“The worst place I have ever stayed!!!! The room was so...” 1 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Lancaster to your Saves list
Super 8 Lancaster
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   2129 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602   |
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Pulaski
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been so satisfied with all the Super8 hotels, that I don't check the room before committing my stay. However, thta has changed. Now, I will check the rooms first. All the other Super8s had clean, organized front desks, clean rooms, comfortable bed, nice amendities. This one was completly different. The front dest was a mess, the receptionist was disorgainized and frazzeled. The room was dirty, the carpet was dirty with sections cut, the bathroom was ok, there was no carraf for the coffee pot, coffee packets only produced one cup at a time, the bed had a plastic/rubber mattress cover that squeaked and swuaked every time we moved, two lights had failed bulbs, etc. Need I say more? We were very disappointed.......we expected better from Super8.

Baltimore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was not happy this time with Super 8. The room key did not work. The bed linens had burn holes in them from cigerettes yet it was a non smoking room. The hotel was too warm. I have stayed at Super 8 before and everything was great. I'm not sure what the sudden down slide was but I do not like it.

Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Rooms were not very clean. Hallways were not very clean. Pillows were flat. Traffic was terrible in front of motel. Breakfast needed improved. Good location to restaurants, malls and Sight and Sound theatre.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Santa Cruz, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had been on Vacation from 8/1/2013 - 8/11/2013. We stayed at several hotels and campgrounds during this time and involved 2 reservations with Super 8 hotels. Each of these reservations were for 2 rooms and 2 double beds. One reservation was booked through Expedia (#160418147176 - Kingston, NY) and the other was booked through Wyndham (85906945) in Lancaster PA (2129 Lincoln Hwy East).

The reservation in Lancaster was a last minute stop on our way back home. We had been up in the White Mountains of New Hampshire and then to Cooperstown, NY. We decided to do one last stop in Lancaster, PA so our kids could enjoy a day or two at Dutch Wonderland.
We arrived at the Super 8 in Lancaster on 8/9 and checked in. We were given rooms # 208 and # 210. The first obvious thing of concern was the side entrance to the building. It had a security feature where one would need to use the room key to unlock the door to gain entrance. This security feature was broken offering anyone easy entrance to the hotel. The next obvious thing was that there was no air conditioning anywhere in the hallways of the hotel. We were traveling with 3 adults (my wife and I and our Au-Pair) and two small children (daughter age 4 and son age 20 months). As we were on vacation we had a full car with many items that needed to be unloaded.

I started moving things up to the room and immediately noticed the very strong foul odor and uncleanliness of room # 210. I continued making several trips from the car to the room to unload items while my wife and au-pair attended to the children. Once I had completed unloading the car I looked more closely at the condition of the room. It was absolutely filthy. The refridgerator, carpets, walls were filthy. I pulled back the cover on one of the double beds exposing the linen. The linen had obviously not been changed. The bed spread was soiled, wrinkled and had pubic hairs scattered about (see photos). A pillow case on the other bed had blood stains and the cover was torn. The overall condition of this room was deplorable.

My wife went down to the front desk to express her concern and to show them the photos taken. The women at the front desk did not want to hear what my wife had to say. She said that if we were not happy with the room that she would check us out immediately. My wife asked if there were other rooms available and the manager who was listening in (Shrew Krishna) jumped in and said" no you leave, you leave....you are here for two nights and there will be two nights of complaints). My wife returned and was shocked by the treatment she received.

We were not willing to stay in those conditions for two nights and I called the Wyndham reservations and booked two new rooms at the Days Inn. Due to it being a Friday, late afternoon and because Lancaster sees heavy tourism, we had little options available to us. I reloaded the car and eventually got on our way to the other hotel. We estimate that the total time spent at the Super 8 was 20 -30 minutes.

Later that night (8/9) I went to look for my glasses. (We had a yellow back pack that had three glass cases. 2 of these were cases had the glasses in them. One was a pair of Columbia prescription frames and the other was a pair of Maui Jim prescription sun glasses. I was wearing the other pair of sun glasses).

I was unable to find the back pack anywhere and we guessed that it must have been left in one of the Super 8 rooms.

The next day I returned in the morning (9:00 AM) and I inquired at the front desk about the missing back pack. The women reached below the counter and recovered the backpack and handed it to me. As we were driving away I had asked my wife to make sure everything was there. My prescription glasses were gone. There is absolutely no doubt that the sunglasses were in the case as I take great care of all of my glasses. The people at this hotel were very unreasonable and I saw no benefit in trying to file any complaint with them. These Glasses were just purchased in March and cost around $400.00.

The condition of the Super 8 hotel in Lancaster warrants a more thorough look from Corporate. In my 48 years I have travelled extensively and I have seen much. I can say without any hesitation that the condition of the rooms in the Lancaster Super 8 were easily the filthiest. Please see the photos attached and then you tell me if this is acceptable.

It was bad enough that we were put out by this whole ordeal. That someone would think that the squalor and conditions of the room were acceptable is absurd. The treatment we received by the staff and manager was very unprofessional and to top it off someone stole my prescription sunglasses.

I followed up by filing a complaint with Wyndham World Wide. They apologized for the trouble and gave me the name and contact number of the owner (Bob Patel (717) 393-8888 ) I called Mr. Patel in an effort to recover my prescription sunglasses. I was informed by Wyndham Worldwide that :we have notified the owner/operator of this facility of this incident and conveyed our expectation that he or she take steps to address it adequately". Mr. Patel took my call and tried to blame the loss of my sunglasses on housekeeping. I had informed him that it was his manager, Mr. Krishna that was likely the person who found the back pack since he was lurking around the hall way as we were reloading our vehicle. The bottom line is.....He has never gotten back in contact with me. Not only am I our the additional $120.00 for having to book last minute hotel rooms but apparently but to add insult to injury one of the employees stole my pair of $400+ prescription sunglasses.

If you decide to stay at this dump be warned. Wikipedia has a list of The Slums of India. They should be adding the Super 8 of Lancaster to this list.
I have included some photos for your own review.

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Don't stay here. Customer service was horrible. East Indian man on front desk as right down rude. The room was dirty, no fridge. The bathroom was dirty. No clock so had no idea what time it was except for my watch. Breakfast is over at 9:00 Exactly. They come in and start taking away the food even you are still eating. Rude, rude, rude. I will never stay here again.

Huntingdon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Did not have roll away bed that we had reserved carpet was dirty could not sleep on floor . Breakfast was not good everything out of a box nothing fresh no fruit. Will not stay there again

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Lancaster? Share your experiences!