“Best Hotel Ever!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Allentown, United States
“Best Hotel Ever!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

As soon as we walked in we could just feel how great our stay was going to be. The rooms were great and very clean. The pool was fun and so was the kids indoor pool section. Thanks to all the staff for making us feel welcome and at home!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We're so happy that you enjoyed your visit with us, and look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Apalachin, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We come to this resort at least once a winter to enjoy the indoor water park. Our kids are 10 and 5 and they love it, but it gets deeper very slowly, so even the smallest tykes can enjoy the fun.

While I don't golf, the course looks amazing and my brother in law recommends it highly. He's the onle who intially told us about this resort, as he could enjoy the golfing while his kids enjoyed the pool. Now we've been there more often than they have been!

Long story short... top notch accomodations, friendly staff, and so much to do in Lancaster (including TWO kids museums and Dutch Wonderland which is specifically aimed at younger kids) this is a wonderful place to spend the weekend. It's more than I normally spend for a room, but well worth it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I'll share your compliments with our team, they will be so happy to know that your family had a great time on your vacation. And you are correct - there are so many great activity options for families when they visit Lancaster!

We look forward to seeing you and your family on your next visit to Lancaster! Thanks again for your great review, we appreciate it!
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We are a family with three children ages 9,7 and 3 and we spent the weekend in Lancaster as a mini vacation. We wanted a place with a fun swimming pool at a decent price so that was our main incentive for staying here plus the reviews were pretty good. First of all they boast about these "cookies" that they give you on arrival and they are supposed to be warm. Far from it although they were still soft the next day. The hotel was very nice and clean and well kept. Our room was nice but the layout was a little odd. the hall to the bathroom and its door were at an odd angle and so was the actual bathroom. The pool was ok...clean, not crowded. There was a wonderful kiddie pool with one big tube slide and a small frog slide for very young ones and some water sprayers....then there was the adult pool...much warmer...ahhh..and a hot tub. Overall it was clean when we were there although I did take my little one to the restroom and we first went for the family restroom and quickly walked back out. It was disgusting!...and to see urinals and pink urinal cakes...in a family bathroom??? yuk...the shower in our room was weird in that it wouldn't hold its temperature..it was constantly too warm or too cold..no happy medium...for long anyway...Loved the linens at this hotel. Towels were thick and warm and the beds and pillows and comforters were so cozy!!! We ordered room service and got a pot of hot chocolate for the kids...and it was more like very hot water with a little chocolate powder sprinkled in...by the time it was cool enough to drink, it was obvious that it just wasn't appetizing...not for $8! oh well...it was the thought that counts right? the most upsetting thing though was that they didn't offer free wi fi to the rooms!!!...what? You could get it for free in the lobby or at the pool but otherwise you had to pay! I've stayed at much worse hotels that at least give you that and there was no pay per view...just hbo..:( Overall, for the price we paid, $160+ for one night...we would rather stay at a Hampton Inn with complimentary breakfast, internet, comfy linens and warm pools..in our book it just wasn't worth the extra cost but it sure served the purpose and we were pleased enough and thankful.

Room Tip: If you are there for the pool, get a room close to it. There are a lot of hallways there.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post about your recent stay. I'm glad that your family enjoyed our various pools, and that you all enjoyed our Sweet Dreams beds!

Our wireless if free to everyone in our public areas including the entire lobby and restaurant. It is also free to Gold and Diamond HHonors members. If you are are gold or diamond member, please let me know so I can adjust your charges. If there is anything else I can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to contact me at 717-464-2711. We hope to serve you and your family again in the future!
Stony Brook, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were very satisfied with our experience and intend to stay many times at this Hotel. Nowadays, you do not get this kind of service. Please tell the staff and in particular Lisa Sellers, of our appreciation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristin O, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you, Dave, for your reveiw! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, and will be sure to pass along your good words to Lisa Sellers. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Lancaster!
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Just had an great conference at the Doubletree by Hilton in Lancaster, PA. This newly rennovated faciltiy offers a variety of sleeping rooms which are all very spacious and comfortable. The meeting rooms are modern and were able to accomadate our large group as well as our small workshops. While there is wonderful restaurant on the premises, the private dining arranged in the elegant "Palm Court", a 5 story enclosed atrium, was awesome. The staff including the front desk, conference services and sales & catering were pleasant and very accomodating. This is a great choice for business or church conferences.

Room Tip: Room with 2 Queen beds and a sleeper sofa - great for hanging out with friends Two room suite with...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for the glowing review, LJR86! If you have any suggestions on how we could improve your next stay, better your conference, or earn a 5 star rating, please let me know! We look forward to serving you again, hopefully soon. Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; koconnor@willowval.com, (717) 464-7503.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went to lancaster to see Jewel's concert which I enjoyed very much. We checked in the hotel on Wednesday March 13, 2013 and checked out Saturday March 16, 2013. Even though the room looked clean,I wiped all surfaces and draws with Clorox wipes. We checked the edges of the mattress for signs of a bed bugs infestation. We didn't see any sign of an infestation. On Thursday morning we had room service which wasn't to good. I'm the type of person that is afraid to send food back because of the fear of someone spitting on it. So we just ate what was mediocre and threw the rest away. On Sunday morning my husband went to take a shower and saw a bug on the towels that we used the night before. He caught the bug with a glass. He called me over. He was very upset because it was a bed bug. Naturally I was very upset and disgusted. I googled bed bugs just to be sure and at the same time hoping we were wrong. Sadly we were right. We took showers and got dressed before we called for the manager. She came upstairs and put the bug on her hand and tried to convince us it was a carpet beetle. We continuely told her it was a bed bug. She said since it was a bug that she would call Expedia to refund us for one night or she would give us a voucher for a one night stay.
My husband said ok to the voucher. She left to meet us in the lobby. I then I asked my husband if he was insane because i wasn't ever going to stay there again. So we met her in the lobby and I informed her again, telling her to look at the picture on my iPhone, because the bug in our room was a bed bug! She then said it was a bed bug. She apologogized and said that we could throw our clothes in the hotel dryer for half an hour (in case I was taking any souvenirs home ) or that she would gives us a roll of quarters to wash them outside. She also stated that she would call Expedia so we could get refunded one night. I told her that one night would not cover the trauma I was going through. We requested garbage bags to put our belongings. I drove all the way home feeling sick to my stomache visualizing these bed bugs reproducing inside those garbage bags. Thinking that they were on my body or shoes. Thinking they were in my car. Etc. the manager called Monday morning (March 18,) she told me that they had the room searched and exterminated. She stated that the only bed bug found was the one my husband caught. I believe this statement the same way I believed her when she tried to convince me it was a carpet beatle. today is April the 17, and we have not received a refund.
As for my belongings I left them in the garbage bag with the sun hitting it untill April 14. I then took it to my yard and checked every piece of article. I threw things away, ( books, toiletries etc), i didn't find any bed bugs. I then separated the laundry into seven different garbage bags and put it on my deck. Yes, I'm still afraid.
For your information:I was told by an employee of the hotel, that they had an infestation September of 2012. I will not disclose who told me because i dont want the person to get fired for sharing too much information. My incident happen 6 months later. Had I known of the September incident I would not have stayed there. I think that this information should be provided to the public. So all I can say is stay at your own risk! Good bye, going to seek mental health because "I'M STILL TRAUMATIZED!!! :-0

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We apologize for the very unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Our guests’ health and safety is very important to us and is always a focal point of our property operations.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention during your stay, and I would be happy to speak with you, or any potential guest, about this serious topic. We have investigated and have taken all necessary action to eliminate all potential concerns or problems. Our team members have been trained, and are continually educated on the topic of bed bugs. They know how to look for them, and what to do should a concern arise.
We have contacted Expedia regarding the refund of your room charge, and will continue to contact them to assist in securing your refund. You spoke with Dory Hoffman-Kumar regarding this, please contact her directly if you do not receive word regarding this at 717-464-2711.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Overall it was a good stay. Upon arriving staff was very friendly and courteous. When we got to our room and started unpacking I noticed a toe nail clipping on the floor, eeeek, housekeeping could have done a better job vacuuming. We headed straight to the pool and water playground with the kids after unpacking, the water in the kids pool could have been warmer, the main pool was a little better for them in temperature, but they warmed up with the jacuzzi anyway. Nice pool, small cute water playground for kids. Back at the room I did notice that when we started taking showers the water had a very strong chlorine smell to it which was odd. We also looked into room service since the kids were tired after a long day at the pool but the prices were outrageous, and the reviews of the restaurant online turned us away from ordering anyway, I'd rather save the $25 for pasta that might not be that good. There were plenty of restaurant options which were all about a 15 min drive, and also lots of outlets for shopping! Oh one last thing, their wedding venue is the open courtyard in the middle of the hotel so if there is a wedding be prepared for loud music, though they did have the dj done shortly after 10pm. I would say it was a good stay, only downfall is I wish I would have asked about their policy using debit cards because my hotel stay turned from $150 to $270 due to a transaction hold, hopefully that goes thru soon. Customer service wasn't very helpful in explaining either after some research online I found out on my own. That 800 number is hard to deal with, very thick accents and not very knowledgable. Anyway, sorry for rambling but good hotel, great staff, would stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I’m glad that you plan to visit us again, and that your family enjoyed our hotel! I will pass along your comments regarding the carpet to our housekeeping team. They are a great team that works hard to keep guest rooms spotless, and I’m sure this will be reviewed and acted upon immediately.
We look forward to hosting you and your family again in the near future!

Been to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster? Share your experiences!