“An excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Fulton Steamboat Inn
Routes 30 and 896, Lancaster, PA 17602   |
Ranked #2 of 38 hotels in Lancaster
Baltimore, Maryland
“An excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My self and two sisters stayed here on December 17,2012, the place was beautiful! Our rooms were very clean and beautiful. The decore was excellent! I am going to tell all my friends about this place, i am looking forward to coming back soon. Also the whole place was decorated so beautiful for christmas. Lancaster, Pa. is the best, Sight and Sound was wonderful!

Room Tip: All of the rooms will be great!

1,313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

This by far the best value hotel we state at during our trip. Essentially it's a 5 star hotel at a very very reasonable price. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean, the beds super comfy, and the service very friendly. The included buffet breakfast was also very good. I'd definitely recommend stayin at this hotel. You would never be able to find this sort of hotel at this price elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have stayed at the Fulton Steamboat Inn 4 times so far and plan to go back as often as we can. You can't ask for a better place to stay in Lancaster, PA. The staff is extremely friendly. The entire Inn, including the rooms, are clean and beautifully decorated, and my 4 year old absolutely loves the duck pond, fish pond, play area, and pool.

Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

To start out, I am a Embassy Suite person, I love to stay at Hilton's as the service is always wonderful.
This time I decided to break the trend as a friend had suggested this place and stayed at steamboat for 3 nights.
We loved every moment of it. The place is beautifully decorated. It is extremely clean and very kids friendly. I loved the nautical theme.
I had 2 girls with me and the little one loved to go for a stroll and the staff was so wonderful, that they made a point to say hello to them.
We ate at the huckleberry restaurant and the food was really really good. The cheese omelette tasted extremely good. Service was very very good.
Dutch winter land is stone throw away and is really very good place for kids.

All of us loved this place and we plan on visiting them again in Sept.

Thanks for the wonderful memories Captain :)

Room Tip: Choose 1st floor as you can see fishes swimming by.
Roselle Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have stayed at the steamboat about 8 times already. We go right after christmas for a 3 night stay every year with my 3 girls. We always stay in a king bunk room and the beds are always comfortable and room clean. We really love this place!! Since our last stay we noticed they have upgraded the playground equipment and is very nice. They also added a trundle bed to the bunks for extra room. This place is just so cozy and quaint we just love staying here and always seems better each time we visit. The place is decorated for the holidays and makes it even more magical. This past visit we ate here for the first time in the lounge and had a great meal. Loved the jukebox to listen to music while we were eating and drinking. Our server which was also the bartender (David) was excellent!!! He treated me & the kids very nicely and was funny! They made a tiny mistake with our dinner which wasnt a big deal to me at all and made up for it with free dessert for me & my daughter which i thought was very nice. We had such a great experience and decided to eat there the next night. David remembered every single thing the four of us ordered from the previous night and even remembered i wanted my drink before my dinner. He really made our dining experience great and fun! The woman who works in the gift shop I dont recall her name but she was very friendly. Again this is a great place!! I love that you dont have to walk far to get a drink, eat, go in the pool, etc.. It is only steps away. Also when we went there was snow and what a great feeling that we had everything at our finger tips without even having to drive anywhere. Its great for my older daughter she just has to walk across the street to shop and also the Hess station next door sells all kinds of goodies to eat. I highly recommend this place to everyone! I wouldnt consider staying anywhere else in Lancaster, this place is very unique and such a warm atmosphere. As always i booked my trip for next year right before we left for home.

East Norriton, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just returned from an overnight visit at the Fulton. I've read and heard so much about it on this site. The hotel is extremely clean and the staff is very personable. The rooms and decor are really nice throughout the hotel.

Pool area is clean and the for once when someone advertises "heated pool" it is true! The water was warm and enjoyable.

Breakfast at Huckleberry's was great, although way too much food for two for the family style meal. We took alot of it home with us.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kenilworth, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was our first stay at the Fulton Steamboat Inn. It has ambiance in the fact that its shaped like a real steamboat and is decorated nicely in the nautical theme. The inn is spotlessly clean, the staff is friendly and most helpful and the little extras like coffee in the lobby in the morning and either juice or hot chocolate in the lobby in the afternoon, in front of a huge fireplace, just adds to the coziness of how nice the Inn is. Rooms a spacious, well appointed and the beds are really comfortable. The housekeeping dept did an excellent job each day with an ample supply of towels, soap, shampoo and hand lotion. Our surprise every day was a different rubber duck in the bathroom....very neat little touch! Lots of ducks swimming in the back pond with a nice sitting area made for very nice grounds. And if you are a swimmer, remember your suits, a nice indoor pool and hot tub accompanied by plush lounge chairs and nice tables and chairs. I will definitely go back again. And the prices are excellent for where they are located.

Room Tip: We like the first floor room, avoided the wait for the elevator.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fulton Steamboat Inn? Share your experiences!