“A Great Place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cork Factory Hotel

Save Saved
You added Cork Factory Hotel to your Saves list
Cork Factory Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   480 New Holland Avenue, Suite 3000, Lancaster, PA 17602   |
Ranked #14 of 38 hotels in Lancaster
Aldie, Virginia
“A Great Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a getaway in Lancaster on February 15th-17th. I planned on proposing to her and was in contact with the hotel via their Facebook page for ideas on things to do and possible places to pop the question. They were awesome! They had many great ideas. The hotel was amazing! The beds were comfortable and the room was clean and spacious. The exposed brick walls made us feel like we stepped back in time. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They even dropped a congratulatory gift by the room. We had dinner at the Cork & Cap restaurant our first night. They had their Valentine menu which was really good. We never made it to the bar but the bar area was stunning with exposed stone and beams. We stayed on the 3rd floor near the elevator. We never heard the elevator but we could hear the people in the hallway from time to time. The floor squeaked above us and we could hear the people on the 4th floor walking around. This was an amazing hotel but I do recommend that you request a room on the 4th floor to have a quieter experience. We had breakfast at the Baker's Table on our last morning. The food and coffee was good. We also had their chocolate covered strawberries and a cupcake, they were amazing! The staff was also very pleasant at the Baker's Table. We really had a great time and will stay at the Cork Factory Hotel the next time we are Lancaster!

Room Tip: Stay on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My cousin and I stayed at the Cork Factory Hotel February 2013. It was warm, inviting and very
comfortable. We are so happy we booked our room there. Original brick and wood beams were
everywhere! Everyone we spoke to was knowledgeable on the history of the building. The food in the restaurant was wonderful. If historical buildings interest you, you will not be disappointed staying at the Cork Factory.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I were finally able to have a weekend getaway- and after searching on the internet for a 'non-chain' hotel- we chose the Cork Factory-- so happy we did!
Gorgeous place, lots of charm and interesting visuals throughout the hotel. We asked for a room with exposed beams and exposed brick, and our room was on the 4th floor- awesome! Large room, the king bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom kept the decor also(just a little dim on the lighting but that was ok).
The breakfast was upscale continental- gourmet baked goods and beautiful fresh fruit display. Quiet area for breakfast.. This will certainly be our choice hotel when we visit Lancaster again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindsey A, Manager at Cork Factory Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Tanya --

Thank you so much for your positive review of Cork Factory Hotel! It is always wonderful to hear that our staff and facility has exceed a guest's expectations. We will be honored to welcome you whenever you return to Lancaster! Thank you again.

Slingerlands, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed in this interesting hotel in January 2013. I like historical buildings so was attached to staying in this renovated factory building. I was not disappointed in the decor. It had character, with use of the old brick and wood that made up the original building. The ceilings of the rooms have the exposed wood beams and floor boards of the room above and exterior wall is the old brick. The bathroom was modern but still in harmony with the rest of the room. The exposed ceiling had a down side because the lack of a layer of sheetrock and perhaps insulation meant the sound of someone walking above was more noticeable although tolerable.

The weather was sub freezing and the heat was too high when we arrived and I was thankful for the windows that opened to help cool it down more quickly. The continental breakfast included in our rate was decent and I liked the restaurant decor. The staff let the coffee and a few other things run out and could have been more on top of that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your review of Cork Factory Hotel. We will certainly take the criticism of the staffing of our complimentary continental breakfast into consideration when directing the management of those employees. I am, however, glad that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable otherwise. I hope you will consider us on your next trip to Lancaster, Pa. Thanks again!

Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Your impression of the Cork Factory will depend on what you bring to it. For folks who love the visuals, they'll be anywhere from satisfied to delighted. I've been in similar hotels, converted industrial buildings, and generally find them a pleasure, and for me, CF was. Handsome lobby, pleasant room with a good bed, linens and shower, all more than satisfactory.

It was very quiet when I was there a week before Christmas, and was greeted professionally; checkout was the same. I only heard other guests once walking in the hall above me as I went to my room. The buffet breakfast was perhaps a little less than what I'd expect at this price level, and was completely unattended while I was there.

However, I am happy to report that when, about four days after I left, I reaized I had left a piece of clothing in the room, an email to the hotel was quickly replied to, the item found and mailed to me. (They did charge me for the shipping, with my permission, which was fine.)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

First, thank you for choosing Cork Factory Hotel for your stay in Lancaster during the holidays. I am glad that you were pleased with our decor and aesthetic, and that your stay is overall satisfactory. It is one of our missions to make service stand out to our guests, so I am thrilled to hear that our staff followed hotel procedures in returning your lost item days after your departure. I hope that you will join us again during your next retreat to Lancaster, Pa. Thanks again!

New Albany, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was once an old Cork Factory. It retains much of it's rustic warmth but with up to date materials selectively added. Even the hallways are stunning with their hand hewn wood ceilings and beams. Rooms are large with brick walls and wood planked ceilings on the top floor. The bath and shower are modern but refined with peroid fixtures and finishes. The charm goes all the way to the restrurant and an all American menu. Select rustic and local Amish funiture accents help complete the look. The style is warm yet industrial, from an lost generation. Expertly defined with just the right touches.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Lindsey A, Manager at Cork Factory Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your positive review of Cork Factory Hotel! We pride ourselves on offering a unique experience, and I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Please keep us in mind for you next stay in Lancaster, Pa! Thanks again!

Lancaster, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and myself had our wedding reception here and then spent the night in April of 2012. The staff were friendly and the reception could not have been nicer. The Cork Factory set the decor and menu up with my wifes input and it was absolutely amazing. The food was phenominal and mirrored the quality found in the restaurant. The overnight stay was quiet and comfortable but then again by the end of the evening or the wee hours of the next morning a brick cot would have been welcomed. We did awaken the next morning to a beautifully designed room that was both clean and overall breath-taking. The exposed brick and simple design truly the charm of this hotel and I would recommend this place to anyone needing accomodations in Lancaster.

Room Tip: Ask for the exposed brick.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

At Cork Factory Hotel, weddings are our specialty! Our dedicated wedding team will go out of their way to make sure that each and every ceremony and reception as just as the Bride and Groom expect. We've been honored by being named "Best of Weddings" by The Knot and "Bride's Choice" from Wedding Wire. I am pleased to see that your special day was no exception. Thank you so much for your positive review!

Front Desk: 717.735.2075

Been to Cork Factory Hotel? Share your experiences!