“Good place for birthday party” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2x Points Package
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
lancaster, pa
“Good place for birthday party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Had my sons 5th birthday party there, all in all, my son had fun, and that's what matters most. I had some concerns of my own, but took them up personally with the staff and management, and they did a wonderful and timely job in handling my concerns.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
WillowValley, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
Thank you so much for posting “norabelle”. We truly appreciate your patronage and the opportunity to fix the issues you had with your party. We are especially happy your son’s 5th birthday party made him smile!

Thank you again and send a happy belated birthday to your son!

717-464-7503

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

The Jacuzzi was absolutely disgusting! There was toilet paper floating around in it and the foam was brown and grimy. The lifegaurds we rude, and most of the time weren't even gaurding the pool. There were hanging out around the video games laughing and talking. The floors were slippery and soaking wet. We informed the lifegaurd and housekeeping came to mop the floor. While they were mopping the floor, they were making rude comments about the guests at the pool and we could hear every word they said. The overall staff was so rude that I would never EVER go back or recommend this place to anyone. It was dirty and grimy. Not worth what we paid to stay there.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
WillowValley, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Dear momx4frompa:

Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor about your recent pool party for your 5 year old. A hotel representative will be in touch with your shortly, if you haven’t already spoken to the manager.

Regarding your issues with our facility – Our maintenance team is looking into the issues you had with our Jacuzzi. Our pools and Jacuzzis are extremely well maintained by constant computer monitoring as well as hand testing daily. We will certainly find out what the issue was and immediately correct it.

Our children’s pool parties are extremely popular and we host many of them throughout the year! Our lifeguards are well trained to keep their eyes on the swimmers and I know the adults with your party were also watching your kids very closely. Our Recreation manager will be sure to review the security video footage to see if the guards were hanging around the video games and not paying attention to the kids swimming. She will take appropriate action as necessary.

Our pool floors can be slippery, however our housekeeping staff and our lifeguards are available to mop the areas quickly for your safety. I understand your party had close to 50 people, many more than we were expecting! As a team, we will discuss how to handle situations like yours in the future to ensure full safety of all guests at pool parties, and all guests staying overnight in our hotel.

Our Team Members are well known for their hospitality. I’m sure there was a misunderstanding when you overhead them discussing pool guests. Even if that is the case, our Team Leaders will be sure to review appropriate etiquette and how to serve our customers with the utmost respect. We pride ourselves on stellar service and will not tolerate disrespect.

If you have not heard from our manager, please contact me to further discuss your pool party.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

Stayed over for 2 nights for the first time on the DoulbleTree side since Willow Valley "changed". We stayed on this side for the kids pool as we didn't want to go outside to go back to our room. The pool was a big problem for my daughter who swam and then broke out in a body and face covering red rash for our entire weekend. The pool cholorine was so strong, my eyes were red and irritated from taking my kids Friday night. I couldn't wear eye makeup the next day. My husband took my son Saturday night and he couldn't stay at the pool very long either as the chemical fumes were really bothering his eyes too. Someone must have dumped a load of pool chemicals in the area. With the pool issues aside, the stay was nice. Our room was comfortable and roomy although the entrance to our bathroom was very narrow with the angles of the room. The closet isn't deep enough and the clothes and my Vera Bradley garment bag stuck out of the closet and interfered with the closing of the bathroom door everytime we used the bathroom...aghhhh. This area needs some attention. We ate breakfast on the old Willow Valley side and it was wonderful. We went to the Stockyard Inn for dinner and it was fantastic and they are so nice to children.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
WillowValley, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, February 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay at our new Doubletree Resort. I see you’ve stayed with us many times, at least three that you’ve posted about, and I’m happy to read you enjoy both our new products – the Inn & Suites and the Doubletree!

You mention about your family having a reaction to the pool chemicals during your most recent visit. I want to apologize and assure your our pools are monitored 24 hours a day with a computer system that is constantly checking the chemical levels. If any level gets slightly out of balance, the computer immediately fixes the issue. If for some reason the computer is unable to fix it, our Lifeguards are immediately notified to test the water and solve the problem.

But that is not all we do to keep our pools safe for guests. Our Head of Engineering takes a sample and tests the water (from each pool) every morning to make sure the pool chemical levels are correct. Finally, we have an outside pool company come once a week, take samples of all our pools water and test them.

It’s a shame your family reacted the way they did to our pools, but I can assure you, with all these checks in place, the chemicals in the pools were right where they were supposed to be as, regulated by law. I hope this reaction was a one-time thing for you as I know you’ve been swimming with us many times before! And we hope to serve you again soon in the future.

If you have any further questions about how we monitor our pools, please do not hesitate to contact me. I would be happy to explain the details further for you.

northern nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

We stayed several days, New Years week and had a wonderful time.. The hotel was VERY busy but they were up to the task.. The staff,,, from the front desk folks,, to the facilities director and her staff,,to the sales dept.,,, to senior management all gave excellent service, going above and beyond.. The property is in great shape. My kid's really enjoyed all the indoor pools, the game room and activities... The hotel restaurant turned out "solid" breakfasts and dinners and the wait staff was terrific.. For New Years the hotel had a GREAT !!! family carnival with giant inflatible "rides/obsticle courses.. They made it like an old fashion hometown carnival with games, foods and prizes.. We will be back again next New Years.. The hotel's location in the beautiful Southern Lancaster country side(about a 10 minute drive from down town Lancaster) made us feel comfortable... . The location is ideal for a short drive to LOTS OF THINGS to do.. Shopping, theme parks, science museums,,live theatres,, and of course REAL steam trains,,a first class indoor Railroad museum and Toy train museum.. AND LOTS more.... I hope to come back this way on business in the spring and play their on site 9 hole golf course that looked beautiful.. We have been long time Hilton Gold Honors members and would rate this property amonst the best DoubleTrees we have stayed at in the country.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

This hotel is beautiful, elegant and accomodating. My family and I enjoyed the pool and the hottub for a relaxing time! It was not that far from Hershey Attractions along with beautiful sights to see. The staff was pleasant and the rooms were terrific. Close to the outlets as long as you are driving. We will stay again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

Very nice hotel. Excellent facilities. Great breakfast.
The pool was actually two pools in adjoining sections. Both were VERY large and nice & warm. The kids' side had wading pool, waterslide, various play areas. Each was separated so big kids didn't interfere with the younger ones. The other section had a large pool with section for laps, plus a shallow section. Also hot-tub. Best hotel pool we've ever seen.
This hotel is on the same property as Willow Valley Inn & Suites. Both hotels have excellent restaurants so there are several options for family dining.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Eatontown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

The GF & I went for an overnight trip to get away and do the tourist thing. The hotel is beautiful, I was sorry to have gone only one night. The lobby area is warm and rich in decor and comfort. The room was great,the bed one of the best for a hotlel in my expierence. We had a whirlpool bath tub, shower stall and a nice TV. The amenities were good and the room was immaculate as was the hotel in general. Keep in mind your in a conservative area and this hotel is the only one in town with a bar and even that was low key. We had dinner in the resturant which was good and priced right. The pool area was nicley done and a little water park adjacent to the adult pool was cute and the kids we saw seemed to enjoy it. It also had a nice hot tub. The atrium is the show stealer in this place, Our room over looked the atirum with lighted palms and I felt like I was a 1,000 miles away from Lancaster PA. If your looking to relax and some peace & quiet with a taste of luxury , this is your place. If you want nightlife and dancing, you wont be happy here. I would def go back !! Oh yea.... have breakfast in bed... its a value and a treat !

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster? Share your experiences!