“Nothing special but nothing wrong either !!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Days Inn & Suites Conference Center to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1492 Lititz Pike, Rt 30, Exit onto 501 South, Lancaster, PA 17601   |
Ranked #27 of 38 hotels in Lancaster
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Nothing special but nothing wrong either !!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I booked this place through priceline "name your own price" so I didn't know what I was getting until the room was booked. Then I went on trip advisor and read all of these terrible reviews so I spent the week worried about what I would find when I arrived. I'm happy to say there is nothing to be worried about. Typical Days Inn, nothing fancy, but the room was clean, the bed linens, bathroom, etc all perfectly fine. no bed bugs etc. Yes the place had alot of kids there for a soccer tournament. That's why we were there too. It's important to be accurate if you are going to post something here. The place was safe, not scary. There is no strip club across the street, the place is a sushi restaurant !!! For what it is it was fine.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
daysinnlancaster, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy that you were satisfied with your accommodations. We would hope that if you are ever in the area again, that you would look us up. If you are returning, please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to help you.

430 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011 via mobile

There was a soccer team staying there who were loud and we couldn't sleep...the room was dirty and smelled bad the beds were uncomfortable horrible experience !!
Would never recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed December 2011
There was a large soccer group staying with us and we apologize if the children were loud and affected your sleep. As with all comments we take yours very seriously and continue to try and ensure all our guests have a positive experience at our property. If you feel that management could do anything to make up for your bad stay, please contact the hotel directly and we would be be more than happy to do anything we can.
Macungie, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

This was the worst experience I have ever had while traveling. My son was in a soccer tournament and we were required to stay in this hotel. When I drove up to the place and saw the broken out sign on the front of the building, I was skeptical.There was a lot of deferred maintenance on the outside of the building.(cracks in concrete and macadam ect.) I was assigned a room on the second floor(226) and as I entered the room there was a noticeable off odor. I looked around and saw in a corner of the room the ceiling had sustained water damage from a leak in the roof. The ceiling in this room had not been remediated. There was a large water stain and mold was growing. The walls were dirty and as I turned around to head to the front desk I was face to face with the emergency exit plan affixed to the door in a plastic sleeve filled with mold. I photographed everything and showed the front desk clerk. While she agreed no one should have to stay in this room, she had no other rooms to offer. She said she could reduce my rate from an outrageous $99/night to 69/night, which I'm ceratin is the customary rate when there isn't a tournament in town.I ended up leaving and the hotel they still tried to bill me for the room. OUTRAGEOUSLY BAD EXPERIENCE!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for making us aware of your experience while staying with us. The front desk did relay your comments to management when you departed. The room was checked and some discoloration was found on the wall from a leak but there was no signs of mold. The problem was quickly fixed thanks to you making us aware of it.
Elkhart, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

When I arrived for check in (late afternoon), I honestly thought the place had closed and was abandoned. Not one car in the parking lot. But alas, they were open for buisiness. The lobby was surprisingly clean and bright, which helped a little. Check in person was friendly and pointed me in the direction of my room. It was a dark and rainy day and my drive around to my room made me feel like I was going to be in one of those scary horror movies. Dark and unlit, not a soul around and the strip club directly across the street indicated what type of neighborhood I was in. I literally could not see the room numbers on the doors because it was so dark. Only after I got out of my car and got right up to the doors, could I make out a room number. It was unbelievable that they had "no" lighting back there at all. It was apparant this was a very old establishment and by the looks of it, should have been torn down. Once inside the room, it was apparant that an attempt had been made to update things a bit. It was relatively clean and the bed looked halfway respectable. I soon discovered the bathroom sink was 98% clogged and remained that way throughout my stay and subsequent housecleaning. Shower worked but there was obvious water damage to the ceiling above it and plaster was hanging down just inches from my head. Internet was free but slow. TV worked. Bed was comfy. Not sure I would stay there again. Just a little too run down and unsafe from the outside.

Room Tip: If you are a female traveling alone, I would NOT suggest staying here for your own safety due to the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed at the Days Inn in Lancaster for well over a month as a traveling therapist. It is very pet friendly (2nd floor only though) and had a nice continental breakfast, friendly housekeeping staff and a reasonable rate. It is an older hotel so not as new and shiny as other more expensive choices. Nice location and convienient to shopping and downtown. Will stay there again and recommend to other travellers. If you want luxury and more amenities pay more and go to another hotel, otherwise a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
daysinnlancaster, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to put in your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are continuing to make improvements to our facility in order to provide a better experience for all our guests. We hope that if you are ever in the area again, you will not hesitate to come stay with us in the future.
Plymouth, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed on October 1st and 2nd.The room was just what i expected.It was clean not immaculate,but clean. We had no experience with bugs what so ever.I would stay again for the price it was suitable.Only paid like sixty some dollars a night. What do people expect for that price!!!!

Room Tip: Dont expect perfection it is a cheap room rate
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Washington, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Arrived to find that this hotel does not have jointing rooms for handicapped and and non-handicapped visitors. Traveling with our adult wheelchair bound daughter and paid for two rooms which I ended up sleeping with her. My husbands room was on the second floor and her room was on the ground floor. Her room smelled like cat urine and cigarette smoke even after being told we had smoke free rooms. The smoke smell made her breathing problems worse.

Room Tip: Daughters and my room was filthy dirty with blood stains on the pillow case! Husband's room had...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
daysinnlancaster, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property. We take these reviews very seriously and use them as a tool to try and improve our products and services to our guests. I would like to personally apologize to you for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We try to keep all of our guest rooms up to strict codes of cleanliness. Any blemished or stained linens, or bath wears are to be disposed of immediately. Once again I thank you for your response and assure you that these items have been taken care of. If you do find yourself in the Lancaster area again, please contact me directly and I will make sure your next stay is up to the standards that we pride ourselves on at the Days Inn & Suites.

Been to Days Inn & Suites Conference Center? Share your experiences!