Located right next to an elevated roadway, this hotel is less noisy than you would at first imagine. However, getting into and out of the parking lot onto pretty busy Route 462 can be just a little challenging.
The room was a small suite in that it has a couch and a bit more walking space than a regular room. There's a refrigerator and coffee maker in the room as well, plenty of room to iron a shirt. The one night stay found me waking up needing to stretch my back, but that's only a little unusual for me in a hotel bed. Plenty of towels, hot water, all the usual stuff. Needed a login for the WiFi.
The difference was the breakfast. It's free, meaning it's included in the price of the room, but it was either bad or bad timing for me. Whether I wanted a plate, an item of the hot breakfast items, or a drink, it was missing when I went for it with no sign of anyone paying attention to replenish the item. My eggs, sausage, and potatoes had to go in the same bowl after waiting (watched the movie on the TV a bit) for five minutes for anyone to show up with a plate to use. I went up for a second helping just to see how it would taste separated on a plate and there was no sausage and that never got refilled for the rest of my visit to the breakfast area about halfway though their time period for breakfast. Then - a little whining on the logistics - you arrive at the drink dispenser with hands full with a bowl, silverware, and another item and there is no place to set any of it down to grab a cup to get a drink.
I would return the next time I'm in Lancaster and hope for either better timing or someone else working the breakfast bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham is located in the heart of PA Dutch Country. Our spacious accommodations provide welcome relaxation whether you are here for business or enjoying Lancaster's famous attractions. Within a short drive you can find Sight & Sound Theatre, the Amish countryside, American Music Theatre, Dutch Wonderland, Rockvale Outlets, Tanger Outlets, Miller's Smorgasbord, Plain & Fancy Restaurant and so much more! We are conveniently located near most major corporate parks and businesses including Greenfield Corporate Center, Granite Run Corporate Park, High Steel, Johnson & Johnson, R.R. Donnelly, Lancaster General Health Campus and Auntie Anne's. We are delighted to offer complimentary amenities such as free local calls, free Wi-Fi and a complimentary hot breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lancaster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Lancaster Hotel Lancaster
- Hawthorn Suites Lancaster
- Hawthorn Hotel Lancaster