“Escellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Harrisburg, United States
“Escellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We have stayed at this hotel several times and have enjoyed our stay every time. The rooms are always clean the staff is very welcoming and accommodating. The water playground was a big hit with our two younger children. The breakfast buffet at the restaurant is exceptional.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We used the DoubleTree as our base during a visit to the Strasburg Rail Road Museum.

On the whole, it is your typically Hilton Hotel -- prompt, efficient, and large.

The room was quiet, although the hallway leading up to the room was noisy from the various guests -- TV's blasting, people laughing, kids screaming. It turned out that there was a Family Convention there at the time of our visit.

I give the staff props. They were very helpful. At 1am, my son decides to get sick in the bed...twice. Yeah, great. Too much macaroni and cheese from the restaurant. Anyway, my wife and strip the bed, and I pay an in-person visit to Housekeeping. They responded immediately, and helped to put things back to normal.

All in all, it was a great place for a stop over.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a Convention at the hotel. Get a room away from the guests, or prepare for noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manchester, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here for a wedding that was also at the Doubletree. Rooms were clean although a bit small. Reception area for the wedding was lovely, beautiful chandeliers made it very special. Food was also very good. Lovely glassed in pool area.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Hudson, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Good property. I stay 120-140 nights annually in HIlton properties, and Doubletrees make up a good percentage of this.

Great value- an added bonus is the trivia night in the lounge. Kind of loud but fun to participate in. Room was very clean, albeit a bit dated in terms of decor/ furniture. Would definitely stay here again if my business travels take me to the Lancaster/ York area.

Food and service in the lounge was well above average by D/T standards.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the golf course, best view
Mastic Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Located next to Willow Valley golf course this hotel is a terrific value. A short drive to downtown Lancaster and all of the local attractions. I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay here again.

East Orange, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had an excellent experience at the Double Tree in Lancaster, PA. The staff was excellent, courteous, kind and delivered good customer service. The hotel was nice and comfortable - it had a 'home' feel. We recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am currently staying at this resort. The grounds are well maintained. The cookie they give you at check-in is a really nice gesture. Unfortunately, I checked in immediately after finishing up a workout at LA Fitness, so I felt too guilty about eating a 350 calorie cookie. But, I am sure it is amazing. If I was a fatty or really hungry, Id destroy that cookie, but after running an hour on the treadmill, I don’t run for cookies. I run for wings, burgers, steak, hoagies, etc.

The room is spacious with two queen beds. The bathroom has a tub and a separate shower. The soaps and lotions are crabtree and evelyn which is something a woman would want to know, but I don’t care. They smell like lemons…who doesn’t like smelling like a lemon? I certainly enjoyed it. The location is a little far from town, but it is quiet and serene. There is no complimentary breakfast to speak of, so keep that in mind if you are a business traveler, which I am. Not a big deal, but you may want to wake 10 minutes earlier to get coffee and oatmeal somewhere on the way to work, since a basic oatmeal at the hotel is $8.00. The only GENUINE issue I have with the place is the layout. My hotel room has NO WINDOWS to the exterior. The only window faces the interior courtyard. When I get dressed in the morning, aside from the icon on my iphone, I don’t know what the weather is like outside. Not seeing the sun until I exit the lobby is strange and unpleasant. I would prefer to request an exterior window than have the fifth floor which is reserved for Hilton Honors members. I just never expected to need to request a window. Every single hotel I have ever stayed at just had them. You never know what you are going to miss until it is gone. Trust me, a window to the outside is a wonderful thing that I have always taken for granted. I will cherish every outside window from this point forward.

Room Tip: If you can't tell from my review...ask for an exterior window.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster? Share your experiences!