“Great place for Birthday Party” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 20 Activities in Lancaster
Type: Farms, Specialty Shops, Ranch & Farm
Mount Joy, PA
“Great place for Birthday Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We had a birthday party, here at the country barn for my oldest when she turned 7 in October. It was the perfect place! They had horse rides, pig races, corn mazes, gem mining, swings, and so on. My girls loved it! Just thinking of it makes me want to go back. The employees did all of the work too so it was so easy. They are a really nice family that runs the show and I would love to go back again. Thanks for creating an alternative to the "normal" birthday parties. This is truly a fun place to have a birthday party!

Visited October 2011

anywhere
“always great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

This place is great. The market always has fresh produce, and meats. The owners are always around, and super nice. Have great activites in the fall, such as a great corn maze. We love to go punkin picking here, farmer Jim is great. This place is a great taste of Lancaster and always a great stop. They also have great whoppie pies, and other treats in thier market. We love the corn roasts in the summer.

Visited June 2011
Fair Lawn
“A great place to visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

We always go there and it seems to get better every year. The prices seem a little high but the atmosphere is great. Plenty of items to choose from for gifts.

Visited December 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic Venue for our Eco friendly-Local Grown Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We had our wedding ceremony and wedding reception at The Country Barn and Manor View Inn in September 2011. Our wedding ceremony was held on the front lawn of the Manor View Inn B&B - underneath the pergola. It was a beautiful landscape - fresh cut lawn, gorgeous fall flowers (mums and ferns) and white chairs for our guests. We had a violinist provide music. It was the perfect venue for our wedding ceremony. All of the bridal party got ready in the Manor View Inn and had a lot of photographs taken in the Manor and around the grounds.

Our reception was held on the 1st floor of the big yellow barn. It was gorgeous inside - we had a natural/eco-friendly wedding. A majority of the food was grown on the farm or from local businesss. The food was AMAZING! All of our guests couldn't get over how great the food was and neither could I. The vegetables were the freshest vegetables I have ever tasted :-) The meats - all natural roast beef & chicken BBQ were delicious. We had a dessert bar too filled with delicious treats from all around Lancaster County! All of our flower arrangements came from the farm/greenhouse too.

Farmer Jim and his team made our wedding planning process so simple! Our package included the ceremony grounds, rental of the facility, buffet style dinner, dessert bar, DJ, linens, tables, etc. (I'm sure the packages will change/grow). Either way, Farmer Jim and his team made our Wedding Celebration an AMAZING day. We were blown away by everything they did from the morning to the next day when we had a breakfast buffet the next day.

We also opted to rent the entire B&B out for our Wedding Party which was a great option and so nice to be able to walk across the street at the end of the night. The following morning we had a breakfast buffet (meats, eggs, juices, home fries, etc). It was a wonderufl wedding celebration weekend and the BEST value around Lancaster Co.

There are also so many great places for photos - corn mazes, pumpkin patch, around the animals, etc. There is so much more to do at the Barn - corn maze, pumpkin patch, christmas trees, etc. It is a FAMILY business and provides the highest quality of service, professionalism and price.

Bring your camera and barn boots - it's a FUN TIME! :-)

Describe the place and the activity
Say what you liked best & least
Tell us what to bring (camera, walking shoes...)
Say if it's a short visit or an all-day event
Don't

Use profanity, threats, or personal insults
Include e-mail addresses or phone numbers
Write in ALL CAPS
Report someone else's experience
See our Review guidelines for more information about our editorial criteria.

Visited September 2011
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Had my daughter's b-day party there. Very unorganized and just overall run down. The day started off with 3 different people telling us different places to go, the guest were arriving and my husband and I were still trying to find out where we were going. I asked a told an employee that I didn't know where to go and I keep getting conflicting directions his response was "Can I talk now?" Very, very rude and condescending. The "party Barn was a dirty ,dirty building with old yellow stained chairs and junk just stacked on the sides. Nothing was ready when we got there. The kids did enjoy themselves but I had to keep them away from the piles of broken glass around the petting zoo. The pony rides were ridiculously pathetic. As we were eating our cake and cold hotdogs an employee came into the party with a rather large dog. I had kids that were scared of dogs, allergic to dogs, and frankly kids were eating who brings a dog into a place of business where you are feeding young children. I asked if the dog could please go outside. They tried to get me to pay for my 1 year old daughter and I had to go get THEIR paperwork where it says 2 and under are free. It was by far the worst party ever and I have had parties at Kidmasium, Chuck e cheese, Cherry Crest, Field of Screams never had I experienced something like this. Oh and my daughter got a free shirt it was bright yellow with velvet letters ironed on, they were crooked and coming off and the shirt was filthy absolutely disgusting. There was one employee running little tractor rides (that is when the tractor actually worked) other than that you were on your own . I spoke to the owner after the party and told him how absolutely awful the experience was. His response and I quote" Do you run your own business? Then you know good help is hard to find" He admitted to their mistakes yet did nothing to try and make it better. It was absolutely pointless to talk with him! I am lucky that my daughter and her friends had a good time and we were able to steer them to the "safe" areas. As a lancaster native who is involved in alot of mom's groups and oter activities for my children I would NEVER ever reccomend for anyone to go here. There are so many other options in the area. Customer service was horrible, atmosphere was just so dirty and ran down, they obviously don't know how to run a kid friendly and safe place for children to play. Stay Away got to Cherry Crest farms of Corn cob acres instead!!!!