“Read the reviews about customer service first” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cork Factory Hotel

Save Saved
You added Cork Factory Hotel to your Saves list
Cork Factory Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   480 New Holland Avenue, Suite 3000, Lancaster, PA 17602   |
Ranked #15 of 38 hotels in Lancaster
Burlington City
“Read the reviews about customer service first”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

upon returning from a great trip to Lancaster Sight and Sound, I had to look this hotel up in tripadvisor to see what was said. despite ranking 13th, the first 3 comments were saying exactly what I experienced, and so things didnt change. I wasn't greeted at check in, and for that matter not when I left either. The customer service was awwwwwfull. I am glad we went out to eat, I wonder what the service is at their on-site restaurant.Anyway, the worst service event was at breakfast, when we arrived at 9:15. breakfast is served, continental style from 7-10 am. Well most of what was probably breakfast was gone, and I mean depleted. When I asked the hostess about replenishing it, your comment was " not at this point". Not at what point I asked. and she continued, "well it is 9:15". Are you kidding me? 7-10 is 7-10, not 9:15 or 9:30. And after we escalated the breakfast issue and finally got some fresh food, 3 other couples arrived at 9:30. What would she say now" at this point"
So stay at the lovely historic hotel, good location, very nice rooms. But don't expect any B& B type of service, or anything close to a decent hotel either.

Room Tip: rooms with king beds, first floor, can't beat it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lindsey A, Manager at Cork Factory Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest --

I appreciate your truthful review of your experience at Cork Factory Hotel. As part of the sales and team, I can assure you that I am just as concerned about the service you received as you. As I mentioned in previous responses, we are cracking down on our front desk and restaurant employees. I hope that the service you received during your stay will not prevent you from giving our property another chance. If you could contact me directly, using the number or email listed below, to give me some more information regarding your stay, it would be truly appreciated. It is guests like you that we rely on to get to the bottom of what we are trying to prevent from becoming a reoccurring event. Also, I'd like to discuss how I can persuade you to give the Cork Factory Hotel another chance to not only meet but exceed your expectations. Thank you!

Sales Office: 717.735.2075
Front Desk: 717.735.2075

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent one night in a unique and spacious top floor room. Upon Check-in, sort of felt like we were interrupting the desk clerk; she was not welcoming at all. Saw her again next morning, still kind of grouchy! That first night, my sister and I entered the dining room at dinner, but kind of wandered around since there were two busy waiters, and no one else available to seat us. I caught the eye of one of the waiters, but instead of assisting us, he just stood and stared at us from down the aisle. We ended up walking out and found a restaurant downtown. The continental breakfast was well done and tasty; we had a wonderful and cheerful older woman working that service. Overall, I believe the staff needs to be more attentive and show more care towards their visitors.

Room Tip: If you choose the top floor, you will have the true "factory warehouse" feel with high, ex...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid review of the Cork Factory Hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our customers as this is how we can learn our faults and work to make each guests' experience a memorable and enjoyable one.

First, let me apologize for the lack of friendly customer service you received from our front desk and restaurant staffs. It is unacceptable and we are striving to put an end to this behavior. That is why it is imperative for these reviews, to allow us to make emends to our guests, and take the proper action with our employees to ensure that each and every guest is greeted warmly by a helpful associate. I hope that you will contact me directly so we can discuss your interaction, and hopefully narrow down with whom you may have interacted while you were our guest.

I am however, glad to hear that your overnight room not only met, but exceeded your expectations. Our historic property is unique to Lancaster County, so I appreciate your feedback regarding the rooms. Please contact me, using the information listed below, at your earliest convenience to discuss how the Cork Factory Hotel can persuade you to give us a second chance and leave you with the service that is expected. Thank you.

Sales Office: 717.945-1909
Front Desk: 717.735.2075
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here in September for a friends wedding at the hotel. We were able to check in early on Friday and found the rooms to be great. They have cool brick walls and exposed beam ceilings which added to the ambiance of the old factory. The bathrooms were sleek and well appointed. The rooms were quiet except when people were being loud in the small hallways. As a weddin venue it was a great location. The hotel has a good bar even though it closes at midnight. Continental breakfast was good, but nothing more than bagels and cereals with juices and pastries. Overall it was a good stay and would return.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback for Cork Factory Hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and the wedding that you attended in our facility. I hope you will keep the Cork Factory Hotel in mind on your next retreat to Lancaster, Pa.

717.735.2075 ext. 606
Sweet Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was very disappointed by the rudeness of the hotel staff. When I checked in the woman acted as though it was a chore to check me in. Yes it was a bit on the later side, but she was rude and was sighing as though I was being an annoyance to her. The elevator was extremely slow. It was ridiculous. I would have walked up the stairs but my luggage was heavy and I was exhausted to I opted to wait and oh boy did I wait.
My room was nice. It exceeded my expectations. The hair dryer was amazing. I loved it. The toiletries were neat- hollow soap.
The location was a bit iffy. I don't know Lancaster area at all. But it was in the "Urban" district. Urban = ghetto.
Then, back to dealing with the folks that work there... I was in town for a business trip and gone all day. When I returned to the hotel there was a wedding and a rehearsal dinner going on so the place was busy. There was absolutely no where to park. None. The front desk attendant told me to park where it clearly said "tow away zone." I asked if the hotel would then me responsible if my car was towed and I was told to park at my own risk. What? Then the other attendant told me to wait 10 minutes and I could take her spot. I told her I already drove around looking for a spot for 20 minutes, I wasn't going to wait 10 more minutes. They really didn't have any solutions for me other than keep looking and hope someone leaves. For paying $150 per night I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a place to park. Hotel guests should have guarenteed parking. Wedding and event guests should have to park elsewhere (in the tow away zones perhaps since it's not overnight) and the hotel should have thought this out because they were pretty much at capacity as far as reservations go.
So overall, nice place. Beautiful room. However, staff was rude and unprofessional.
I don't think I would stay there again. Check out the Marriott on Queen Street instead (where my business trip was held). It's much nicer, the staff is friendlier, and the price is comparable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lindsey A, Manager at Cork Factory Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

First, let me apologize in earnest for the lack of friendly customer service you received from our front desk. I will be discussing this issue with our Front Desk and Guest Service supervisors, and insisting that all of our front desk agents offer the level of customer service for which the Cork Factory Hotel is known. It is inexcusable that they were neither polite, nor helpful, during your check-in and stay, and I can ensure you that this is not level of service to which most of our guests are accustomed.

I am however, glad to hear that your overnight room not only met, but exceeded your expectations. We enjoy offering not only standard hotel amenities, but also adding some unique flare to otherwise boring and often overlooked staples. We do understand that our elevator can take some time, especially during check-in/check-out or events as the majority of our guests prefer to use it. This is why there are three stair cases (one original, salvaged and refurbished from the original 1860s building) with easy access to all four stories of the hotel. Also, I can assure you that the location of Cork Factory Hotel is far from "ghetto" as you mentioned in your review. In the almost three years of operation, we have never had a problem with our location or the surrounding area. Urban, by our definition, simply means city.

It is very unfortunate that you were unable to find parking. Between the three lots at Urban Place, there is plenty of parking to accommodate everyone, both overnight and event guests. That is why I am disappointed that our staff did not direct you to one of our overflow lots, either the center lot, or the lot available on the East side of building 6 in Urban Place. However, we do offer complimentary on-site parking for all guests, a luxury that the Marriott cannot offer their guests, due to their central-urban location.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, or to discuss how the Cork Factory Hotel can persuade you to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations, please contact me directly using the information provided below. Thank you for your review.

Etterbeek, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Very nice hotel, quite trendy. From the hotel it is easy to get to all the villages and farms where amish people live and work.
I did not like: I could clearly hear people of other rooms speaking and moving.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Lindsey A, Manager at Cork Factory Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review of the Cork Factory Hotel. We do understand that in certain parts of the hotel noise can carry, especially when the hotel is at its highest capacities. The designers made a conscious decision to leave the high vaulted ceilings, original wooden beams, and wooden floor boards in tact, rather than destroy its aesthetic and historic appeal. We believe this adds to the charm of our unique hotel. I do apologize, however, if you did not get the rest you were expecting.Otherwise, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you will keep the Cork Factory Hotel in mind on your next retreat to Lancaster, Pa.

717.735.2075 ext. 606
Patchogue
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed for three nights recently and loved the hotel. It is a really beautiful building. The continental breakfast included all the usual items from cereal to bagels, fruit and danishes. We did not eat in the restaurant but visited the bar a couple nights and had a really nice time. It is a bit of a walk to downtown Lancaster. In town, take the historical walking tour if you can.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor which had really high, beautiful ceilings.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lindsey A, Manager at Cork Factory Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review of the Cork Factory Hotel! It is always exciting to hear that a guest was satisfied, not only with their stay, but with the unique architecture and aesthetic design of our building. Please keep us in mind for your next retreat to Lancaster, Pa.

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had the pure pleasure of staying 2 nights at the Cork Factory Hotel in Lancaster, PA over the Columbus Day weekend. What an AMAZING HOTEL! This hotel is actually a converted cork factory that is 4 stories high and ALL of the character of the old factory is still part of the current, modern hotel! It is the most unique hotel t hat we have every stayed in! We were on the 4th floor and the ceiling was vaulted and the original wooden beams and ceiling was there! The piping was visible, as was the exposed brick wall. The restaurant in the hotel was simply amazing (food wise, as well as decore wise). Stone walls and the bar was made out of the original wood found in the factory! There is also a ballroom and outside terrace (3 weddings the weekend we were there) on the 2nd floor! I would highly recommendthis hotel for all the comfort and character that you may want to experience on your getaway weekend! We will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: I would ask for the 4th floor!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review of the Cork Factory Hotel! We hope to see you on your next retreat to Lancaster, Pa. Thanks, again!

717.735.2075

Been to Cork Factory Hotel? Share your experiences!