“Traveler beware” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lancaster Family Resort

You added Lancaster Family Resort to your Saves list
Lancaster Family Resort
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   2250 Lincoln Hwy East, Lancaster, PA 17602 (Formerly Ramada Lancaster)   |
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
Frostburg, Maryland
“Traveler beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We had hoped the reviews were not accurate, but should have known better. This place is awful. The location was great, we could walk to the Tanger outlets. But the condition of this hotel is completely rundown. The tennis courts are not usable, could not get wifi in our room, and no one dared get in the pool. The staff was very nice, but can't make up for the overall ambiance of the place. Find something else, anything else.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Orange Beach AL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It's now part of the Ramada chain.They really should have renovated it before putting their name on it. It's old, run down and smelly. Kind of like a crack hotel but without the crackheads. All the coffee in the room was decaf, so I asked a housekeeper for regular. She didn't have it on her cart but she promptly got it and brought it to my room. The only nice thing about the stay.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had booked this hotel quickly and didn't see the reviews. Take them to heart & book elsewhere. This place looks like nothing has been invested in it since the day it was built. Litter in the hallway, torn carpeting. None of the furniture in the room, except for the 2 headboards matched- all of it was chipped, scratched, etc. It looked like they'd gone down to a thrift store and stuck pieces in the room. One bed looked clean/made- the other looked like it had been made-up but not changed. Avoided the shower and just washed my hair/sponge bathed. The sink faucet was missing the plug over center of the handle (where the screw secures to the fixture) & no one ever cleans inside that divot- gross Stand in the middle of the elevator if you do decide to stay here- it was REALLY gross. Wi-Fi was inconsistent.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

To say this hotel is decrepit is a severe understatement. My family and I stayed here while attending Dutch wonderland's Halloween special. We usually stay at the Marriott in downtown Lancaster but figured it would be easier to stay here since it's across the street. How bad could it be we thought. Very very bad apparently.
When we pulled up I looked for a ramp/ handicap entrance and found a wheelchair lift that was out of order. My mother is disabled and now had to walk up the stairs to the front door. When I brought this up to the front desk I was met with a shrug and was told "it's been out for awhile". Wonderful. This should have been our red flag to get back to the marriott. But no. We kept going.
While checking in we noticed some sort of urban gathering in the conference room/ball room by the lobby. No big deal, it was early still so it wasn't an issue. More on that later, as it did turn into a safety issue.
We get the elevator and felt as if it hadn't been cleaned or serviced in the past decade. As we went into the room all we could do was laugh. This had to be a joke. The room was filthy. The carpet was ripped and dirty. The bathroom had mold on the shower curtain and hair in the tub. The beds looked disheveled and slept in. We did complain and they did upgrade us but it was the same in that room. The whole hotel has a icky feel to it.
The party in the ball room area was winding down by ten ish but that didn't stop the parties from hanging out in the parking lot until late into the night and some randomly walking through the halls knocking on doors. Perfect.
At check out we brought up our issues with the front desk who were very apologetic but at this point we were just done with the whole thing.
All in all I wouldn't come back if they paid me. I wasn't expecting a marriott experience. I know this is a budget hotel. What I was expecting was a clean room, a safe working elevator, a feeling of safety when staying there, a handicap accessible entrance. I got none of it. My advice is to just not stay here unless they completely refurbish the whole place. We will stick with the marriott

Stayed October 2014
Kingston, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2015

I have lost all respect for this well know hotel name. I should have know when we walked I to the outdated lobby that this hotel was in need of complete remodeling,but we were tired and ready for a rest when we checked I . The carpet on the way to our room was old, ripped and water stained. The room had not been vacuumed,there was hair in the tub and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 10 years. The building itself was tired,worn and dirty. I asked for a different room and was told to look at it before we moved. As the elevator doors shut I was disgusted by the grease,smell and condition of this elevator. I was actually scared I would get stuck alone. Needless to say the second room was no better than the first. We left and thankfully found a room a the hilton garden inn. I will be contacting ramada headquarters to let them k now of this slum that bears their name.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Algonac, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2015

please check before making a reservation they don't apply your visit to the wyndham records. there were no wash clothes in bathroom and when i saw the service person was told they didn't have any at all. there were no shelves in the refrigerator and the rooms need to be updated which the owner seems not to be interested in doing. we have stayed at this property for many years but after this last visit thats it no more.

Room Tip: go to another hotel , this is very shabby and it doesn't look like the owner is concerned about...