“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Kinnelon, New Jersey
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I booked this online just by reading reviews on Trip Advisor. We went to Dutch Wonderland and needed a place close by. I was so pleasantly surprised - it was a beautiful hotel. The staff was very friendly, rooms were clean. Went with another family and had adjoining rooms - the kids thought it was great. Restaurant was very good for both breakfast and dinner. Had dinner on the outside patio on a beautiful night and it was great because no one else was out there so the kids were ok to walk around. We didn't have time to use the pool, but it looked great. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It was a great surprise that it was so nice. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Emma L, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
I am so happy to read you were pleasantly surprised! We love when we can wow our guests, and I am happy we could do that for you! I hope to see you again soon, and thank you for staying with us! Emily Hall :: Guest Relations :: ehall@willowval.com ::

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Jamaica, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had a wonderful time. The hotel is beautiful and clean and the people working there were friendly and accommodating. My room was lovely with everything I needed. The kids and adult pool was fabulous. The grounds around the hotel were beautiful and clean.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! I am glad we could provide you with a great getaway! I hope to see you again soon! Emily Hall :: Guest Relations :: Ehall@willowval.com
Woodstown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My kids- toddler age- Love this place! the water area is great. We also enjoyed room service. We stayed in the suite, and it was very spacious and perfect for our family of 5! We've been 3 times, and we will be going back again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Emma L, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am glad your children have so much fun at our water playground! Thank you for visiting us every year, and we can't wait for your next trip to Lancaster! Emily Hall :: ehall@willowval.com :: Guest Relations
Marlton, NJ, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My grandchildren did not have any complaints, other than the space in the room was small. They enjoyed the children's pool. I will definitely use it again. It was nice to have a place close to the rest of the family, who are in Willow Valley retirement center. I have visited this area many times over the years and stayed in the old Willow Valley which part of it is now Double Tree.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Emma L, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! We are very close to the retirement communities, and are often the place families stay when visiting there! I am glad your little one enjoyed the water playground, and that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and we hope to see you again soon! Emily Hall :: ehall@willowval.com :: Guest Relations
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

This is our second time staying here. My son (now 4) and I first came last year for a visit to Dutch Wonderland. This year I came mainly for the hotel itself. The indoor pools are great and fun for my little guy. Both staffed with lifeguards. My son is iffy at best in restaurants so the room service option us great. I'm 6 feet tall so the large whirlpool tub is awesome - I lucked into it last year but specifically requested it this year. I HATE light entering my room in the mornings so the inside room (facing courtyard) was awesome.
To be PERFECT for kids though I would have loved an in-room microwave, Disney or Sprout channel (or Dvd player) and a playground of some sort nearby. The hotel really isnt near anything at all - even Dutch Wonderland is about 15
minutes away.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for coming back to visit us again! I am glad your little one enjoys our indoor pool and water playground so much! I also appreciate your suggestions as to how we can improve our resort to appeal to our youngest guests and their parents! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to see you again soon! Emily Hall :: ehall@willowval.com :: Guest Relations ::
East Meadow, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

It was pouring rain when we arrived. I waited in line for 10 minutes to unload my car with my 7 month old daughter and wife. No help from a bell boy. We arrived late and I went right to bed.. or at least tried to go right to bed. It was rock hard with goose down pillows. the kind of pillows that flatten out after 10 minutes. I woke every 20 minutes. The next day i was exhausted and couldn't turn my head to the left. After 2 days I finally asked for another pillow. Apparently someone overheard, because when my wife returned to the desk 30 minutes later, there was a line of people asking for foam pillows. The staff is nice and the food is decent. Good location. I'm not Amish and like a soft bed and fluffy pillow. I like for the staff to make my stay comfortable. If you're like me, then don't stay here.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us, and for giving us your feedback! I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay, that the weather was not as beautiful as you would have hoped, and that you felt our resort did not meet your expectations. We do not have a bell boy staffed, and provide luggage carts for our guests to use. I will forward your suggestion to add one to our management, as it is something that could help future guests.Our Sweet Dreams* bedding is provided by Hilton properties, and is the same bedding you would find at DoubleTree properties around the world, and I am sorry you did not find they provided you with the same comfort of home, as that is our goal. I will have our management also look into our bedding to make sure only the best quality is used! If there is anything I can do for you to make it right, please email me at your convenience, as I would love to discuss your stay with you further. Thank you again for your feedback, and I do hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations by going above and beyond for you. ::Emily Hall:: ehall@willowval.com:: Guest Relations ::
Parkville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel was a great place to stay for our family of 4 (2 adults and 3 yr old twins). The staff was very friendly and warm no matter who we passed. The warm cookies upon check in are yummy! The property is clean and has a lot of offer for families. The indoor water park is great for the kids (just be careful on the tile around the pools they are VERY slippery). We didn't visit the playground on site but it was nice know there was one. The lobby and main areas are gorgeous and picture perfect. It was a convent location for heading to the outlets, Dutch Wonderland or to ride the train. The hotel is great for a visitor of all ages - the atmosphere for the adults and the offerings for the kids.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Emma L, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for a great review! Our resort is really the place for families! Our resort is ideal for adults and kids alike, and it can even bring out the kid in us all! I Thank you for sharing your great experience, and we hope to see your family again soon! Emily Hall :: ehall@willowval.com :: Guest Relations ::

Been to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster? Share your experiences!