“Not Cheap Enough” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Not Cheap Enough”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Hubby and I go on budget trips, and we typically look for cheaper places to stay, most of the time we get what we expect, however, this place was rough. It had a constant bad smell no matter where you went (And not the typical bad manure smell that just comes from Lancaster County,) and I was afraid to walk around the room without shoes on.. and I have pretty low standards with that kind of stuff. Had the room been $10 - $15 cheaper a night, it would be the only draw for me to come back to it.

The only real positive is that it was very conveniently located to where we wanted to visit whilst in the area. The end.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Meghan P, Manager at Knights Inn Lancaster PA, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear customer, thank you for sharing your review with us. We apologize that things didn't work as you expected. we are really sorry for the smell and any other inconvenience that happened to you. we will surely will look forward to provide you better service next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

i love this hotel.. its nice quite.. everyone is friendly.. i love the staff here.. if a person will ask me what hotel will be nice to stay in i will bring them here.. when you wanna get away this is the spot to come.... trust me i loved it... thanks knights inn....

Room Tip: in this hotel all the rooms are grate
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear customer, thank you for taking your time and sharing your review with us. We are glad that you liked our service and rooms. You are most welcome anytime and will be happy to assist you.
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Don't stay in the second floor rooms. First room - Broken telephone, used ear swabs on floor and broken desk chairs. The manager took me to 4 different rooms before we found one that was the best of the worst.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear customer, thank you for sharing your review with us. we extremely apologize for your bad stay with us. we surely will look forward to improve our service better next time. you are welcome anything here at Knights Inn, lancaster and we assure to provide you better service.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Always enjoy staying here. Staff is very friendly and helpful.Rooms are always clean and I am close to everything. Its a great place for your money! In addition, it is very quiet! Always enjoy returning here!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear customer, thank you for sharing your review with us. We are glad that you always liked our service. You are most welcome to knights Inn, Lancaster anytime again we will be happy to assist you with same level of service.
Salisbury, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here when working in Lancaster. They went out of thier way to make me comfortable. They even let me check in 3 hours early one time when I got in early and wanted to get some sleep before having to work the night shift. The rooms are a little dated but are clean and comfortable. I noticed the last time that they are doing some remodeling to some of the rooms, so they are working to improve. And you can't beat the price and thats important when you are working with a perdiem. I would recomend them to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Meghan P, Manager at Knights Inn Lancaster PA, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear customer, thank you for sharing your review with us. We are glad that you liked our service and rooms. You are most welcome anytime and will be happy to assist you.
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed there just for a couple of days and I liked it. The staff were friendly and the place was neat. The Inn was comfortably located- not far from the airport. There are restaurants nearby where you could quickly go and grab something. Totally, it was worth the price. It was affordable and I would go back if I am going to Lancaster again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor community. we are glad to see your response. We are extremely happy with your wonderful stay with us. Also we really appreciate that you liked our friendly staff. Your are most welcome anytime at Knights Inn, Lancaster PA. We will be happy to assist you again.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I always stay at the Knights inn 3-5 months at a time before returning home to San Diego, I am a Coast jumper mainly for my work. The manager Mike has gone above his duty. I consider him more of a personal friend now. He looks out for everyone with genuine care. You don't see this often elsewhere. I love that I can dine & shop within minutes of this hotel. The breakfast is convenient too since it takes me forever to get my day going. I can just go grab it and relax. They just recently put a computer in the lobby which is a great addition. I am always happy to stay here when I return back from the West Coast. It feels like home away from home. Tourist season is approaching so I suggest you book ahead of time for this great value. Signed, Happy traveller Coast to Coast! :-)

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. we are glad to see your response. We are extremely happy with your nice stay with us. Also we really appreciate that you liked our breakfast and other facilities of our hotel. We will be happy to see you again at Knights Inn, Lancaster. We commit to give you same level of service to you next time.

Been to Knights Inn Lancaster PA? Share your experiences!