best they can during your stay. We would like to make things perfect during your next stay.
Best Regards,

Dave Gandhi
kendall park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

First time at Red Roof Inn had no problem with check in. Room was clean Everyone was helpful to me. The cost was great and worth the price. Have been going to Lancaster for 20 years for shopping will definatly stay here again. The only thing I didno like was the heater was very loud when it kicked on so you couldnot hear the tv.

Room Tip: I like the bottom rooms so I can have easy access to my car .
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Rooms were clean and a good bargin for the price. Traveling with a dog sometimes means spending a lot more for a room RRI pet policy is just the ticket for us. They need to better Identify the pet walking area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Watkins Glen, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gillette, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

When we opened the door to our room we immediately shut it because it reeked of cigarette smoke (this was a non-smoking hotel). The man at the desk moved us to a different room. It took him about twenty minutes to figure out how to do that while my 3 children were getting very tired and antsy. He was very unprofessional and complained about the amount of hours he works the whole time. When we got to the second room it also smelled liked cigarette smoke. But at that point it was 8:30pm and the children needed to go to bed. We brought our things in and began getting settled. We immediately noticed that there was a thick layer of dust on the refrigerator, bed headboards, and TV cabinet. On the top of the refrigerator was also a ring in the dust that looked like it was from a glass. There were two open safety pins on the floor of the closet as well as a toenail. There were cigarette burns in the comforter. If we didn't have the kids with us my husband and I would've left at that point. I would've rather slept in the car. The floor was dirty, there were hairs in the tub, the tub was cracked and peeling. We wouldn't even let our kids walk around on the floor without socks or shoes on. I will never stay in a Red Roof Inn again. I mentioned some of our concerns when we checked out and was told the manager would call me the next day. I have not received a call.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dave G, General Manager at Lancaster Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear taryn824,

Thank you for the feedback. It is feedback's like such that really motivate us to do better and alleviate us amongst the best. As we are saddened to hear and see that you were least satisfied with our service. I truly apologize for this inconvenience and would like to see this not happen again.
I apologize as we are a 100% smoke free property, which means there is no smoking in any of the rooms and interior public areas. We also request every guest to use the designated smoking area, however, it is very difficult for us to demand such items when they too our guest.
We apologize that the next room we moved you to was not to your standards. I would like to ensure that we correct this on your future stay. Please reach out to me before booking your next stay. I would like to personally commend you on the feedback and would like to illustrate what we stand for here at the Lancaster Red Roof Inn.

Best
Dave
Bay Shore, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I travel a few times a year to the Lancaster Area. I started to stay at the Red Roof Inn a few years back. I had no real issues until last October 2011. That horrible stay included needing to have my rooms switched once, the second room the remote didnt work, the phone was not working, the door would not close right and the air conditioner was "cracked". Upon check out the front desk person, refunded some money as he knew of the room I was in and the issues with it. I didnt return to this hotel for the next couple of stays in beginning of 2012. I returned back to the Red Roof Inn after traveling from the South back home to NY. The room I was given was horrible - the bathroom wasnt clean, there were cobwebs on my bed and for some reason the room we were in had a smaller television then the other rooms... On a good note, the cleaning people were really nice. Would I recommend this faclity ...no ..... For all my travels next year I will be choosing another hotel chain...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sage6502,

I'm very saddened to hear that we have misrepresented ourselves and you did not enjoy our stay. We strive very hard to provide the best accommodations possible for a really nice price. However, sometimes we do overlook the important stuff and we are truly sorry for this. We would love for you to give us one more try and reach out to me personally if you have any concerns and problems. I would like to ensure that you have had the best stay at this hotel. We pride ourselves in ranking amongst the top in Lancaster and will continue to do so with your support and help.

Best Regards,
Dave

Been to Lancaster Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!