“DISGUSTING” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Audubon
“DISGUSTING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Recent stay on dec 7, 2012...room smelled of mildew...bed like sleeping on concrete...pillows thin as pancakes...mold all over bathroom and under sink...water stains on tiles in bathroom...toilet didn't flush...man who checked us in was ignorant as hell...hair on sheets...we slept fully clothed because we were afraid of bugs..wifi didnt work in room...no microwave in room you had to share 1 per floor... Most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in. This place should be demolished and fined for allowing people to even step foot in that petrie dish

Room Tip: Stay at the Red Caboose Motel and Restaurant in Strasburg near the railroad. We stayed there the fol...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Meghan P, Manager at Knights Inn Lancaster PA, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review. we heartily apologize for your inconvenient stay here at Knights Inn, Lancaster. we are apologize for not getting upto your expectations and your review helped us to provide service better and so now we have more than 5 pillows in each room and we fixed the wifi and it works better now. once again we are really sorry for your bad stay and will happy to proivde you better service next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at this Knights Inn for 3 days in November 2012. I have stayed in knights inn before, but this was one of the worst. It wasn't even worth the $43 a night I spent on it. The floors were dirty and one of the lights didn't work. The worst part about it was the beds were hard and the bedding was itchy. The sheets were so old and thin that when one of the corners came off and I tried to pull it back on, it ripped. I'm glad I actually brought my own pillow, so I could get sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I booked this room for my Mother and I to celebrate her birthday in Lancaster. Knowing that Knights Inns are part of the Wyndham family I expected a decent if not above average facility. Boy was I ever wrong. The check in process was just OK- the clerk did not understand or speak English very well. We did get the room that we booked, however, it was deplorable. The wall paper was beyond UGLY and was peeling due I guess to the numerous leaks that left water stains on the ceiling and down the walls. Now I can deal with a room that just needs some cosmetic help. However, I CAN NOT and WILL NOT deal with pubic hair in the bed linens!!!! The bathroom was a petrie dish for mold and mildew. Each room was advertised to have a mini fridge and microwave. Ours did have the fridge, however, the microwave was in the hallway for the entire floor to share!!!! Needless to say I took my mother out of there. Please whatever you do STAY AWAY from this hotel.

Room Tip: I do not believe that there are any good rooms here
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
long island, new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

this is my second review of the Knights Inn, Lancaster PA. For the senior rate of $39.00 per night how can you go wrong. The place is clean, beds comfortable, great working wifi, good shower, soft towels and a fridge in the room. The managements cares about their customer. I always get a nice greeting when I walk through the door.The hotel is convenient to everything that Lancaster has to offer. The inn is very quiet at night not a peep and the place was fairly full. The continental breakfast looked adequit with some muffins, fruit, cereal and coffee.Listen, this is not a luxury resort but you can not beat the value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I am a advid traveler do to work I have stayed at hundreds of hotels as I travel for work I saw all the bad reviews for this place and decided to stay here to see if it all was true I must remind people just cause one thing doesn't go your way doesn't mean you give poor reviews that's not what this site is about as for my stay the check inn person was very friendly and knowledgeable the room was clean and I was up all night it was very quite I had a very pleasurable stay and will stay here again when I'm in the area I have no complaints about this hotel the cost is cheap and again you don't get the ritz for 40$ a night

• Stayed October 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

you know by the price it will not be the grand hotel BUT the beds are comfy (pillows need work bring your own as i did) the bath room has lots of water and good and hot too (cleaning crew needs help) towels are steel wool bring your own...but when you have lots of kids and little money this is the best..owner is so nice...really wants to please you...coffee in good with cereal, mini muffins fruit and toast, enough to get you on your way...the room was good size, with a micro wave and mini refrigerator (ours did not work) but we were not needing one and they did offer to replace them... like I said the owner wants to please and at $40.00 a night divided by 4 people...I WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN! plus friendly and tons of places to eat in walking distance! AC is working fine! bring ear plugs the doors slam loudly!

Room Tip: doors slam loud so bring ear plugs!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Knights Inn Lancaster PA? Share your experiences!