“Thanksgiving Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country

Save Saved
You added Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2110 Lincoln Highway E, US Route 30, Lancaster, PA 17602   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Lynn
“Thanksgiving Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed at this Wingate for 3 nights during Thanksgiving. We were in town for Sights and Sounds to see Jonah. This hotel had everything we wanted (except for a pool). We were traveling with children so they expected a nice pool. The front desk was very nice. Check-in was smooth.

Our room was very nice and comfortable. Two double beds that were very comfortable, 32" LCD TV, microwave, small fridge, coffee maker, free Wi-Fi. The decor was nice, clean, and modern. Bathroom was nice. The hotel is nearly 3 years old - very clean. The property is very convenient to everything; 2 main outlets, Kirkland’s, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Wal-Mart, Target, Applebee’s.

The hot buffet breakfast was OK: scrambled eggs, sausages, bread, bagels, muffins, jellies/jams, make-your-own waffles, cereal, hot cereal, apple/orange juice, milk, coffee, tea. The only thing I would change would powdered eggs for real scrambled. If you DON'T want the included breakfast, there is a Dunkin Donuts within a 30 second walk, and a Wawa right next door.

However, be advised, that route 30 is a busy road. I heard there are back roads to Sights and Sounds that you can GPS to bypass the traffic.

The hotel has a small hot tub which we did not use. The excersie room has a treadmill, elliptical, and stacked pulley weight set, and TV. Bring a water bottle as they do not supply it. Our room faced towards the parking lot - we had no issues with the traffic noise.

We will be visiting again soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
John A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I would like to thank you for your kind review and hope to see you in the future when returning to the area. Yes; I do agree rt 30 is very busy, but with the great outlets and holiday shopping people travel from all over to this popular area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
RANDALLSTOWN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

over all I was verry happy with my stay , the hotel was in a great location near shopping and very comfortable . The staff was very friendly and helpful. The guest on that stay were off the hook sitting in the hall way drinking beer children running up and down the hall early in the morning and late at night . I reported it to the front desk several times but it never stoped . I asked to be moved to another floor but was told that the hotel was full.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

I am sorry if you encountered a bad situation with the sports team that was here that weekend. I did take action on this and and spoke to the team leaders and the action you speak of did stop. The front desk did take action as well and contacted me. I do not condone these actions and if you were to return you could take witness of this. We do have a very professionally run hotel and i hope this one group situation does not cause you not to return. Thank You
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at this Wingate for 1 night after visiting Sight and Sound Theatre. What I liked:
Comfortable Beds, quiet hotel, good night sleep, room was great (very clean, nice furnishings). Check In and Check Out really easy. Breakfast was ok. The staff was friendly. There are alot of restaurants nearby.

What I did not like:
Hot tub and gym were closed--we got there at 130pm, hotel is situated right on route 30 West which is a nightmare to get to when you are coming from 30 East. You need to cross over three lanes of heavy traffic to get to the hotel. Very dangerous--it was a miracle I did not get into an accident. There are no traffic lights so we are at the mercy of the other drivers to give you a break (and they dont) so you have to "brave it" and force yourself thru. It's a nightmare. For this reason only, I would not stay here again. Also, there is a 24 Wawa convenience store and gas station next door but there is no direct access to and from the hotel. You have to jump on Route 30 again to get to Wawa and then go thru the same nightmare to get back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
To me it sounds as if you liked the hotel but not the traffic. For the traffic Rt 30 is very busy due to the location of the outlets especially on the weekend in which you stayed with us. There are traffic lights just 100 yards down the road which does give access to the back of our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you return in the future to see us.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country? Share your experiences!