“Great Place to stay....” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2307 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
Mount Ephraim
“Great Place to stay....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

This is a great place to stay and convenient to many restaurants and all the shopping areas. Beautiful lobby, wonderful front desk staff and a great breakfast in the morning. My only problem was they did not provide towels for the pool. You should also sign up to become a Red Roof Member because you get a lot of special deals by email!

Room Tip: Sign up to get special deals by email!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
MyGHMhotels, General Manager at Lancaster Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Hi tab1754,

Thank you for a positive review and for taking the time to evaluate our hotel.We are always very delighted to know that our guests enjoy our facility as much as we enjoy working here. We create a fun loving atmosphere here at the Red Roof Inn of Lancaster.

Yours in Travel,
Dave Gandhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Peckville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Booked a room and as soon as we walked in I felt uncomfortable.Going to our room, carpeting in hall was dirty. Our room was dingy and needed a painting. The bathroom tub mat was disgusting, and the carpeting needed a good vacuuming. What scared me the most was the bedding didn't look fresh. You know sheets look when you sleep on them, how they get all wrinkled......thats how they looked to me. They were so worn you could have seen through them. My husband and I both agreed to check out as fast as we could....never again. I would like to comment on the the man named John. He was very pleasant and understanding. He would be an asset to any hotel who is seeking a competent and congenial employee who is highly skilled in working with the public.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

it was the worst hotel ever stayed at, very dirty. people are un friendly. it does not meet the standered that they write about. will never stay again..please beware. ed gildersleeve

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
JohnJoyFOM, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Hi Sir or Madam, Can you please give me more information in to the problems that occurred at the Red Roof Inn of Lancaster, I would like to investigate the situation and find out if there was something else that my staff and our Inn could have done to have made your stay even better. Please feel free to respond to this message or feel free to contact my at johnjoy@myghm.com I will need your name so that I can pull up your records of your stay. Thank You for your review and we apologize that your stay with us was not to the standard that we try to uphold.

John Joy
Guest Relations Manager
Red Roof Inn
Scottsville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Has bedbugs - told management, did nothing. Also, for the first time I left shoes behind and the hotel did not even acknowledge it. I hope my shoes make someone very happy as they were brand new leather. Bathroom was filthy, toilet stopped up, water slow in sink, styrofoam cups for coffee. If they had responded, I would stay again - not now.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
JohnJoyFOM, General Manager at Lancaster Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
After reviewing this Guest Complaint I personally started a full investigation in to the situation at hand. As a precaution we brought in a specialty team that investigated this guest and other rooms to make sure this claim was true. As a result the cleaning team expressed that there were no sign of bed bugs in this room or any other rooms that they had checked. They treated all of the matters to prevent them also as another precaution.

When guest sign in to the hotel you sign a registration card stating that we are not liable for lost or stolen items which the guest signs. If a guest calls and states that they lost an item and we research and find the item we ship it to the guest at the guest expense.

John Joy
Guest Service Manager
Red Roof Inn - Lancaster Pa
Toms River, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

Pictures looked good but the room and bathroom was very very dirty. I am returning the end of May and will not even think about staying here. The inside needs to be redone to match the outside.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

First and for most I would like to say the rooms could use a little remodeling the look of them are old, the furniture was dusty and front of fridge was disgusting.. Breakfast was great, your hot item in the morning was wonderful and the front desk girl I believe her name was "Shanya" was great she help me a lot in the mroning of our checkout. You need more people like her to assit with your guest.

Room Tip: Great location and Great Price
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

We stayed there this past week - and i agree with another reviewer: something is 'deceiving' about this RRI. The pictures look nice online.. the lobby and breakfast area are nice; but the ROOMs! That's another story. They are so old... we had to take this outside elevator and go outside to get to our 3rd floor room (are all RRI's like that?) It's so cold! I didn't know that when I agreed to a 3rd FL room. (Oh well!) The linens, the carpet, the whole room just sort of 'wreaked' of old, used, yucky 'motel' room. There was something 'musty' about the carpet. I wouldn't take my sneakers off. When I woke up the next morning, I kept having to clear my throat. I am wondering what was comin out of the HVAC unit (which had intermittent loud blasts... maybe that's normal). I also thought the room was very 'tight'. Pictures make rooms look bigger. (Ah well!) I didn't get to the staff yet: "S." (front desk help) needs to force a smile... and not make customers feel like they are intruding upon her R&R. (We're the guests; we're the ones paying for our R&R.) And, when we called for two extra pillow cases to be delivered and 20 minutes passed, we called back and asked status: we rec'd a: "Ma'am, I'm busy, I WILL get to it." (ExcuuuUUUUuuuse me!) Another 20 minutes passed and we volunteered to get it ourselves. It was bedtime in our room with lil' kids. As for positives, yes, I enjoyed my waffle for breakfast .. and my OJ. But, still, that's nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: I don't have a tip.
Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Lancaster Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!