“Great Rate/ Clean/ Great Service!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
Garland, Texas
“Great Rate/ Clean/ Great Service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

A clean Hotel and great Rate for 13 day's I am staying there!! Rabbani at the front desk is fantastic goes the extra mile in pleasing the customer!! Would love to have him as a employee!! Also Nicole is superb as well! If you want a friendly Hotel with good rates and clean and good Internet and T.V> Then this your stop in Lancaster pa.!

Room Tip: Just have your coupon ready from the book you can get at the rest areas!!Also the King room is the B...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Damascus, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Don't be fooled by the photos you see on the internet of this hotel or some of the reviews posted. I personally think the owners or employees may be posting the positive remarks! I reserved this hotel for a group of students on a school trip. I have been doing overnight trips for the last 15 years and this hotel is by far the worst hotel and worst experience I have had. When I checked in our group, there were two "unkempt" individuals (who I found out later do not work there) to check us into the hotel. When I told them the name of our group they "joked" that they did not have our reservation and had no clue we were checking in. (Our group had prepaid months in advance). When you have a bus load of students, this is not funny. WHen I became insistent that we did have reservations and had indeed paid, the two gentlemen starting laughing and said they were joking. Not funny! We reserved 14 rooms and at least half of them had to have the sheets changed. The sheets were stained and not clean. Several of the rooms had a foul odor. (The windows were open in the hallways so that should have been a clue). The shower heads had little or no water pressure. When we complained about the cleanliness of this hotel, the less than professional staff told us they would "take care of it" "change our sheets" and offered to refund our group $300. The mrg's name was Anna and she promised that everything would be cleaned and taken care of. However, that did not happen. The second night the sheets were still not changed and we had to complain again just to get clean sheets. Many of our rooms had four people to each room and we only received two towels per room. We also saw several rooms that had ladders propped up on the outside of some of the rooms. Never did understand why they were there? None of the hotel employees had a uniform or shirt that said "Super 8". They were dressed in too casual clothes giving the place an overall unprofessional feel. The "so called" security guard was very questionable and even pulled a knife out as to intimidate our students. (Our students were ages 11-13 and in the Gifted and Talented group of our school-good students and citizens). We think the security guard lives at the hotel since he had a room on the same floor as ours. He also made some hateful and almost threat-like remarks to our students/parents and they were demanding to leave the hotel. We did not leave because we had no where to take 48 students at such a late hour and did not have the money for another hotel. We all slept with our doors bolted, locked and with chairs in front of the doors. There was one time when I was very tempted to call the police. The breakfast was a joke! Expect watered down juice/milk and bread and water. They had a few little doughnuts and that was it! At this time, we still have not received our refund of $300 that we were promised and I do not expect to receive it. Our gifted group travels each year and we have always been complimented on our behavior and attitude. We have stayed at many hotels but we will never stay at another Super 8 again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Stayed here for two nights with my wife.Hotel and room was clean,breakfast was cereals,pastries,fruit juice,toast etc.Location very good too,ideal for exploring the nearby Amish country

• Stayed April 2012
Candor, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

This property is a wonderful place to stay. We travelled with 3 dogs and this property took us in at 11:00 at night when the Motel 6 down the road refused to honor their pet policy. The rooms were clean, nice size refrig and wi-fi in the rooms. Would highly recommend to anyone traveling to the Lancaster area with their pets!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Charles Town, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

This Super 8 motel enhanced our visit to Lancaster by providing outstanding service and a clean and comfortable room. The staff went out of their way to provide us with everything we needed. I, too, don't understand the negative comments about this Super 8. Our experience was enjoyable and very positive. Way to go, Super 8!

Bob and Nancy Moshier
Charles Town, WV

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I booked this on line because it is cheap and I got far more cheapness than I paid for.
Ground floor room was subject to constant noise of folks upstairs just walking around - terrible insulation.
I stayed 3 nights and the room was NEVER cleaned. I complained about it both times, and the management did offer 10% off, but the bed was never made and the towels were never refreshed.
At midnight on my last night, the front desk clerk called me and asked me if I had been "making phone calls" - I said no, and she said "are you sure?" I was thinking there was some problem with her switchboard, but before I could responde she says, "Ok, but if I get one more complaint." and then she hung up on me! I called her right back and discovered that someone had been making a false report that I was making harrassing phone calls and I told the cleark in no uncertain terms that this was a lie and I unplugged the phone.
Horrible experience, I come out here a couple times a year and I'll never stay here again.
Pay a little more and stay someplace else. The staff is poorly trained, management obviously does not care about providing decent service to the guests.

Room Tip: Book one in another hotel. There are plenty to choose from in the immediate vicinity.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Eastern Shore MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

My husband and I have been going to Lancaster for 20 yrs, several times a yr and stay at another poorly rated motel - we only sleep there-spend most of our time out and about. We tried this Super 8 for a change as the 'other' hotel really did have bed bugs. We will not go back to the other place we used to stay! Super 8 was clean, smelled like Roses (not joking, it smelled like flowers) coffee pot in room as well as a hair dryer and good size fridge in room. Vending machines on each floor and a nice variety continental breakfast. I asked for a room nowhere near smoking and was given one, staff is nice. My husband thought the best was that they had the Military channel! They allow pets too. For the money it's a good place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Lancaster? Share your experiences!