“1st time staying in Historic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cork Factory Hotel

You added Cork Factory Hotel to your Saves list
Cork Factory Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   480 New Holland Avenue, Suite 3000, Lancaster, PA 17602   |
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“1st time staying in Historic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I were finally able to have a weekend getaway- and after searching on the internet for a 'non-chain' hotel- we chose the Cork Factory-- so happy we did!
Gorgeous place, lots of charm and interesting visuals throughout the hotel. We asked for a room with exposed beams and exposed brick, and our room was on the 4th floor- awesome! Large room, the king bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom kept the decor also(just a little dim on the lighting but that was ok).
The breakfast was upscale continental- gourmet baked goods and beautiful fresh fruit display. Quiet area for breakfast.. This will certainly be our choice hotel when we visit Lancaster again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindsey A, Manager at Cork Factory Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Tanya --

Thank you so much for your positive review of Cork Factory Hotel! It is always wonderful to hear that our staff and facility has exceed a guest's expectations. We will be honored to welcome you whenever you return to Lancaster! Thank you again.

Front Desk: 717.735.2075

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Slingerlands, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed in this interesting hotel in January 2013. I like historical buildings so was attached to staying in this renovated factory building. I was not disappointed in the decor. It had character, with use of the old brick and wood that made up the original building. The ceilings of the rooms have the exposed wood beams and floor boards of the room above and exterior wall is the old brick. The bathroom was modern but still in harmony with the rest of the room. The exposed ceiling had a down side because the lack of a layer of sheetrock and perhaps insulation meant the sound of someone walking above was more noticeable although tolerable.

The weather was sub freezing and the heat was too high when we arrived and I was thankful for the windows that opened to help cool it down more quickly. The continental breakfast included in our rate was decent and I liked the restaurant decor. The staff let the coffee and a few other things run out and could have been more on top of that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your review of Cork Factory Hotel. We will certainly take the criticism of the staffing of our complimentary continental breakfast into consideration when directing the management of those employees. I am, however, glad that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable otherwise. I hope you will consider us on your next trip to Lancaster, Pa. Thanks again!

Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Your impression of the Cork Factory will depend on what you bring to it. For folks who love the visuals, they'll be anywhere from satisfied to delighted. I've been in similar hotels, converted industrial buildings, and generally find them a pleasure, and for me, CF was. Handsome lobby, pleasant room with a good bed, linens and shower, all more than satisfactory.

It was very quiet when I was there a week before Christmas, and was greeted professionally; checkout was the same. I only heard other guests once walking in the hall above me as I went to my room. The buffet breakfast was perhaps a little less than what I'd expect at this price level, and was completely unattended while I was there.

However, I am happy to report that when, about four days after I left, I reaized I had left a piece of clothing in the room, an email to the hotel was quickly replied to, the item found and mailed to me. (They did charge me for the shipping, with my permission, which was fine.)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

First, thank you for choosing Cork Factory Hotel for your stay in Lancaster during the holidays. I am glad that you were pleased with our decor and aesthetic, and that your stay is overall satisfactory. It is one of our missions to make service stand out to our guests, so I am thrilled to hear that our staff followed hotel procedures in returning your lost item days after your departure. I hope that you will join us again during your next retreat to Lancaster, Pa. Thanks again!

New Albany, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was once an old Cork Factory. It retains much of it's rustic warmth but with up to date materials selectively added. Even the hallways are stunning with their hand hewn wood ceilings and beams. Rooms are large with brick walls and wood planked ceilings on the top floor. The bath and shower are modern but refined with peroid fixtures and finishes. The charm goes all the way to the restrurant and an all American menu. Select rustic and local Amish funiture accents help complete the look. The style is warm yet industrial, from an lost generation. Expertly defined with just the right touches.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Lindsey A, Manager at Cork Factory Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your positive review of Cork Factory Hotel! We pride ourselves on offering a unique experience, and I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Please keep us in mind for you next stay in Lancaster, Pa! Thanks again!

Lancaster, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and myself had our wedding reception here and then spent the night in April of 2012. The staff were friendly and the reception could not have been nicer. The Cork Factory set the decor and menu up with my wifes input and it was absolutely amazing. The food was phenominal and mirrored the quality found in the restaurant. The overnight stay was quiet and comfortable but then again by the end of the evening or the wee hours of the next morning a brick cot would have been welcomed. We did awaken the next morning to a beautifully designed room that was both clean and overall breath-taking. The exposed brick and simple design truly the charm of this hotel and I would recommend this place to anyone needing accomodations in Lancaster.

Room Tip: Ask for the exposed brick.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

At Cork Factory Hotel, weddings are our specialty! Our dedicated wedding team will go out of their way to make sure that each and every ceremony and reception as just as the Bride and Groom expect. We've been honored by being named "Best of Weddings" by The Knot and "Bride's Choice" from Wedding Wire. I am pleased to see that your special day was no exception. Thank you so much for your positive review!

Lebanon, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

High ceilings with exposed wood beams, brick walls in room. Large room. Beautiful marble tile shower and nice bathroom overall. Quiet. Really a great room. Staff was friendly and efficient. Continental breakfast was nice enough - plenty to choose from including fresh fruit. You can walk to downtown easy enough. Great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your positive review of Cork Factory Hotel! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and that our facility lived up to your expectations. I hope you will keep us in mind for future trips to Lancaster, Pa. Thanks again!

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were excited to stay at this renovated warehouse for a romantic getaway. While the building is stunning, that is where the charm of the stay ended. We could have been in any hotel chain across the country. We splurged on the FIG package which included dinner and a gift bag. The gift bag was just that - a bag - nothing else. No other items included that usually constitutes a gift bag. The meal was delicious, but we could have gotten the same amount and not spent that much money if we had just gone there without the FIG package, so that was a letdown. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, but it wasn't really a romantic destination.

Room Tip: A corner room is a bit larger.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

I am very sorry to hear that your experience at Cork Factory Hotel did not live up to your expectations. FIG Magazine Lancaster provides the gift bags to the hotel, and we do not have any control over what is put into them. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your meals in the restaurant and that your room was comfortable. We do have a "Romance Package" that may have been more appropriate for the weekend you had planned. Hopefully, you'll keep us in mind on your next overnight stay, even if our property is not what you had in mind for a "Romantic Getaway."

Front Desk: 717.735.2075

Been to Cork Factory Hotel? Share your experiences!