“Cork Factory Hotel Bliss” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cork Factory Hotel

You added Cork Factory Hotel to your Saves list
Cork Factory Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   480 New Holland Avenue, Suite 3000, Lancaster, PA 17602   |
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
San Diego, California
“Cork Factory Hotel Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had an opportunity to stay for two nights in Lancaster at this wonderful property. The hotel is a old cork factory that has been changed into a gorgeous hotel. It has tremendous character with exposed red brick walls on one side of the room, and beautiful furniture. In the morning, a continental breakfast is served in their restaurant which is also historical. The continental breakfast was very sufficient to get our day started on a good note. We enjoyed our stay and would certainly return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Cork Factory Hotel is a unique and interesting place to stay. The "bricks and large wooden beams" of the old factory made it a cool stay. The service was friendly. The rooms were very large and clean. I had the breakfast, which was okay at best. But, over all, a solid 4 out of 5.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lichfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed in the Cork Factory for 3 nights from August 29 2013.

The hotel is beautifully and sympathetically renovated and, I imagine, for this reason alone it attracts much of it's business.

Unfortunately, due to several negative experiences we encountered, during our stay, I cannot agree that the overall service delivery matches up to the high standard of interior décor.

On arrival, it was evident that the sheets, on our bed, had not been changed (several hairs in the bed and not head hairs) eventhough, the bed had been made up. Rang housekeeping and explained, the member of staff was quite defensive and exclaimed that the sheets should have been changed, he asked me what was on the sheets?? I agreed with him "the sheets should have been changed" I advised him of my discovery. Sheets were changed.

Night two. Asked the man on reception for a cork screw, told me that he does not have one and that I should go into the bar and ask the bar staff for one. Felt awkward about this as, after a long day sightseeing, did not want to drink in the bar, just retire to our room and have a quite glass of wine. Asked bar lady, she explained that she could not lend it to me, but if I take my bottle of wine down to the bar she will open it for me. Felt thoroughly humiliated, as there was quite a few customers in the bar.

Explained to the man on reception how humiliating the whole experience is (never stayed in a hotel that sends customers out to hunt for a corkscrew). Throughout the whole interaction, the male receptionist was extremely rude, curt and condescending towards us.

Breakfast was good, fresh produce and ample; staff servicing the breakfast shift were pleasant.

I note that there are previous trip advisor reviews that refer to the Cork Factory service and poor staff attitudes, but it would appear that the Cork Factory management are paying little or no attention to valuable customer feedback on this matter.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and stayed at the Cork Factory because we attended a wedding held there. We decided it would be nice just to walk to our room instead of driving to a different hotel. Great choice. Our room has huge with two queen beds, two easy chairs and a work desk. My wife was "wowed" when she walked in the room and the "wows" kept coming. We had no issues with any noise but we were on the top floor so no one was above us. Our room had a cathedral ceiling which was neat. Breakfast was adequate (no hot food) but it was "free". Although we did not eat there, the restaurant looked nice and had a great beer selection. My only complaint was just one elevator and it was sloooooooooow.

Room Tip: Although it takes a while to get there (slow elevator), the rooms on the 4th floor have no one above...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashtabula, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Cork Factory is beautifully renovated. It has a lot of charm with friendly staff. Spotlessly clean and smartly decorated. But if you are one of those people who want quiet, this is not the hotel for you. There is a lot of ceiling noise from the floor above; you can hear every step of your upstairs neighbor. We stayed when the hotel was housing a wedding party and the halls were noisy and smelled of food from the kitchen. However, that being said, the noise didn't last long and we weren't too bothered by it. It added to the quaintness of the hotel. The hotel restaurant is NOT recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bennetts Harbor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

First the good. The restoration of the old factory was amazing and it was very well done. It was so nice that it was saved and repurposed as a hotel. The rooms were beautiful. The food in the Cap and Cork restaurant was awesome. I'm a lobster lover and also a restaurant owner and I had the Whiskey Butter Lobster and it was great. My wife had the mushroom and corn ravioli and liked her dish as well. Now the not as good. It seemed that the training in both the front desk and the restaurant could use some work. The front desk clerk that greeted us was not a "people" person. She didn't do anything wrong per say, just not the person I would have greeting my guests. She was dry and uninterested in us. I would have a smiling person at that job as that person sets the whole tone for your stay. When we got to the restaurant the host was missing and we asked a server if we could sit at a certain table and they said sure. The host then returned and asked if we would like to see a drink menu? I said I'll have a vodka and cranberry please. Well he held up his hands to me and said "I'm NOT a server", and walked away. I think he was insulted. If he worked for me and I witnessed that, he would have been shown the door. He could have said I'll tell your server and make sure he gets right on it, or better yet just take care of us, like he WAS a server. Well we got our drinks from the server and they were good drinks. I asked the server if the lobster was fresh? He said "we have our fish delivered 3 times a week from philly. I then asked, "do they cook it here and shell it here? He said to me "I don't have anything to do with the kitchen so I don't know". I said would you please find someone who does know and get an answer to my question? He looked annoyed but said he would and came back saying yes indeed it was cooked and shelled here. Easy right? Kind of goes along with the job right? Otherwise ALL of the customers would have to bother the Chef to get their questions answered. They could then probably just place their order directly with him, right? Any way like I said it was very nice hotel and the food was very good and I would send friends there. But, if I owned this awesome place I would get some new managers right away, and get these people trained in customer service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Unique experience, that said, I could say Twilight Zone. Very poorly lit parking lot. When I returned around 11 pm, everything was closed with the exception of the desk clerk. It was a strange and worrisome hotel experience. I did note the parking lot to the desk clerk. She couldn't have cared less.

Room Tip: Women traveling alone should avoid this hotel. Safety in the parking lo is an issue.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Cork Factory Hotel? Share your experiences!