“Wonderful motel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 38 hotels in Lancaster
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Wonderful motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

This Super 8 motel enhanced our visit to Lancaster by providing outstanding service and a clean and comfortable room. The staff went out of their way to provide us with everything we needed. I, too, don't understand the negative comments about this Super 8. Our experience was enjoyable and very positive. Way to go, Super 8!

Bob and Nancy Moshier
Charles Town, WV

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I booked this on line because it is cheap and I got far more cheapness than I paid for.
Ground floor room was subject to constant noise of folks upstairs just walking around - terrible insulation.
I stayed 3 nights and the room was NEVER cleaned. I complained about it both times, and the management did offer 10% off, but the bed was never made and the towels were never refreshed.
At midnight on my last night, the front desk clerk called me and asked me if I had been "making phone calls" - I said no, and she said "are you sure?" I was thinking there was some problem with her switchboard, but before I could responde she says, "Ok, but if I get one more complaint." and then she hung up on me! I called her right back and discovered that someone had been making a false report that I was making harrassing phone calls and I told the cleark in no uncertain terms that this was a lie and I unplugged the phone.
Horrible experience, I come out here a couple times a year and I'll never stay here again.
Pay a little more and stay someplace else. The staff is poorly trained, management obviously does not care about providing decent service to the guests.

Room Tip: Book one in another hotel. There are plenty to choose from in the immediate vicinity.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Eastern Shore MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

My husband and I have been going to Lancaster for 20 yrs, several times a yr and stay at another poorly rated motel - we only sleep there-spend most of our time out and about. We tried this Super 8 for a change as the 'other' hotel really did have bed bugs. We will not go back to the other place we used to stay! Super 8 was clean, smelled like Roses (not joking, it smelled like flowers) coffee pot in room as well as a hair dryer and good size fridge in room. Vending machines on each floor and a nice variety continental breakfast. I asked for a room nowhere near smoking and was given one, staff is nice. My husband thought the best was that they had the Military channel! They allow pets too. For the money it's a good place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

AC/heating ducts were filthy.I was afraid to turn them on. Took almost 15 to 20 minutes for hot water to come on. The rug had not been vacuumed. They really need a good cleaning staff in there and it probably wouldn't be bad.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Londonderry, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We are actually staying here for the night right now but won't ever, ever return and glad it's only for one night! The room is sparse, no refrigerator like others mention, clean, yet when we first came in the room, there was a strong cleaning product smell so I wonder if they are trying to cover up something.

Our issue started when we tried to check in. We had a coupon from the PA Coupon Book. It read:
1-2 persons
$44.95
Add $5 for additional person
Add $10 for Fri and Sat

Since we were just "2" persons, I was surprised that front desk clerk charged us $49.95. I showed him the coupon again. He was so rude and said that the coupon said that it was $44.95 for the first person and $5 for the second person. When I showed him that it wasn't written that way, he was so condescending and rude to me, telling me that I was wrong. When I said that I didn't appreciate how rudely he was talking to his "customer", he said he wasn't being rude, but rather that I didn't understand the coupon.

We will never stay here again and would never recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Ask for room on side away from highway if you actually decide to stay here.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint John, New Brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I booked this hotel as a place to spend a night to break up a long roadtrip. I selected it solely because it had the cheapest price I could find within a 50 mile radius. I don't always go for the cheapest, but when I know I will only be staying there less than 12 hours, top quality is not a concern, just cost.

I saw some poor reviews posted in this site, but went ahead with the booking anyhow. I arrived around 7pm at night, check-in was smooth and easy. Room was clean, even had a fridge, which I was not expecting (wasn't listed on my confirmation). Across the street from the Super 8 there is a gas station with a convenience store (cannot remember the name of the station/store). There is also a Dunkin Donuts directly across the street. About a half mile away there is a Walmart Supercenter. My GPS also said there was a Target within 2 miles, but we just went to Walmart to grab a few things we needed for the trip.

Overall I recommed this Super 8 as a fine place to crash for the night. I believe this is very close to the famous Amish Country, but I wasn't in town long enough to explore that part of the area.

Room Tip: No harm is asking if you can have a room with a fridge. My reservation didn't mention a fridge a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011 via mobile

We've stayed at Super 8's before and found them to be comfortable and clean as well as.reasonably priced. We had no.reason to expect anything else. At first glance room was ok. A bit shabby. We dropped our thimgs off and went out. When we came back I asked for extra towels. There were w bath a w hand, no washcloths and no bathmat. The girl at the front desk said they did not have extras at that time. Also could not tell me the cost of the laundry. Came backlog to the room took the laundry over and went back. Sat in the armchair and the.seat cushion fell off, hurt my back, looked around and realizes the room is filthy. Took a hand towel to dry my hands and it's dirty. Spoke to front desk clerk and she can't do a thing other than talk to the manager who comes in at 7 am. no offer to make it right. Also no bathmat or ice bucket. Checked again still no towels.

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Super 8 Lancaster? Share your experiences!