“In Progress” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 38 hotels in Lancaster
Bronx
“In Progress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I just celebrated out 5th anniversary. We had previously stayed at this hotel a few years ago. We noticed there is new management, therefore we received better service. Ambience is clean and definitely some improvements have been made in the rooms as well as the surroundings. There is still work to be done, but well on their way. Staff was very polite, friendly and eager to help. It made our stay that much more comfortable. For the economical price you get continental breakfast, wifi, and cable....what more can you ask for. One more thing, it is located in a main road making all your needs accessible. Our overall stayed was good and we would stay again.

Luz and Ray

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Nice clean hotel. Convenient location. Friendly service with offer of coffee /tea till 11 pm (as long as their office was open). Complimentary breakfast offered basic items like bread, donuts and some fruits. Definitely value for money and a comfortable stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

A week ago we traveled to the hotel ,We have been travel form Asia, We book 2 nights but we have to cancel once we arrive due to unusual circumstances, the manager help us very well he was nice, he took us to see the room we've booked. It was acceptable room. but the room was a bit old but overall good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I am currently in my room at this hotel for my 6 night stay. 6 NIGHTS!!! I decided to write this review now so that the horrific state of the room is still fresh in my mind.
I arrived around 5 tonight to a friendly staff at the front desk and a fairly clean lobby. And there is free wifi and cable. This, in my opinion, earned them one star.
I have one small dog and was told I had to have one of two pet rooms in the hotel and that they were charging me an $10 extra per night. Fine, whatever.
The man at the desk was very polite and helpful, although on his way to showing me the room he stopped to look at a car pulled over to the side of road. He noticed that whoever was in the car was taking a picture of a VERY full to overflowing dumpster at the edge of the parking lot. He immediately got on the phone and called someone who was later seen presumably redistributing the trash to other locations so that guests were not greeted with a 7 foot high pile of garbage upon entering the parking lot. Probably a wise decision.
The hotel room I was directed to was basic but appeared as.... Not the worst place I've ever stayed in. At first. After we were left in the room we started to notice that there was a curious smell on one side of the room. 3 hours later we still haven't figured out what the smell is, but we've decided that it's probably some extremely rancid smell covered by some lemon cleaner and the 3 plug in air fresheners in our room.
Which brings me to the plugs. There are 4 electrical outlets for use in the room and only 2 of them work. And one of the outlets are occupied with lamps and the A.C. unit.
I realize that this is getting to be a long post so I'll summarize the rest in a concise and functional bulleted list:
PROS:
● Nice staff and free wifi
INSIDE CONS:
● Rancid smelling room
● Peeling wallpaper
● Chipped countertops on the sink
● HAIR in the shower and MORE HAIR under the sheets!
● Frayed and ripped carpet in the doorway
● Shrill squeaky (Yes squeaky) noise the showerhead makes when turned on.
● A two by four to keep the window closed instead of window locks
● Broken Mirror
● Exposed wires
● Lose toilet seat and poor water pressure in toilet (needed to flush several times)
OUTSIDE CONS:
●Fencing around the pool is falling down
● Trench dug across the grass right where people have to walk to get to the pool.
● The stairways sport old broken tvs, door with peeling paint, and none-NONE of the doorsto outside even had a latch much less a lock. The back door on the lower floor can not even be closed. It is always ajar and cannot even be closed with force.
In summary:
I think my boyfriend said it best... "If this place was not old, outdated, and didn't smell like an armpit, this would be a GREAT hotel!"
Do not be deceived by the good reviews. This place is gross. Seriously. I will be uploaded plenty of pictures as proof.

• Stayed August 2013
Wilmington, DE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Room was damp with visible black mold on wall closest to bed and shower curtain. Hair on sink. Towels and washcloths were dirty. Sheets didn't fit bed and pulled off mattress, while top sheet and blanket weren't large enough to cover your body once you were in bed. Spiders on webs in door corners (hadn't been cleaned in...how long?). Toilet kept flushing by itself every 30 min. or so. Offered NO COMPENSATION despite having suffered through one night of this. Free breakfast? We passed on that!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Saint Clair, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Once again I had the real pleasure of staying at my most favorite place-the Knights Inn,Lancaster,PA.I was greeted by Mike and the entire "family"of staff in the usual very hospipitial way!
It was great to see the may changes that made the stay for all even better....there were new linens,new flat screen TV's,a lobby with more tables and chairs,24/7 beverages,a very beautiful paint job,and landscape job,and more!While all of the above is truly great,the CONSTANT TRULY GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE that was as ALWAYS made me feel at home!A heartfelt THANK YOU to MIKE and all at the Knights!Being a priest I have come to really value the kind of refreshing experience I had.I plan to return in several weeks.EVERYONE!!!!!-GIVE YOURSELF THE BEST!Go to KNIGHTS INN!
Fr.John Tokarick

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
East Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I reviewed this hotel shortly after new management took over a year and a half ago, and after a few more stays, I felt it was time for a fresh review. There has been much progress in that time - new landscaping; lots of painting, papering and carpeting; free coffee and juice all of the time; free use of computer in the lobby - I could go on. Freshest smelling room of any hotel I've been to. I spoke with the manager, and he indicated room upgrades will be happening soon (new TVs and furniture). Great free internet that doesn't require logging in each time you use it. Nice free breakfast too - and at the most convenient location in Lancaster. Service is unparalleled - when the manager saw my wife's back brace, he immediately told us to go to our room while he grabbed our luggage and even parked our car! Did I say great rates and a beautiful pool?

Room Tip: We have stayed here and never had a room we didn't like. Noise has never been a problem.