“Decent place to stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Michigan
“Decent place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was a decent hotel. They allow pets which is nice. Just remember if you dont have pets...they do allow them which means it smells kind of petty....

The room seemed clean and the staff was helpful. Although they could dress more professional.

Overall a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
SCHAGHTICOKE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

we enjoy our trip to Lancaster. Your hotel was reasonably priced , clean and close to all the main attractions. Thank you .

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

TOMS RIVER
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I made reservations for 2 rooms at the Lancaster Super 8 for 2 nights many weeks before my arrival on Oct 18. The Super 8 corporate reservation representative who took my reservation confirmed that I had 2 rooms reserved one with a queen sized bed and the other with two beds. I called the Super 8 prior to my departing for Lancaster on Oct 18 to confirm a late arrival. The motel only had 1 room reserved for me and there were no others available for that night. The person working the front desk, Anna, was extremely helpful in resolving the issue. She was able to get me in contact with another nearby motel to cover the night of Oct 18 and found a way to get me a second room for the night of Oct 19. She was able to save my mini-vacation from disaster. I was very satisified with her willingness to get me a second room for both nights, and am disatisfied with my reservation for a second room did not make it into the Lancaster motel's reservation system. I don't know where the problem originated from - corporate reservations of the local motel. Also, my room was not cleaned up after the first night's stay. I had the sign hanging on my room door to make up the room but it did not happen.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

White, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The hotel looked ok from the outside, but the inside needs cleaning. The hallway carpets were dirty and stained. The room size was ok, but carpets were dirty also. It looked like they only swept the areas that could be seen. The nightstand drawer was broken, which was a hazard, especially since I had young kids with me. The cleaning staff failed to properly "stock" the room. We only had 2 towels for 4 people, no hand towels, and no cups for the kids. The bedding had holes in it. The clerk did not have a name tag on and argued with me when I asked for information about the rooms.I will not ever stay at this hotel again and I will not recommended it to anyone. I am very disappointed with Super 8.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Lancaster? Share your experiences!