“Great room & good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country

You added Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2110 Lincoln Highway E, US Route 30, Lancaster, PA 17602   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Hebrew first
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is in a great location for Lancaster attractions. We took our kids to Dutch Wonderland, Day out with Thomas and Sight and Sounds Theater. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The breakfast was dreadful. The pastries were stale. The coffee tasted like dirty water. They did not do a good job of replenishing and they ran out of seating. It took them awhile to offer us seating in a nearby conference room. On our checkout day, they cleared the breakfast half an hour earlier than the posted time. Skip the breakfast in the hotel. Just walk over to the Dunkin Donuts in the same parking lot and get some real coffee!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Eric C, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I understand that our coffee is not on the same level as a Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks. However, I do not believe it is as bad as what is stated here. Our coffee is positioned to be flavorful and strong enough to satisfy a majority of guests. If you are used to a stronger blend, then ours will not be the same.
Our breakfast area has 38 seats. We have our meeting room set for additional seating every day when the room is not reserved for a private group. I apologize if the staff did not open this room early enough.
I am disappointed to hear the pastries were stale the day of your visit. I have worked with our vendors to get a better quality of pastry and I believe we have found a very good selection. I again apologize if food was not re-stocked as quickly as you needed. Breakfast can be very busy if a majority of the guests arrive at the same time.
I do wish you would contact me directly. I want to know what day we closed breakfast early. In the four months I have been here, we have not closed before our posted time of 9:00 AM. In fact, we are serving breakfast later throughout summer to ensure guests get a hot meal to start their day. Breakfast staff has been informed that the posted 9:00 end time is a guide. Breakfast ends after 9:00 when all guests have had an opportunity to eat.
Germantown
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel was clean, but, the trash cans were overlfowing. the breakfast was good, but, the wait for waffles was too much. the staff was friendly for the most part, but, i had a bad experience with one staff member. the halls are noisy, i wouldn't come here for vacation if i wanted to sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Eric C, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
I would like to apologize for the staff member issue. If you could contact me to give me more details for follow up I would appreciate it. Also, what area of the hotel was trash overflowing? Vending areas? Breakfast area during breakfast? Front and/or side entrances? These details help with ensuring cleanliness and areas we may need to improve.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country? Share your experiences!