“Loved staying here with our granddaughter” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Equestrian Estates Horse Farm Bed and Breakfast

Equestrian Estates Horse Farm Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
Equestrian Estates Horse Farm Bed and Breakfast
221 Shultz Rd., Lancaster, PA 17603   |
Ranked #17 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
Cape Coral, Florida
“Loved staying here with our granddaughter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Enjoyed our stay here with our 13yr. old granddaughter. Linda and Dave were great hosts! Linda was very helpful with telling us about the area. Had fun walking around the farm and seeing the horses. Enjoyed our delicious breakfast. Felt very much at home and hated to leave. Had a wonderful time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
swnewyork
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

First, the good stuff. The owners are incredibly nice. Incredibly. And they do raise Himalayan kittens, which are probably the cutest kittens in the world. BUT... and these are big qualifiers: If you are not Christian, or, if you're Christian but not saturatedly so (if that's a word), you may find the plethora of kitschy Jesus and Christian-related decorations to be truly overwhelming and creepy. Lest I seem like I'm being overly critical, let's just say that while I'm sitting on the... um... potty, I really don't want to have to have a portrait of our saviour watching me. Amish (or in this case, Mennonite, actually) is one thing, but this was too much. My family literally wanted to leave, as the sheer number of inspirational knickknacks, pictures and sayings was oppressive; I prevailed upon them to stay, but they insisted on keeping the lights on, with one of them sitting up all night because the atmosphere was so odd. To be fair, and once again, I emphasize that the owners are truly kind. They were very conversant about the area, and pointed us accurately to great places to eat and tour in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms will acquaint you with Jesus more than you ever thought you possibly could be. And I writ...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Barcelona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Spending one night in this B&B was such a unforgottable experience...It's an XVIII house (I think...) with an "amish" decoration...it was amazing being in this place, and also having its typical breakfast. I could learn a lot and also see the farm, the horses..Great place to enjoy the Dutch County

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Kingsville, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

My 6 year old daughter, my mother and I stayed at the Equestrian Estates this past weekend for 2 nights. Upon arriving very late 11:00 p.m. on Friday, Linda came out and greeted us in the parking lot and showed us to our room. Linda is a blessing! The breakfast was great - pancakes, fried potatoes, omelete, sausage and homemade baked oatmeal with fresh fruit. The room (honeymoon suite) was very large with a jacuzzi tub. Linda gave us directions and advice on where to go. Linda suggested we eat at Dieners. My 6 year old said "This is the best food in the world". I agree. Dave took all the kids for a pony cart ride. Dave was amish as a child and turn Menonite later. They even have their own Menonite church service, if you want to go. Celine, one of the staff is friendly, she even took my daughter along with her dog Lasy, down to the creek. I cannot wait to go back with my husband. My daughter absolutely love it there, she did not want to leave. It feel like you are staying with family,

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

Linda is a delightful host and made us feel very welcome. I planned a mom and daughter weekend, and my daughter, who was 12 at the time of our visit, thoroughly enjoyed the animals on the farm, especially the kittens. The country breakfast was delicious. Definitely try the baked oatmeal. Unfortunately the inn was very cluttered and not clean.

• Liked — Friendly host, great breakfast
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2003

Cannot wait to return. The most wonderful people and best hospitality ever, the horses were adorable too. Hello to Linda and Dave and staff.
We will be returning in fall. Our little horse (paint) Thunder's SPLASH" is doing great, we love her. Thanks for the precious gift.

DAN AND LOIS KRUPPA

Been to Equestrian Estates Horse Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!