We wanted a modestly priced hotel very close to the theatre, in case the winter weather was bad. This place is about two blocks away and an easy walk - you go through an old covered bridge that has been absorbed into the modern day commercial area. The Target is right next door and there are many restaurants along Lincoln Highway.
The rooms are large, given the sofa seating area and are very clean and bright. Appreciated the safe, small microwave and fridge and ice machine on the third floor. Bathroom amenities included shampoo, conditioner and hand lotion. Decent selection of TV channels but no pay movies. Wifi worked great in the rooms. Tip: after you connect to the Wifi, bring up your browser and use the words on your room key card to log in. We did not realize you have to search using specific words to bring up the hotel's home page on a browser - in many hotels the hotel wifi page comes up automatically when you open a browser. This is not the case at the Comfort Suites Amish Country.
The front desk staff were extremely helpful, especially with advice on restaurants and what tourist attractions would be open on a winter Sunday (not much). We ate all our meals out.
Really liked that the hotel is set back a bit from the highway, which helps cut down on traffic noise.
It was a little difficult to work with the thermostat because it would revert back to a set number, and the fan blew cool air on a very cold day. Perhaps a heat pump? Eventually it would increase or decrease in temperature, based on the temp we chose.
It takes just five or 10 minutes to get away from the busy commercial area and into the beautiful Amish farming area. Recommend grabbing the big map provided in the hotel lobby tourist brochure rack (by the front door) and following it by car. We also really enjoyed driving through old York and Lancaster - the redbrick buildings and shops are lovely.
We discovered that there is a wolf sanctuary in nearby Lititz, and we plan to return in the spring to visit and will probably stay at this hotel again.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Amish Country Hotel Lancaster
- Comfort Suites Amish Country Hotel
- Comfort Suites Lancaster
- Lancaster Comfort Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just off of route 30 in beautiful Lancaster County. This brand new Choice hotel offers its guests a 100% non smoking property, 76 freshly appointed suites with either 1 King or 2 Queen Beds. Start your morning off right with our Savory Starts Breakfast bar featuring hot items and our waffle bar. Our hotel is centrally located to all there is to do in Lancaster, PA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Venere, Hotels.com, Tingo and Priceline so you can book your Comfort Suites Amish Country reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.