“Stay Away!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 38 hotels in Lancaster
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Stay Away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I booked this room for my Mother and I to celebrate her birthday in Lancaster. Knowing that Knights Inns are part of the Wyndham family I expected a decent if not above average facility. Boy was I ever wrong. The check in process was just OK- the clerk did not understand or speak English very well. We did get the room that we booked, however, it was deplorable. The wall paper was beyond UGLY and was peeling due I guess to the numerous leaks that left water stains on the ceiling and down the walls. Now I can deal with a room that just needs some cosmetic help. However, I CAN NOT and WILL NOT deal with pubic hair in the bed linens!!!! The bathroom was a petrie dish for mold and mildew. Each room was advertised to have a mini fridge and microwave. Ours did have the fridge, however, the microwave was in the hallway for the entire floor to share!!!! Needless to say I took my mother out of there. Please whatever you do STAY AWAY from this hotel.

Room Tip: I do not believe that there are any good rooms here
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
long island, new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

this is my second review of the Knights Inn, Lancaster PA. For the senior rate of $39.00 per night how can you go wrong. The place is clean, beds comfortable, great working wifi, good shower, soft towels and a fridge in the room. The managements cares about their customer. I always get a nice greeting when I walk through the door.The hotel is convenient to everything that Lancaster has to offer. The inn is very quiet at night not a peep and the place was fairly full. The continental breakfast looked adequit with some muffins, fruit, cereal and coffee.Listen, this is not a luxury resort but you can not beat the value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I am a advid traveler do to work I have stayed at hundreds of hotels as I travel for work I saw all the bad reviews for this place and decided to stay here to see if it all was true I must remind people just cause one thing doesn't go your way doesn't mean you give poor reviews that's not what this site is about as for my stay the check inn person was very friendly and knowledgeable the room was clean and I was up all night it was very quite I had a very pleasurable stay and will stay here again when I'm in the area I have no complaints about this hotel the cost is cheap and again you don't get the ritz for 40$ a night

• Stayed October 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

you know by the price it will not be the grand hotel BUT the beds are comfy (pillows need work bring your own as i did) the bath room has lots of water and good and hot too (cleaning crew needs help) towels are steel wool bring your own...but when you have lots of kids and little money this is the best..owner is so nice...really wants to please you...coffee in good with cereal, mini muffins fruit and toast, enough to get you on your way...the room was good size, with a micro wave and mini refrigerator (ours did not work) but we were not needing one and they did offer to replace them... like I said the owner wants to please and at $40.00 a night divided by 4 people...I WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN! plus friendly and tons of places to eat in walking distance! AC is working fine! bring ear plugs the doors slam loudly!

Room Tip: doors slam loud so bring ear plugs!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

When we checked in, the receptionist was friendly which got our hopes up. Unfortunately, what followed was a series of disappointments. We don't have high expectations when we book one of the cheapest motels in the area, but we do expect a certain level of cleanliness. The room we were put in was only cleaned superficially and there were hairs and other things all over the blankets. Old cobwebs on the ceiling and dirt in every nook and cranny.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Friendly staff, but speaking English wasn't their strong suit

Cons:
- Dirty and worn out room
- Breakfast was very bad. The apple juice smelled and tasted foul, which probably indicates that the dispenser hadn't been cleaned for a very long time and probably had mould somewhere. The jelly looked bad too and after a little taste we decided to eat our toasts plain.
- Noisy air conditioner made it impossible to sleep with it on. Fortunately it had rained that day so we could sleep with our windows open.
- The smell in the hallway and rooms was masked by Febreze but you could still smell something was wrong here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

True, the rooms and hallways are quite a bit dated and the facilities need upgrading. But, if you just need a place to sleep for the night in vicinity, and if you cannot find anything else, the rooms here are adequate for Dutch Wonderland.

Room Tip: See the room first.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Lancaster PA? Share your experiences!