“Their beet salad can't be beat!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #72 of 510 Restaurants in Lancaster
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
PA
“Their beet salad can't be beat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We go here to celebrate special occasions. We love the relaxing atmosphere and great service. But most of all we love their food. Menus are changeable and inventive. We always order the beet salad. So-o-o-o-o good. My husband (the traditionalist) got meatloaf and mac and cheese. The women were more adventurous. We tried mushroom and corn ravioli, chicken and fig marsala, and braised brisket. Dessert was exceptional as well - coconut cake and key lime pie. Can't wait to go again!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lancaster
“Cool vibe, yummy food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Dined on a Sat night with friends. Very cool decor in a rehab factory with exposed brick, beams and stone. Started with rich creamy crab dip. They had soft shell crabs as a special. Delicious with a cool corn salad. Dining partners had shrimp scampi, brisket, roasted chicken. All yummy and pretty. Dessert was a great chocolate torte. I was pleased because had heard that service here was bad. Ours was very good. I will be back!

Visited June 2013
Montclair, New Jersey
“Best steak ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I loved this restaurant. The food was so fresh and delicious! The filet mignon I ordered was cooked perfectly. It was wonderful! I can't recommend it highly enough!

Visited January 2013
Wyomissing, PA
“Beautiful Hotel & Restaurant, service & food kind of odd”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went with a friend to eat at the Cork & Cap just recently. This restaurant is located in a complex which is made up of old factory buildings which were recently restored & converted to a hotel, businesses, a restaurant, and apartments. The hotel and the restaurant are attached to each other. It's all very beautiful and well done, including the restaurant. So my dining experience was mixed. We went for lunch, not dinner. The waiter was friendly, but rather inattentive. The restaurant was pretty much empty on the afternoon in question, so the waiter didn't really have a lot of tables to keep up with. The only staff I personally saw was the host, the waiter we had, and a bartender. Could there have been more people that I didn't see? Yes, of course. I assume there was at least one chef in the kitchen, but the staffing in the restaurant was appropriate for the amount of people dining there at the time I was there. So I ordered a burger with American cheese and sweet potato fries. I asked for barbecue sauce on the side because I am not a fan of ketchup and I like a little bbq sauce on my burger. The waiter said "oh, I don't think we have bbq sauce here." WHAT? That is a very basic condiment in my opinion. Not the waiter's fault. So it seemed like it took forever for the food to come out...I'd say it took perhaps 1/2 hour. Not too bad, but again it was DEAD in there. So the food comes out and my burger was very attractive. I ordered it medium, but I don't think it was medium, it seemed more medium-well to me. It was still very juicy and good, but cooked more than I wanted. Oh well, it was still good, I didn't complain... I just wish it wouldn't have been done as much as it was. When the food first came out, I noticed there was a dipping sauce for my fries, so I asked the waiter what it was...and he says "that's a dipping sauce for your fries." Yeah, obviously, what KIND is what I meant. lol. It turns out it was a honey mustard sauce of some sort...It was good. I don't think the waiter was trying to be smart or anything, he told me it was a dipping sauce very sincerely. The sweet potato fries were good, nothing special really. The waiter did do a good job keeping our drinks full, we just had soda and water. The waiter brought us our checks and it took him a long time to come back and collect them...again, the place was EMPTY. So it wasn't a horrible experience, but not the my best dining experience either. I prob will go back again sometime, I'd like to check it out for dinner. I'm not sure why they don't have bbq sauce though. How is ketchup better than bbq sauce? Do they have something against bbq sauce? That was my biggest issue actually with the whole experience...SERVE BBQ SAUCE, not all of us like ketchup. Thanks!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“I've got nothing... But great things to say.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is excellent! Our server was wonderful and everyone was pleasant. The food was perfectly cooked. The atmosphere is superb.

• Visited May 2013