“A waste of time and money!!!” 1 of 5 stars

407 Granite Run Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 57 things to do in Lancaster
“A waste of time and money!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had been to several birthday parties over the last few months and they were horrible! We had a very rude party coordinator who was a teenager and couldn't remember the party's mom name. When I saw the prices for the party what a rip off. The manager is a piece of work you complain about things and she is never around just a bunch of kids. things are disgusting and falling apart and nothing gets done about it. I was really hoping this place would have shaped up by now but it hasn't improved. There are better places to have a birthday party this is not one of them!!!!

Debra H, General Manager at That Bounce Place, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our facility. Several of the things you mentioned are being reviewed and action is being taken to improve. I would like to speak with you personally to determine the specific reasons you were unhappy with our party services. I am committed to great service for all our guests, and am always available to discuss opportunities for improvement.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Locals DO NOT LOVE this place!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am sorry, but this place is absolutely disgusting!!! It is filthy everywhere, terribly run with rude staff, absolutely disgusting bathrooms! No soap in the dispensers in the bathroom, toilet paper and trash all over the bathrooms, random "storage items" all throughout the building... in places where kids can get into things. Honestly, it is dangerous and I am shocked that this place is still open. I have tried this place several times over the time that they have been open, hoping each time would be better... and it only seems to get worse. Every single one of my friends refuses to take their children there anymore. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

Visited December 2012
Thank you for your review, we appreciate you feedback on our facility. Public bathrooms are a constant concern for a facility of our type, and we have added measures to ensure their cleanliness. Storage areas are being re-organized and moved. Children are our first priority and we are dedicated to providing a safe and fun environment for them to play.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
“Locals LOVE this place-”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I love this place! I read a terrible review that does not represent the way this place is run.

I live in Lancaster and my 5-yr-old loves it here. Weekends are busy, weekdays are great.

- helpful, kind staff~really look out for the kids
- fun bouncers and games for kids & parents
- great value

I do not work here, nor do I own the place or know those who do--
I just go regularly with my son and we always have a fun time.

Visited November 2012
Marietta, PA
4 attraction reviews
“Lacking in many areas”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Our family as been to several BounceU and have had great experiences so we were expecting That Bounce Place to be the same. Most of the bounce house are very worn with holes that are patched up. Some of the houses have so many holes they are lacking air making it unsafe to get out of the houses. The place is not very clean, the bounces in particular are dirty.
Many of the kids running around were not being watched by a parent and there is not staff around watching either. Several times younger kids were playing in the 4 and under making if very unsafe for the little ones. Several parents asked these older kids to leave and they wouldn't so a That Bounce Place staff we notified they did come back and have the kids removed but after they left the bigger kids were back in the preschool bounce houses.
Such a bummer it is not a place we will return to. We just moved to the area and were thrilled there was one locally.

Visited November 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Terribly Rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The staff here can only be compared to the movie Mean Girls! They are rude to both parents and children, even those that pay hundreds for one of their watered down theme parties. As far as cleanliness goes, this place is lacking it. I am surprised the health department hasn't been by since it serves food and has piles of garbage laying all around. If you booked a party, well, good luck with that! They overbook, and still allow public access which means that your child is going to end up being slighted in their bounce time. The pizza they provide is cold and don't even ask that they heat it or you will end up with snotty comments. This is the worst value and venue in Lancaster, even Chuck E. Cheese surpasses it and that says a lot! Missing doorknobs, missing features, unsafe/untethered bounces. Wow. It should really be a tip off on how crappy this place's customer service is when the first thing they want you to do is sign a waiver holding them harmless if you child dies or breaks something. Tethering the bounces would certainly help prevent a lot of that but since you sign the waiver, they don't really care to secure anything, or to pad the floors. Scummy place

Visited September 2012